moon777light

thoughts on sadghuru?

28 posts in this topic

this video about yoga really couldnt of come at a better time, for the past month i have been researching and watching all the videos i can about authentic yoga. (an amazing series is "yogic paths") but i have been bombarded by different paths and info and am slightly confused. There are those yoga teachers that are definitely corrupt (dont get me started on nithyananda) but there others that seem to be the real deal, such as sadghuru. Anyone care to share thoughts on him?  I started to do some meditations based off of tantrik yoga, and combined it with traditional hatha asanas, from the pradipika (which is what sadghuru bases most of his asanas from), but now after leos video im doubting if this is the most effective way of yoga for me. I might just get a notebook, and do it the classic scientific way and write out my experiences from different methods and see whats best. 

@moon777light  Kriya Yoga has a lot of myths. If you want to learn Yoga, go through this thread:

Regarding Sadhguru, read this:

https://nellaishanmugam.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/why-do-i-criticize-sadhguru-jaggi-vasudev/

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

thank you so much i read everything, very lengthy but amazing post :D i always was skeptical of sadhguru's "facts", but damn, whoever was responsible for the marketing of isha foundation and sadhgurus image did an incredible job haha

6 minutes ago, moon777light said:

thank you so much i read everything, very lengthy but amazing post :D i always was skeptical of sadhguru's "facts", but damn, whoever was responsible for the marketing of isha foundation and sadhgurus image did an incredible job haha

what did they do?

i meant that they made isha foundation and whole image of sadhguru look very hmm..tempting for novices i guess? its everything what an average person on the street would associate with "enlightenment" and "gurus" and "traditional yoga"

3 hours ago, moon777light said:

Anyone care to share thoughts on him?

I'm initiated into all isha hatha yoga practices including Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya. If you're smart, you will follow sadhguru. Because it's simple logic to fallow the best sage on the planet. 

No other yoga compares to his. Even if you do exactly the same thing, you won't get the results. Because you need to get imprinted in a curtain way so than the practice would function whithin you in a curtain way. 

Just do what the best sage on the planet tells you to do and you'll be fine. Don't do the opposite, which is doing yoga from books and internet.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I'm initiated into all isha hatha yoga practices including Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya. If you're smart, you will follow sadhguru. Because it's simple logic to fallow the best sage on the planet. 

No other yoga compares to his. Even if you do exactly the same thing, you won't get the results. Because you need to get imprinted in a curtain way so than the practice would function whithin you in a curtain way. 

Just do what the best sage on the planet tells you to do and you'll be fine. Don't do the opposite, which is doing yoga from books and internet.

Dont blindly follow what someone says

36 minutes ago, wavydude said:

@Salvijus

How long you've been practicing sadghuru's yoga?

What did it do for you ?

The best way to know what these practices can do for you is to see one of the teachers from Isha. Pure saints I'm telling you. With capabilities of a superhuman, almost like from the Matrix. Just by seeing them you will know thats the real deal. I want to practice what they're practicing 

What it did to me have surpassed all my expectations of what yoga can do for someone. I'm just eternally grateful I got this lucky to be initiated into such a powerful spiritual path. 

This is somethink beyond my understanding that everyone should have a taste of.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

The best way to know what these practices can do for you is to see one of the teachers from Isha. Pure saints I'm telling you. With capabilities of a superhuman, almost like from the Matrix. Just by seeing them you will know thats the real deal. I want to practice what they're practicing 

What it did to me have surpassed all my expectations of what yoga can do for someone. I'm just eternally grateful I got this lucky to be initiated into such a powerful spiritual path. 

This is somethink beyond my understanding that everyone should have a taste of.

Can you levitate?

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Even if you do exactly the same thing, you won't get the results. Because you need to get imprinted in a curtain way so than the practice would function whithin you in a curtain way. 

i know he's a pretty good teacher/guru and can help people but this statement just says "there is only one right path no other"... one of the first things people should know is the knowledge that there are many paths to enlightenment, there is no 'best' path, this is a huge red flag what has been said above. and i remember quite distinctly reading an article on the isha website where sadhguru talks about infinite paths to union. 

@Shanmugam i am now seeing what you were talking about first-hand

@moon777light

Sadhguru is an excellent guru. He is not corrupt. But of course opinions on such things will differ. For you, all of this is just hearsay.

If you are interested in a spiritual path, you must actually walk it to know whether it will suit you. You cannot ask people on an online forum to determine that for you.

When it comes to gurus and teachers you must be extra-careful with your judgements, expectations, doubts, and projections. Such people are at levels of consciousness which you cannot imagine, and what they do and why they do it may not make sense from your current level.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The basic necessity  when trying to make a leap is to have a solid ground.

I have tried the practices of a few different schools of Yoga but Isha's practices are REALLY AMAZING to get you create a solid ground for your system.

Most of the Isha followers get really excited when they are recommending Isha/Sadhguru which sends a negative or repulsive message, but leave all the talks and just experiment with the practices taught at Isha like Hatha-Yoga/Surya Kriya/Shambhavi/Shakti Chalan Kriya - Judge yourself.

DO NOT GO ON INTERNET TO LEARN YOGA PRACTICES - you may end up reaching nowhere. There are very finer aspects that are covered RARELY by most and they make HUGE difference.

Once you have sufficient balance within yourself - you will know what to do and whom to go ahead with.

What a lot of people who haven’t researched Sadhguru deeply don’t know, is that he did a lot of the writing for Osho (before his Catholic period of course). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

What a lot of people who haven’t researched Sadhguru deeply don’t know, is that he did a lot of the writing for Osho (before his Catholic period of course). 

Where did you get this story? xDxDxD   And what do you mean by 'writing for Osho'?

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Another thing that many people have missed out is the fact that Sadhguru is actually the unknown son of Eckhart Tolle.

All the excitement aside, the real issue can be very simply stated: how many people has he led to sahaja?

Everything else is trappings, theatrics, charisma and hype.

Cold hard numbers is what matters.

This process is demystifiable down to a science.

Stabilized in non-duality yet? Cosmic consciousness? God Consciousness, etc.?

If so, how long did it take? If not, how long have you been at it?

Only results matter, not gurus or teachers and their awesome awesomeness.

People have had great results with no-name teachers with no-trappings, no charisma, but also no B.S.

Edited by Haumea