playdoh

"We don't know where thoughts come from"? srsly??!

104 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

You believe in a external world that don't exists

There one also needs to be careful not to start believing that world doesn't exist. It safe to assume that you simply don't know and investigate from that point. When you will find it then you can say: "Ohh, I really see it doesn't exist." Or maybe you will say it does exist. It doesn't matter what words you assign to it, what's important is the Truth itself.

there is much better question

is thoughts-arising process causal or chaotic(random)?????????????????????????????????????:o:o:o

how about emotions, feelings?

Edited by Monkey-man

This is a topic that needs to be very seriously contemplated, and not debated or discussed.

You have to sit down and force yourself to contemplate your rock-bottom assumptions about reality:

• Why do I assume reality exist?
  • How can I be sure reality is real?
  • What does "real" really mean, anyway?
  • What is existence?
  • Could I be deceiving myself?
  • Does consciousness exist in a brain? Or is "the brain" existing within consciousness?
  • If the brain is inside the universe, how can the universe be inside the brain?
  • Etc.

This contemplation must be done extremely carefully, avoiding all personal self-biases and cultural assumptions.

Very few people do this kind of contemplation seriously. And discussing it with people will not help you, but only distract you. It works like doing a mathematical proof. You have to trace through the logic of it to see how the materialist paradigm contradicts itself.

And it definitely DOES contradict itself.

I can tell you right now, having spent years doing this contemplation, and experiencing the Absolute many times now, there is no such thing as reality. But believing me is totally useless. You need to go through the proof yourself. I'm just telling you what you will discover in the ultimate end. Don't be surprised if this process kills you. That's precisely the point. You are deeply involved in this process. The misunderstanding of reality runs straight through you. Which is why it's so difficult to correct. But it's doable for those who are really serious about life.

Good luck and have faith that it will be worth the effort. You will be pleasantly surprised if you succeed ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If we’re intent on waking up, we can use all avenues, science is just one tool. There are some enlightened scientists. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mighty Mouse It’s all relative to where we’re coming from. Interest in quantum mechanics was a tool to open my mind up, inspired me to self inquire more realizing I am made of literally nothing. It’s not for everyone of course. Going within is the way, and all roads lead to the truth ultimately. Science is just inquiry of the illusion, I feel it can be very helpful in realizing what is not illusion. 

@SuperLuigi posted this, https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/12/what-makes-you-you.html, @star ark I thought you might find this useful / helpful. 

If there’s no brain there’s no memory, knowledge,experience. Therefore there is no thought. So if thought is not a result of a material process of the oragan in our heads then where do you guys say thought does come from?

@Mighty Mouse

thats what’s implied, it’s not actually non physical. Thought is a result of the brain cells.  Without the “physical” organ there there is no system to operate. Therefore no thought. Thought is a result of that physical process. Right? No material process no u 

@Mighty Mouse no argument 

no material process no thought. Without the brain “organ” thought is not 

Edited by Faceless

Welcom to the circus everyone lololol

Edited by Faceless

@Mighty Mouse What happens when that thing we call an organ or brain is taken out? Can u think with out that? If you didn’t have memory could u think? 

@Mighty Mouse yeah, but anything can be used to keep the mind’s status quo or expand it. Spirituality gets used like that too. I prefer to use all tools. It’s good to make a distinction between qm’s and science by and large. Topics like Schrödinger’s cat, superposition, entanglement, etc were very helpful to me. The brain topic is too tough (imo). Can’t think our way to transcending thinking. 99.9% of people will never get this without psychedelics. The problem is, if we’re in the thinking paradigm exclusively, then psychedelics seem scary as hell, so we badmouth them without realizing we’re shooting ourself in the foot. Pair that with a hurtful past we may  be hanging on to, and the chances are slim to none. Brain & science paradigm life sentence. Still though, that person, even without the breakthrough, can certainly be present in the now, enjoy the isness, and live a perfectly happy life. Not me. Other people can do this. 

@Nahm that’s is where insight comes in. Insight is not of thought. Thought is limited, conditioned, partial, and always fragmented. Where as insight which is whole, limitless, unconditioned, is not. 

@Mighty Mousethis is an obvious fact that if there is no memory there is not thought lol 

show me otherwise.. I’m waiting 

im open friend 

no romantic, sentimental bs please 

I’m a roast, baste me 

Edited by Faceless

15 minutes ago, Faceless said:

this is an obvious fact that if there is no memory there is not thought lol 

show me otherwise.. I’m waiting 

Alzheimer's, your wait is done....obviously it's not so obvious to you and it's not a fact, just a mistaken belief of yours.

@Mighty Mouse how is this not objective investigation? Seems as though you are the one neck deep in deception my friend.

i simply want to investigate how thought can be if there was no memory. You seem to know. Lay it on me jive turkey ? 

@SOUL lol

doesn’t that further prove that without memory there is no thought therefore a non ability to function and respond to ones environment and so on?