Joseph Maynor

Why are people assuming that Jesus and Muhammad were enlightened

35 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor Not sure about Mohammad but it is quite possible that Jesus was enlightened. 

It is just a hypothesis, not a fact. Because, there is no way to confirm it.

But I will give you some basis for this hypothesis. The gospels in the Bible are not the only sources of Jesus life. There are several other gospels called as gnostic gospels which are full of non-dual teachings.. Also, there are some sources which say that Jesus was in India between the age of 12-30, as a Buddhist monk. I am doing research on it.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What basis do you have for claiming this?

Nothing really . it's more like that's how the story goes and we believe it 

@Joseph Maynor Read this: https://dailyinformator.com/bbc-doc-proves-jesus-was-a-buddhist-monk-named-issa-who-spent-16-years-in-india-tibet/ It is one basis for such a hypothesis...

I found this documentary. Haven't watched it yet but I think you may be interested..

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Joseph Maynor Before becoming a ‘prophet’, Muhammed would often go to this mountain called ‘Hira’. He would usually spend days or weeks there by himself. No one knew what he did there. But suddenly one night he came running back to his wife, shaking of fear and terror, and told her he saw an angel tell him ‘certain things’.

When he described ‘Allah’ to his friends and family for the first time, he said things like ‘The one’, ‘eternal’, ‘never began and will never end’. 

He also did miraculous things that convinced most people that he was a prophet. You know them as ‘siddhis’. He also regularly spoke with ‘the angel’, just like yogananda regularly spoke with ‘the divine mother’ in his samadhi states. 

It’s not hard to see how this might be related to non duality. I’m not saying he was ‘permanently enlightened’. Just like how Leo gets mystical states from psychedelics and learns from them, he probably received mystical states and communicated them with his friends. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

What basis do you have for claiming this?

As for Jesus:

Matthew 18:3 and Luke 17:21.  The first is a direct pointer to sahaja.

Either become energy sensitive, or dive deeper into their teaching.

Just now, Shanmugam said:

Did you take that literally too? Don't kill anybody dude, you will end up in jail xD

Nah, i understood that one :)

@Joseph Maynor Just to give some important points

1) In Buddhism, after the death of a lama, Tibetan lamas follow some stars and travel a long distance to find out the reincarnation of that Lama. This is a custom. Once they find that reincarnated child, they usually take him with them as the child becomes a boy and teach him Buddhism. Those lamas could be the three magis from East who visited Jesus during his birth (as explained in Bible)

2) In a Buddhist monastery in India, a manuscript was discovered. It talks about Issa, a saint from Isreal who was taken by lamas and brought to India when he was 14 years old. This explains why there is nothing found in Bible about where Jesus was between the age 12 to 30..

Consider the above fact and also consider those gnostic gospels which talk about Jesus in a different way.  Watch the full video, you will get more details..

Shanmugam 

24 minutes ago, FeelFree said:

Either become energy sensitive, or dive deeper into their teaching.

I’ve studied Islam very thoroughly.  I haven’t read every Hadith, but I’ve read enough to get what they are all about.  Islam is a fascinating system and I recommend you all study it.  It’s not just a religion, it’s also a life philosophy and a social organization.  Look at the history of Islamic empires.  When I traveled to Istanbul I got to study the Ottoman Empire which was a massive Islamic world power.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, WildeChilde said:

According to this site, Jesus and Mohammed not only were enlightened but were important messengers of the Truth.  

http://enlightened-people.com/list-of-enlightened-people/

Here is the Kalama Sutta of Buddhism which was composed many centuries before:

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.

Do not believe in traditions simply because they have been handed down for many generations. ... 

Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. 

But when, after observation and analysis, you find anything that agrees with reason, and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

– Buddha, Kalama Sutta

And here is the modern version that I wrote ;)

Don't believe in anything simply because it is on the internet...

Don't believe in anything simply because it has 1 million likes in social media...

Don't believe in anything simply because it is said in a Youtube video..

But when, after observation and analysis, you find anything that agrees with reason, and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

Shanmugam 

Jesus uses a lot of nondual pointers in his teachings. And of course the more well-known teachings about love and compassion. To me Jesus seems like somebody who next to living as Self also embodied an open heart (unconditional love) and fearlesness. 

My guess is that his mind, heart and gut where all totally awakened.

Because this gives people hope. Somthing for thought to imitate. It’s easy for self/volition  to seek security in thought ‘memory, knowledge, experience’ because that is what thought is ‘the old, the past, desire’...our thinking is the result of past thought. The thought that we think we think is not ours. It is just the movement of thought, not yours at all. All thought is old, never new. 

Edited by Faceless