MarkusSweden

Why are we often judgemental, just like others?

15 posts in this topic

Shouldn't we understand all humans and love them, even if they are at a lower level then us, spiritual wise? 

We can see why they behave in a certain way, we know that they can only act from their own current knowledge and awareness. 

We can see how certain behaviours backfire so we rather feel compassion towards "normies" with low or no enlightenment understanding, instead of judging them.

Well, that's how it suppose to be, but I, you, and all of you here at Actualized.org seem capable of judging others, even Leo and the mods are capable of that. 

Maybe I'm project my own tendencies to some degree. But at least a few of you are capable of judging without hesitation. Just like me.

But we are stars, enlightened bright stars, we shouldn't judge each others or those poor normies. 

How come we do? :( 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

14 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

But we are stars, enlightened bright stars, we shouldn't judge each others or those poor normies. 

Examine

Funny how we judge that judgement is bad.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I'm getting a LOT better at noticing when I judge people, and I think that's one of the 1st steps in not judging, but it takes time and probably a lot of self forgiveness and love. 

I too notice when i judge, but eventhough i watch it i still wan to do it, it's like a disease.

3 minutes ago, Talkawuer said:

I too notice when i judge, but eventhough i watch it i still wan to do it, it's like a disease.

Like right now. You are judging yourself for judging other people.

Exactly, but how can i communicate this situation that i have. Is it a strange loop or what?

Edited by Talkawuer

I have no clue I'm only good at pointing stuff out...I don't actually come up with solutions smh...

@Talkawuer

It's REALLY tough to not do something that we've spent our whole lives doing. Judging others is accepted in most every aspect of society, so it's been one of the most difficult things for me to realize that I'm doing. It's a very insidious thing, it's so under-the-radar for most of us. If you're somewhat new to self-development, like I am, I think you're doing well by simply noticing the behavior when it happens. It's the first step in fixing it. It's easy to become desensitized to the phrase "You just have to forgive yourself for it" but it's a key aspect of moving forward in this confusion. If you're really hard on yourself for anything at this stage (judging others, a rotten meditation session, masturbating, etc), you end up mentally kicking your own ass so hard that you see the entire endeavor as not being worth the pain and you go back to being your old low-consciousness self. 

We judge the whole time guys.This keeps alive the ego and makes us suffer.You need to be mindful, to watch your thoughts and feelings and oppress the judgement by focus in your external senses.It is difficult it takes time and other stuff that have to be the right time.Keep working it takes at least one year of work it works as Leo said like the snowball effect!!!I judge every 5-10 seconds unconsciously and we all suffer unconsciously too!!!

evaluate social status, survival mechanism (3rd chakra)

Edited by Soulbass

Like seriously are you the threadpolice or something? Threads are for discussing, all discussions are masturbation, now let people jack off in peace!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

There really is no difference between the little you in the Dream and the little everything else in the Dream.  It’s by backing out of the whole game, paradoxically, that you become kind to others.  You don’t become kind to others by forcing the little you in the Dream to be kind to others.  That’s Ego.  You become kind by realizing you have no control over the Dream and then you accept everything happening in the Dream.  You lose all Egoic interest in the Dream.  The entire Dream becomes of a piece — a bit of illusion that contains no little you or little anything else in it.

12 hours ago, Rilles said:

Like seriously are you the threadpolice or something? Threads are for discussing, all discussions are masturbation, now let people jack off in peace!

Words, thank you! From an enlightened point of view, there is really nothing to say. Everything become mental masturbation I guess? ?

Isn't it so, yes or no?