sarapr

what is your feeling of love like?

63 posts in this topic

When I fall in love with someone I can't control myself to think about him, talk to him, look at him and be around him All the time and when I think of him ,tears of joy and love appears in my eyes.

How do you feel when you fall in love?

PS: my assumption beforehand is that for males it's more gross and sex oriented than emotion oriented . I'd be glad to be proven wrong :)

Edited by sarapr

I think you need to drop that, doesn't sound like love, more like extreme attachement.

Human love is riddled with suffering because it is attached to response and reciprocation from the object of its affection. Human love defines itself by being loved in return and often seeks to control, even in the most subtle and sub-conscious of ways, its personal relationships. Human love can be hurtful, jealous, retaliatory, and driven to commit murder. It is limited in scope, has many conditions, and is reserved for a few close ones.

Divine Love is given freely and without thought of return; it is unconditional, generous, kind, and compassionate. Divine Love lays down its life for another; it is selfless and always uplifting. Divine Love does not hurt the human heart, but surpasses it. The human heart is but a starting place where true and pure love springs forth and joins with the Eternal Heart of God. Divine Love cannot be controlled, manipulated, bribed or bought; it is free from vanity and self-aggrandizement; it is as wide and limitless as the universal sky.

Divine Love does not shed tears for itself but for the suffering of others. It is the mainstay of Saints and bears the crosses of the Saviors. It cannot be burned, drowned, cut or suffocated. And you will find it not in the churches of men, but in the House of the Lord God Almighty. You will find it hidden within yourself, ready to be revealed when the last vestiges of ego have been torn away and the full strength of your soul can shine forth and light the world.

http://thewayoftruth.org/teachings/divine-and-human-love.html#.Wp2ElNvkTIV

I'm only starting to feel this, and yes it's way less flashy and palpable (at first at least), but it's more constant, it's not limited to people/pet,  and just feels better overall since there is no need from anyone, YOU are love at that point.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

I think you need to drop that, doesn't sound like love, more like extreme attachement.

http://thewayoftruth.org/teachings/divine-and-human-love.html#.Wp2ElNvkTIV

I'm only starting to feel this, and yes it's way less flashy and palpable (at first at least), but it's more constant, it's not limited to people/pet,  and just feels overall, since there is no need from anyone, YOU are love at that point.

true shit, thats probably attachment.

Yes it is attachment but I don't actually do that . it's a feeling I get once in a while for different people and I get obsessed with that person but then the feeling fades away after a couple of days. it's not real love I guess.

I don't really know what loving others is . 

@sarapr i just know in the few moments i loved someone, i felt dept warmth in my heart

6 minutes ago, sarapr said:

Yes it is attachment but I don't actually do that . it's a feeling I get once in a while for different people and I get obsessed with that person but then the feeling fades away after a couple of days. it's not real love I guess.

If you wait a few months/years I could answer you 9_9

God is love

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

If you wait a few months/years I could answer you 9_9

Why ? 

I love others for my own sake and if I love them for their own sake it becomes a feeling of pitty for them.

Just now, sarapr said:

Why ? 

Because from I understand, the only way to truly love is to be self-realized.

1 minute ago, sarapr said:

I love others for my own sake and if I love them for their own sake it becomes a feeling of pitty for them.

What do you mean by pitty ?

God is love

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

Because from I understand, the only way to truly love is to be self-realized.

What do you mean by pitty ?

By self-realized , you mean self love?

I spelled it wrong , by pity I mean feeling bad for them because the only reason I might love someone now is because I like them and like to keep them to myself but if I don't want to love them for my own sake then it's most likely because I feel sorry for them.

1 minute ago, sarapr said:

By self-realized , you mean self love?

I spelled it wrong , by pity I mean feeling bad for them because the only reason I might love someone now is because I like them and like to keep them to myself but if I don't want to love them for my own sake then it's most likely because I feel sorry for them.

No I mean enlightened/awakened, and even then, you might still not love (there is different type of awakening).

But how does the "feel sorry" for them feels ? Is it a superiority complex or a compassion thing ?

Might want to summon some guys like Nahm, Shanmugam here etc...
I don't really know what I'm talking about if I'm really honest here  ;) 

God is love

And God in them

It's compassion.

My love for people falls into only those two categories and it's very petty now that I think about it.

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

Might want to summon some guys like Nahm, Shanmugam here etc...

I don't really know what I'm talking about if I'm really honest here  ;) 

Yeah it's alright .:D

it's a tricky subject 

1 hour ago, sarapr said:

It's compassion.

My love for people falls into only those two categories and it's very petty now that I think about it.

Yeah it's alright .:D

it's a tricky subject 

You shy ? B|

Ok i do it for you B|

@Nahm  @Shanmugam @Danielle

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Hey sara.

I think that falling in love is a very different thing than LOVE with the whole meaning. Attachment is the first one, we all felt that some day in our lives and its totally okay, but it doesn't last and its such a cumbersome. You know what it is ? Attachment is suffering. Ofc its not LOVE. But stupid movies, stupid commercials and stupid minds all that stupidness together lol confuses it for "love" , love its not that.Thats hell.haha. If u attach to someone its not only hell for you but for them as well. Im sure u have experienced that I dont need to keep analyzing. True Love is genuine , compassion,  true acceptance,  forgiveness and all the good stuff that love is. Thats love. And to feel that, its kinda difficult cause u need to take care of the eho-stuff first. Realizing your own nature can make u feel the love ? 

20 minutes ago, Shin said:

You shy ? B|

Ok i do it for you B|

@Nahm  @Shanmugam @Danielle

That's what you meant I should do :D

But it's not useful anymore , the notification is gone  

2 hours ago, sarapr said:

True Love, according to Eckhart Tolle is when you "see" yourself into the other person. It's the recognition of "your" self, the essence of who you truly are, to the other.

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

2 hours ago, sarapr said:

Noone likes to be "loved" just because you feel sorry for them. Same to you. You wouldnt like others to love you just because they have to.(because they want to help you along your journey, keep you company, stay with u when u feel lonely, fulfill your needs and take care of ur fears or insecurities) 

So thats totally normal 

But u need to love what u have in order to love them and not feel sorry about them. Dont feel sorry about them (i mean feel it if its what it is , dont repress it ) but what i mean is that you dont have to pity them because theyre not in such positiin 

After reading what you said and watching the video this is what came to my mind: that if we stop projecting and conceptualizing about others then all that will be left is purely who they are and it's gonna be the same for everyone because if we don't assign labels and ideas to people's behaviors and actions then everyone will be the same for us , we'll look at everyone in the same manner . then there will be no place for liking someone over the other or feeling sorry for this one but another way for the other one, then unconditional love can happen but in practice it's much harder to stop projecting onto others , in reality I love someone because they make me happy and if they don't then I'll no longer love them but what I fail to understand is that this love eventually makes me unsatisfied and in fact I could be much more happy if I gave out my love to everyone unconditionally , that would come back to make me a longer lasting happiness .

25 minutes ago, sarapr said:

but what I fail to understand is that this love eventually makes me unsatisfied and in fact I could be much more happy if I gave out my love to everyone unconditionally , that would come back to make me a longer lasting happiness .

How do you not understand if you give yourself the answer just after ? xD 

God is love

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

How do you not understand if you give yourself the answer just after ? xD 

In practice.

It's so easy to just conceptualize the perfect way but not so easy to do