D-tron

Meditation hallucinations

20 posts in this topic

I have a vipassana 10 day meditation coming up in June and decided to start meditating 1-2 hous a day. I've been getting intense hallucinations every time lately. Will these hallucinations ever stop or is this a permanent part of meditation now?  I try to remain calm but it's difficult still. Getting better each time though. 

What implies to you these hallucinations?

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

2 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

Like amorphous colored blobs floating by? 

Bugs running comically fast on my skin, body and skin getting really hot, sensation of being pulled out of my body, 

I hit send by accident. Also loss of a sense of body, hearing fading out, sinking into the floor, vibrations/electricity going threw hands and body. 

12 minutes ago, D-tron said:

I hit send by accident. Also loss of a sense of body, hearing fading out, sinking into the floor, vibrations/electricity going threw hands and body. 

Meditate more :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Better try yoga man

Do you workout?

Edited by Vingger

@D-tron Sounds like thought is not going without a fight. Hang in there. Be a transistor of love. When I was a kid, I had a hallucination thing for a minute. Enormous bugs would crawl in and out of the kitchen cupboards. When I finally said, alright, so I hallucinate apparently, it is what it is - it stopped. Bugs got nothin on love. 

Hands feel like they ‘blow up’ like balloons? I had that as a kid too. Just wondering. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

29 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@D-tron Sounds like thought is not going without a fight. Hang in there. Be a transistor of love. When I was a kid, I had a hallucination thing for a minute. Enormous bugs would crawl in and out of the kitchen cupboards. When I finally said, alright, so I hallucinate apparently, it is what it is - it stopped. Bugs got nothin on love. 

Hands feel like they ‘blow up’ like balloons? I had that as a kid too. Just wondering. 

Be a transistor of love.... I love that phrase.  

I suppose the hallucinations are just a part of spiritual purification. I'm listening to Leo's dark side of meditation video right now again. Haven't watched it in a while. The night my body and hearing started fading out I think I was on the verge on an ego death because a real death felt like it was about to happen and I got up and broke the meditation. Next time that happens I'm going to try and sit it out.  

I supposed people have to go through this but getting hurt is...way too much, do workout or yoga, then learn what body is, otherwise you will get deceived by mental identification.

I'm on about week 3 of starting my meditation and today I feel I had an out of body experience which made me feel uncomfortable. Has this happened to anyone else?

8 hours ago, Vingger said:

Better try yoga man

Do you workout?

I do workout 5 days a week

@D-tron It's all a natural part of the spiritual purification process. Stay the course and try not to get too wrapped up in phenomena.

If you get a lot of phenomena like that, that might mean you are paranormally sensitive and could develop siddhis (paranormal powers) like seeing auras, etc. That can be cool and useful stuff. But it can also be a big distraction from pure awakening. I suggest you go for pure awakening first. Then you can circle back around to siddhis if you still want.

Personally, I've never got anything like that. But I'm a very rationally-minded person.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@D-tron It's all a natural part of the spiritual purification process. Stay the course and try not to get too wrapped up in phenomena.

If you get a lot of phenomena like that, that might mean you are paranormally sensitive and could develop siddhis (paranormal powers) like seeing auras, etc. That can be cool and useful stuff. But it can also be a big distraction from pure awakening. I suggest you go for pure awakening first. Then you can circle back around to siddhis if you still want.

Personally, I've never got anything like that. But I'm a very rationally-minded person.

I had an awakening experience back in 2002 on mushrooms. Had the deep sense I was god and created the whole thing. I could go for another one of those but it was a tough experience for sure, experienced things I didn't know were humanly possible to experience. Pretty sure the crazy effects I get from meditation are unavoidable at this point unless they run their course and stop. Maybe the hallucinations are caused by the strict determination sitting I do acting almost like a sensory deprivation chamber. Interestingly after my meditation last night I had a dream I was in a gas station store and a giant dog was in there. I wasn't sure if it was going to attack or play. It lunged at me and I remained calm. Then it started biting my hand in a playful but painful way and I thought to myself this is a test of equanimity. I was able to remain mostly calm but not 100 percent. I pulled back slightly but gave up after a second and accepted it. It released it's grip and ran out the door. 

Edited by D-tron

The things with bugs is really common. When I lived in a monastery I felt a lot of spiders walking under my clothes and I wasn't the only one but it went away eventually. This is not dangerous at all but it is common to get sucked in to these kinds of experiences and it is important to not get attached to this stuff. Good luck on your retreat! :) 

Hallå

13 minutes ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

The things with bugs is really common. When I lived in a monastery I felt a lot of spiders walking under my clothes and I wasn't the only one but it went away eventually. This is not dangerous at all but it is common to get sucked in to these kinds of experiences and it is important to not get attached to this stuff. Good luck on your retreat! :) 

Yes it's creepy because it feels 100 percent real! First time it happened it felt like a spider dropped down on my head slowly crawled down on my eye lid then slowly crawled back up on my hair. That time I didn't even know it was a hallucination. I thought there was a spider there for real but the motion of it's legs was kind of exaggerated. 

@D-tron these are normal hallucinations for putting yourself into sleep paralysis, which i think you might be accidentally doing after sitting for so long. Did you gradually go up to 1-2 hours per day or did you make a big leap?

When I saw the title of thread, I thought you meant hallucinations of images, land scapes, people, etc. Which is what I get, some times in full color, and sometimes accompanied with audio hallucinations, and would like to know if that's normal. @Leo Gura

59 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

@D-tron these are normal hallucinations for putting yourself into sleep paralysis, which i think you might be accidentally doing after sitting for so long. Did you gradually go up to 1-2 hours per day or did you make a big leap?

When I saw the title of thread, I thought you meant hallucinations of images, land scapes, people, etc. Which is what I get, some times in full color, and sometimes accompanied with audio hallucinations, and would like to know if that's normal. @Leo Gura

I've never had sleep paralysis before. Three nights ago the stuff started happening in about three minutes after starting. I'm very awake when it happens. I've been reading some books by the Dalai Lama and read for an hour before I meditate and I can feel this gets me deeper into the meditation right away. Last night from being on this forum I didn't read any before meditating and didn't go very deep. No hallucinations happened.