Manjushri

What's something I can 'grind' that will bring me massive benefits in the future?

13 posts in this topic

I'm talking about a skill or something that I can do now in my teen years when I have free time, that I will greatly benefit from throughout my life or later. I've grinded enough piano practice to be as good as I want to be, what's my next go-to useful activity? I really like the concept of grind. For example, you need time and effort to learn an instrument, but when you do, its amazing, now you know to do this thing which you'll benefit from your entire life.But it was necessary to 'grind' till u learned. Now I have the time. Later i probably won't so much. What to invest it into? I grinded languages too, though its a bit od a hit or miss because idk where will my future bring me, i can always grind them on the go, when i know where im going, its not that time consuming. 

@Gligorije

Producing content via social media. Unless the world explodes in the next 15 years, that will be useful.

Meditate like a motherfucker.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Oh I'm doing meditation already but that's not grinding,that's the middle way heh! @aurum what exactly do you mean? 

1 hour ago, aurum said:

@Gligorije

Producing content via social media. Unless the world explodes in the next 15 years, that will be useful.

Why do you say this? If he's only in his teens right now, it's probable that he doesn't know what good content even is. This can come back to haunt him in the future, especially if he's grinding out a bunch of stuff. It can hurt his brand.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@Robert

I’ll let him decide whether or not he’s ready. There are plenty of teenages producing amazing content, and the fact that he’s even on this forum is a good sign.

No better way to learn than to try.

1 hour ago, Gligorije said:

Oh I'm doing meditation already but that's not grinding,that's the middle way heh! @aurum what exactly do you mean? 

I mean start a podcast, YouTube channel, Instagram, blog or whatever else strikes you. 

If you don’t feel ready for that, no problem. Build soft skills in that area like video editing, photography or even writing.

If I had known better when I was a teenager, I would have mastered two things: Art fundamentals and writing. Both of them require a lot of time and fresh brain power. I guess the question is, what do u like to do? Also master a form of martial art. That teaches u discipline. Fundamentals. And try and understand and master your emotions as much as you can. That will give you a super boost in any endowear. 

@Gligorijeyeah I wouldn't start a podcast or a youtube channel if you have nothing to say yet. First get some life experience/expertise. Become really good at socializing would be my advice. Super critical skill and really fun to learn. Also good to get the whole 'getting laid' thing out of the way as quickly as possible. BTW super awesome that you are meditating at your age already. Really really good stuff!

@Robert In 5 years your old content won't matter anymore. (Unless you make it really crazy)

Edited by dude