Sukhpaal

When Someone Deceives You?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, when someone deceives you like for example manipulates you into doing something or lies to you about something big, how do you react? I still find myself wanting to seek revenge and I know that "seeking revenge" itself is a self deception. 

Watch more of Loe's videos. Specifically "Spiritual Enlightenment - The Most SHOCKING Truth You'll Ever Hear". There is no 'you' to get offended. There is no such thing as 'getting manipulated'. That's a story that you made up, as is everything in your life. Words are just sound waves. They inherently mean nothing. You don't react, because there is nothing to react to. You just go on existing. 

Revenge is never the answer, because you're only hurting yourself by trying to hurt someone else. When someone lies to me, I'm disappointed, but I'm not angry after thinking it through. I've lied to myself and others since I was able to talk, and I undoubtedly did it before then, crying to get mommy and daddy to hold me when I wasn't really upset, etc. It's not to be condoned or encouraged, but I can't hate in someone else something that I did and still do myself. Forgiveness and love is the aim here, and forgiveness doesn't always mean that you still maintain the friendship. Depending on the lie and the frequency of them, it may be best for you both to go your own ways.

@Sukhpaal spinning my wheels about being deceived and taken advantage of is perhaps the mist difficult Story to break free of. That and the “I’m not good enough” Story

Don't revenge, understand that you cannot control other person's behavior, don't expect too much and be ready to all experience, no matter what happen don't believe your thoughts

@Sukhpaal Have pity towards that human. He feels the need to deceive/lie because deep down it feels like the world is hostile. The way to react to a hostile world is lying, deceiving and manipulating.

I just forget about existence of such people, I believe in Karma