Omni

Attaining Enlightenment [Discussion]

9 posts in this topic

Alright, so basically my question is - what is the point of attaining it? And this is a naive question I'm very aware, but let me elaborate a bit before I get the holier than thou flood. As I'm not opposing Enlightenment, rather inquiring about the end-game. And I don't mean this as 'I am now enlightened, therefore the work is done' I simply mean the ultimate end-game.

Sure, I can get behind the idea of extensive free will, the understanding of truth/mysticism/reality with clarity, and then some(Sure I'm giving shallow examples to relay my point). However, is it then simply the goal to spread Enlightenment as far as possible after that point? To help others come closer with the truth as well? and I fully understand I'm essentially asking to explain this to me in a 'materialist' paradigm, but bear with me here.

Sure, let's say 200+ years down the line we don't eradicate ourselves, the planet doesn't meet a catastrophic end and we even advance quite a bit in our technological advances by then. But suddenly - everyone has attained Enlightenment! What then? - And granted this may be very naive to assume that will happen within that time, or even at all - or more so to even ask this next:

But then what? Where do our goals shift at that point? It almost appears as if we need that division, just as non-duality needs  duality in a twisted sense. And don't take this the wrong way either, when I look around and see nature - it certainly is magical, and seeing such systems even as minuscule as ant-hills, schools of fish and other large-systems work in unison to the point of all reality working in unison- it's absolutely astounding and inspiring and even leaves me in awe wondering where we would be with that type of unification.

But..

Do we simply disappear into the nothingness from whence we came? Do we set then our sights even higher with less destructive standards? Do we just simply exist at that point?

I feel that maybe Enlightenment may not be the goal here, and sure I've got money on this being the ego really twisting my perception around on this one.

But won't we reach the absolute truth after we're dead anyways - therefore to put everything else aside for the absolute truth seems redundant, no? Or is reality SO cyclic that the only path is a form of 'reincarnation' - meaning that we are simply attempting to hand down these methods of teachings to the next 'us' to reach some form of higher evolutionary state of consciousness and potentially transcend this 'dimension' altogether?

I really don't expect a correct answer, nor do I think 99% if not 100% of respondents will even get close - as this is simply just inquiry on the topic, I'm curious as to some of you might perceive it as.

Edited by Omni

The point is that all your garbage beliefs need to be cleaned out so you can have a sense of the Authentic-Self.  Once you have a sense of the Authentic-Self, you can use awareness of reality to basically keep the Mind from manipulating your beliefs and emotions.  The fox won’t chase its tail so much.  ?  And your life will become more aligned with your authentic values and strengths.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There cannot be any points when everything is ONE.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ultimately, for me it was truth, unbounded freedom, and peace that transcends all understanding/mind. Why wait till you're 'dead' to realize those?

Edited by Natasha

2 hours ago, Omni said:

non-duality needs  duality

Not really. If you can oppose something to non-duality, then it becomes a duality, so you are not really speaking about Non-duality.

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Why wait till you're 'dead'

Good point, Natasha! Good point.

6 minutes ago, Source_Mystic said:

@Omni If I had to explain the process of enlightenment  and why it is reverent ,  It would simply be to stop the suffering of your being out of the sheer ignorance of understanding your essential nature. 

Life is completely meaningless, there is no meaning of life except what you make it . The practice of Mysticism and Meditation are to bring you to a familiarity  with awareness,  awareness will bring you closer and closer to union. If you want to understand the fundamental nature of reality than this is your path if you do not well then there is no need to meditate or do anything really.

If that is the case go learn to play guitar or paint or invent or whatever you heart desires. If you do that you will continue to suffer needlessly out of confusion of what you really are.

So the process of enlightenment is to stop needless suffering of your being.

If you like suffering needlessly out of ignorance  you will have no need for enlightenment.

Well said.   Ime, that path leads to the experience of nonduality, which is incommunicable, in any literal sense.  When we see the truth in this regard and are then living without the suffering....we tend to want to know the whole truth. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There cannot be any points when everything is ONE.

My gf asks me what my “end game” for all the personal development is. Hard for me to explain there us no end game.

First of all enlightenment is not attainment just to clear things up :)

And my point of view is very simple. It's your damn right as a human to know who you are. If you don't know then one can say you are wasting your life on something that is not you. 

☮️

Why the hell should I take any of you serious while non of you have attained self realization?