Stoica Doru

Free will doesn't exist

30 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Reflection said:

People think free will exists because they cannot see all the causes to an effect.  But if you look closely enough you can find a cause to every action, and for every action, a reaction.  This is the Nature of the Universe and your very own thoughts and decisions are no exception.

Yep.  There's no little you doing anything.  Free will is just a belief about reality.  But if you rest as Awareness, or BE-ing, you can see that it all moves by itself by magic.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

So... When someone starts meditating, why do we tell them, "hey that's great, keep up the good work", when apparently it would  have happened anyway, and would have continued to happen or not happen with or without encouragement? 

Are we all living a script? 

Free will and ego suggest two beings. Going a little overboard with the not living life to the fullest, imo. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, starsofclay said:

So... When someone starts meditating, why do we tell them, "hey that's great, keep up the good work", when apparently it would  have happened anyway, and would have continued to happen or not happen with or without encouragement? 

If things are happening due to chain of events, actions and reactions, etc, you would compliment them or you wouldn't due to what you think at the moment of decision making. You are thinking about if it matters or not and in any case you still may or may not end up to doing it. Also afterwards, that person gets your result and it influences them in a way. 

You all seem so sure...but I'm not there yet... perhaps not having free choice is simply way too creepy for me...

bah-hum-bug-bullshit to "soul contracts" etc....  free will... the rest of you can be trapped actors in a fucked up play if you like.... my ego believes that it chooses all roles, director, producer, and star ...lol...

I love just randomly going a different direction in my car...or deciding not to do that... I just really like choice... maybe I "need" to feel I can choose... the alternative seems rather evil-over-lord-ish doesn't it?

On 5.3.2018 at 11:20 AM, Stoica Doru said:

before we reincarnate, we choose all of our live experiences and circumstances, including our parents and relationships through something called soul contracts.

Yeah. 4 year old kid chooses to get hit by a car and die. People choose their suffering and so on. Great idea!

8 hours ago, starsofclay said:

why do we tell them, "hey that's great, keep up the good work", when apparently it would  have happened anyway, and would have continued to happen or not happen with or without encouragement? 

@starsofclay Your encouragement is scripted as well.

The real mindfuck is that cause and effect is also an idea to explain reality, just like free will. Reality has no clue about it other than through your concepts. It all just happens.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

But why do people think "decisions" have some special place outside of the free will argument? Is it because it's at the point of a "decision" that you think the cerebral cortex takes back a modicum of control, where what I believe is; it doesn't, the decision is all part of the game too.

17 hours ago, starsofclay said:

Sshhh, don't point out the contradictions, it disturbs the meat robots!

15 hours ago, Shroomer said:

Yeah. 4 year old kid chooses to get hit by a car and die. People choose their suffering and so on. Great idea!

Why not? Good and evil don't exist, so, for the sake of experience, Existence is impartial. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.