egoless

How to do quality research like Leo?

18 posts in this topic

I mean Leo is world class master at this right?! This guy does such a deep and profound investigation that it's mind blowing. @Leo Gura we gotta admit you are the greatest in this man... what are you doing with your videos is fucking amazing... will you ever teach us how to do this kind of research? where to look, what to read, how much time to dedicate? Where do you compile all this information. I understand this may be way too much to share with us since that's your super power :D but anyways if you ever feel like sharing that would be really profound. Does anyone have good researcher skills? any recommendations or tips on this topic? 

Edited by egoless

I understand where you're coming from with your question, but come on...there's really not a whole lot to it. Even posting this thread has taken time that you could have spent researching. The whole point of research is to reach out into the dark to feel what reaches back, so to say. You simply go and discover with keeping distractions to the absolute minimum. It goes without saying that this forum can be veeeery distracting as many often like to escape here or lose themselves in countless various threads and whatnot...but true research has to be done solo. The trick is to obviously be very mindful about it and to connect the dots between the many things you find and come up with. Doing it effectively will drive you deeper into your research and you will be able to draw from it non-stop.

So, I'd say stop screwing around, stop wasting time and get going;) Life can't be experienced by theorising about experiences, just as research can't be done by theorising about doing research. 

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday OK but... the problem is I have never had research based studies done neither at my school nor in my universities. My studies were always very practical as I studied business and finance. That's why I am asking people who went into philosophy, science or other research studies. I want to know the methods and where to start. some people told me peer reviewed journals are reliable etc... but I want to know solid systematic method behind reputable and quality research

Edited by egoless

@egoless Alright, yeah...I mean I'd still say "just go for it" and look what you can come up with, but it seems as if you're after something very specific that "basic research" doesn't seem to provide (?!).

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

1 minute ago, DocHoliday said:

@egoless Alright, yeah...I mean I'd still say "just go for it" and look what you can come up with, but it seems as if you're after something very specific that "basic research" doesn't seem to provide (?!).

I mean looking only through google is not reliable enough for me for the topics which is really important to understand. and just superficial investigation and unreliable source can even lead you to misconceptions.

@egoless Have you purchased his book list? Might be a proper place to start if you're in need for truly reliable sources I guess.

2 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@egoless Have you purchased his book list? Might be a proper place to start if you're in need for truly reliable sources I guess.

no not yet. I am still going through LP course.

@egoless

Leo has a video on his channel called  "how I do research & develop big picture understanding" I think that's what your looking for.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless That was revealed here:

https://www.actualized.org/articles/how-to-develop-big-picture-understanding

That is also sorta what my book will be about, going into the enormous depth of it. But that won't be ready for years.

thanks! I'm looking forward to read your book! ;) 

@Hero in progress thank you!

Edited by egoless

1.  Passion. 

2.  Have something you really want to say.

3.  Care enough about your art to do a fine job.

@sarapr Not really. Big picture understanding is the deepest understanding there is. The deepest depth comes from wholeness, not from technical specialization. It's deep because it encompasses everything, interconnecting more dots. Big picture understanding produces wisdom and vision which technical specialization cannot.

Yes, you can do both. Although there are obviously tradeoffs between where you allocate your time and energy.

For the most business/career success, you need to specialize in one thing.

For the deepest personal development, you need to go broad and understand many things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@moon777light  thanks!

@Joseph Maynor True.

@Leo Gura to master meditation, yoga and other spiritual techniques to then teach others - should you take big-picture understanding approach or more specialized? In my opinion holistic approach will be more beneficial. 

P.S. when you enjoy doing meditation and visualization much and would do it even for free is that a good indicator of your life passion and domain of your mastery?

Edited by egoless

4 hours ago, egoless said:

@moon777light  thanks!

@Joseph Maynor True.

@Leo Gura to master meditation, yoga and other spiritual techniques to then teach others - should you take big-picture understanding approach or more specialized? In my opinion holistic approach will be more beneficial. 

P.S. when you enjoy doing meditation and visualization much and would do it even for free is that a good indicator of your life passion and domain of your mastery?

I would say holistic as you would really be able to explain things to them in their own language. You will be able to relate with them. 

This is the reason, I have started to follow Leo.