Faceless

The beauty of Headlessness

28 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

Just for twenty-four hours, try it - total acceptance, whatsoever happens. Someone insults you, accept it; don't react, and see what happens. Suddenly you will feel an energy flowing in you that you have not felt before.

@Shanmugam Yes We carry so much resistance and have done so for so long we often don't even realize it. Even when there is nothing immediately presenting resistance there remains the expectation of what will arise. 

Just be without trying to control.  Reality just happens.  Acceptance is the only virtue.  Love comes as a byproduct, it's not a virtue in itself.  Trying to love is egoic.  Trying to avoid thinking is egoic.  Trying to do anything is egoic.  Just accept reality as it is, and for what it does.  Be that.  It's amazing.  That's the unchanging Self.  Rest as awareness and open yourself up.  Open up.  The Ego wants to close off.  You wanna open up, but don't try to do that.  Just be aware of how the Ego works and stop trying to control.  You will open up naturally as you walk the path.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Faceless Not trying to be confrontational but who knows this? Isn't that the head having an experience of no head?

If I'm not mistaken, "headlessness" is a metaphor for the "full enlightenment" state, The Absolute, LOC 1000.

The I-thought no longer arises, so there isn't a "subject" paying attention to an "object."  There is attention without one attending and another being attended to.

This is all on the existential level.  Intellectual powers remain as before so in a sense, everything is "the same."

Edited by Haumea

"Five senses changed in five days, and on the sixth day I was lying down on a sofa - Valentine was there in the kitchen - and suddenly my body disappeared. There was no body there. I looked at my hand. (Crazy thing - you would certainly put me in the mental hospital.) I looked at it - "Is this my hand?" There was no questioning here, but the whole situation was like that - that is all I am describing. So I touched this body - nothing - I didn't feel there was anything there except the touch, you see, the point of contact. Then I called Valentine: "Do you see my body on this sofa? Nothing inside of me says that this is my body." She touched it - "This is your body." And yet that assurance didn't give me any comfort or satisfaction - "What is this funny business? My body is missing." My body had gone away, and it has never come back. The points of contact are all that is there for the body - nothing else is there for me - because the seeing is altogether independent of the sense of touch here. So it is not possible for me to create a complete image of my body even, because where there's no sense of touch there are missing points here in the consciousness."

- U.G Krishnamurti
He's got an interesting enlightenment. 

http://www.themiracletimes.com/Nov-03/UGK.htm

@Haumea

3 minutes ago, Haumea said:

The I-thought no longer arises, so there isn't a "subject" paying attention to an "object."  There is attention without anyone attending and anything attended to.

Yup, sounds like a dead person. Can't get any more no -freewill than that. 

6 hours ago, Faceless said:

Beauty, joy, creativity, compassion, and love are born out of attention without motive....Headlessness is when the perceiver and the perceived are not, but when there is only perception. 

To be headless is the ultimate freedom. Not freedom for or freedom from but just freedom. 

@Faceless More like there is only being, but hey...who cares about semantics?

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H