PhilGR

Supplement for students

20 posts in this topic

I need a very good supplement for cognitive support focus and memory. I prefer things with plant extracts like ginko biloba or rosemary, any suggestions( mainstream companies please because they are cheap and easy to found)

I don't have any advice but I'm watching thread with interest :ph34r:

general nerve/brain health: B-complex, Magnesium Glycinate, Vitamin D with k2, & Skate liver oil ;) 

BONUS: gingko biloba herb. lions mane mushroom. probiotic (you would think its just for gut health but connects with brain health as well and is very important!). 

Bonus ones if you really wanna go all the way: Alpha Lipoic acid & Co-enzyme Q10

@moon777light I take B complex from Brewers yeast and magnesium and cod liver oil. But I wanted to add a herb like ginko biloba. Is it good or I have to add more? Is that supplement good?

Screenshot_2018-03-11-20-04-27-229_com.android.chrome.png

i used to take cod liver oil but it goes rancid way too easily so i stopped with that. Make sure your magnesium isnt magnesium citrate, because that one absorbs very poorly. be careful with too much gingko biloba, i would use it sparingly as it causes brain hemorrhage in the long run and can give you very intense headaches. I tried L-glutamine, and i am not sure yet if its good or not. I did get headaches and it gave me proteinuria, and it didnt yield that much positive results

Edited by moon777light

@moon777light I take mostly glutamine for recovery after training as my doctor  had said to me . In this supp. I ve showed you Ginko biloba is around 25mg ,I don't remember but I think is fine, I am a little young so I don't get a lot of headaches ,but I will try it. And also I will check what you said about magnesium

Raw cacao, L-theanine, Rhodiola rosea, Bacopa, Gotu Kola, Tulsi, Rosemary, Ashwagandha, Shilajit all are very good natural herbs for cognitive support and memory i have used in the past. Also pair Ginkgo with Ginseng = Very good combination.

https://bebrainfit.com/brain-nutrients/

B R E A T H E

On 3/17/2018 at 7:06 AM, moon777light said:

general nerve/brain health: B-complex, Magnesium Glycinate, Vitamin D with k2, & Skate liver oil ;) 

Wow skate liver oil... what an obscure and unusual recommendation ;). Such great advice!

Lots of great ones in this thread, I'll add...... brain. There are supplements sourced from grass fed cows (quite expensive unfortunately), or if you can get your hand on the meat itself and cook it. 

I would think that eating brain (from a healthy grass fed cow) could support good brain health. I mean, if your brain is missing out on any nutrients that brains need to fully function (like phosphatidylserine), maybe eating brain can provide that for you.

I'm trying it out myself (for 3 days so far). There is some promising anecdotal reports online, but unfortunately it's difficult to research this because if you search "is brain a good nootropic", or "is brain good for your brain", you'll mostly just find brain nootropics like modafinil and the like. 

If none of that interests you, consider phosphatidylserine. Potent cortisol inhibitor, great for memory mood focus etc. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

1 hour ago, InfinitePotential said:

what an obscure and unusual recommendation

it was recommended to me by a certain someone ;) and after thorough research i am DEFINTLEY trying it, just waiting for family to bring it overseas since i cant get the green pasture brand in europe for cheap price. we have a saying in croatian "lipo kao mozak" which means that "its soo good its practically brain!" we say it whenever we eat very yummy soft meat that melts

I've used microdosing LSD in long learning periods before. It helped a lot. I wouldn't recommend using it all the time though because you should not set your new working / focus standard with drugs. But for certain situations it helps just to get shit done and stay motivated.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:43 AM, moon777light said:

it was recommended to me by a certain someone ;) and after thorough research i am DEFINTLEY trying it, just waiting for family to bring it overseas since i cant get the green pasture brand in europe for cheap price. we have a saying in croatian "lipo kao mozak" which means that "its soo good its practically brain!" we say it whenever we eat very yummy soft meat that melts

Yes!!! Your gonna achieve some serious pineal gland gains with that stuff.  Enjoy the vivid dreams.  And wow that sounds great, now I want to eat some brain.  What have I become....

hand-drawn-zombie-halloween-mask_23-2147

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Used Skate in the past. Good Stuff and good call @moon777light on gut health very important for brain function. I eat sauerkraut or kimchi with my salads and yogurt with my smoothies. As for savory i believe miso and fermented cashew cheeses are my favorite. Coconut amino sauces too :)

B R E A T H E

Omega 3 pills has helped me with concentration ability, mental energy and overall well-being, really recommend it. It is a good substitute for eating fish and is cheaper, good choice for a poor student. :)

Gotu Kola is a superstar for brain power...a quick search on pubmed.gov will uncover lots of studies conducted on this herb. I stopped on page 3 because the evidence was so overwhelming

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@pluto what was your experience with skate, and why did you stop? i wish i had kimchi and coconut aminos here :( but luckily eastern europe is stuffed with sauerkraut :D 

I've tried nootropics alpha-gpc, ALCAR ,L-theanine, rholida rosea, bacopa, creatine and piracetam which resulted in tinnitus that's been on going for quite a while and is still present but it is healing.  ( I was also supplementing on fish oil,magnesium,zinc,boron)

I do remember my dreams being more real and vivid on the stack.

From my experience, I wouldn't recommend supplementing just eating clean plant based diet with consistent 15minutes to an hour of meditation is good enough. Experiment diets until you find a diet that works for you whether plant based to keto to paleo/athinks etc

Less is more if you'd like less side effects, I hear bacopa is safe just don't mix it with any other chems and you should be fine. Nootrodepot bacognize brand is quite strong many users feel a difference from it easily, you can google and read it's reviews on reddit. Plenty of users have had positive feedback from it. Had a friend that has used bacopa for like a year+ to get through studies and is fine with no side effects. He says he prefers caffeine to get stuff done over bacopa. So that tells you something they aren't all that considering marketing hype.

Edited by khalifa

8 hours ago, moon777light said:

@pluto what was your experience with skate, and why did you stop? i wish i had kimchi and coconut aminos here :( but luckily eastern europe is stuffed with sauerkraut :D 

I first heard of skate when i was very young around 16-17 looking into how to de-calcify the pineal gland and what not cause i was into psychic abilities and stuff like that. I first heard from it from David Wilcock and his Pineal Gland video. I think it was one of the main supplements that helped me clean, open and activate my 3rd eye to see through the worlds bullshit or through the matrix/illusion(if you will) and later on i understood these weren't really physic abilities but natural abilities that have just been dormant and disabled due to calcification, chemicals, conditioning and fluoride ect.. and also due to never being taught about them so overtime they never got the required exercise so they self-disabled i guess.

I stopped using it because as i was becoming more and more conscious i understood the importance of staying away from most if not all animal products and supporting a non-cruelty way of life and i was consuming a lot of hemp, chia, flaxseeds and other plant-based sources of omegas and already had a nutrition rich whole food diet and an abundance of herbs and superfoods so i was getting most of the nutrients that most people were deficient in anyway so i no longer saw the need for it. I do sometimes take it though, just not as often.

B R E A T H E

Vitamin B12 (other B-Vitamins and Folic Acid as well)

Omega 3 (linseed oil is 50% Omega 3 and very affordable, Chia oil is 60% Omega 3, both vegan, obviously)

Both helped me a lot.