Joseph Maynor

Is Ecstasy or Molly (MDMA) Recommended for Spiritual Work?

14 posts in this topic

Yes. Make sure you're plenty hydrated before you take it, don't eat a couple hours before either, do it while fasting if you dare.

Edited by nightrider1435

tbh from my experience mdma is not very suited for spirituality

its more for fun and joy

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It all depends on the spiritual development of the individual and set & setting. Any known substances can have a spiritual effect when intention is purely based on spiritual growth and healing. I haven't started any topics on my personal MDMA experiences but i have made a handful of comments on how they have helped me in the past.

Here are some i scooped up :)

http://howtousepsychedelics.org/mdma/

The whole (MDMA and Spirituality) topic should be a good read in general. Hope this helps

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

In my opinion and experience MDMA is a lovely substance. Disclaimer: My two trips on 'Monster logo' ecstacy green tablets may have been 'ecstacid' - lsd in there too, but the evenings spent solo with this substance were profoundly and strikingly beautiful in every way, and certainly markedly different than lsd by itself. I'd call MDMA an empathogen, as others have, and can heartily recommend a little experimentation. Source it well and don't overdo it, dosage or frequency-wise. Many folks speak of down days after tripping on MDMA, I guess the results of seratonin depletion or something, but that was not my experience. Be aware also that there has been speculation of some level of neurotoxicity regarding this substance, but I'm not sure if the jury's in on that one. Do your research. Also, try the forum's search feature.. I did post a short trip report here after my limited experience. 

@Joseph Maynor Used to love m. Especially in the techno clubs. Kissing and hugging girls all night long. Outgrown it kinda. It certainly made me more open emotionally. But to be honest the first time was unforgettable. It was magical. But after some time it is starting to lose it’s magic. It was certianly the opening into something more profound. Open mindedness and willingness to explore. Makes you see the world with the lenses of open emotions. Makes you feel unconditional love with everyone and everything. 

Imho possibly the best result it would have if only taken once with safety and safe environment. Music also sounds much more profound afterwards. Would be nice intro in the world of love and magic! Maybe intro to spiritual experiences not more though...

If someone wants to take it anyways. Careful... it’s so easy to abuse it.

only pure m and safe dose. Pills contain lots of toxic shit nowadays.

Edited by egoless

Maybe good for getting in touch with the Body it seems.  Sometimes us top-heavy people forget about the Body as we get so fascinated with ideas and the Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Sam Harris talks about MDMA from time to time. I think when he took it, he felt a sense of unconditional love towards everything and realized that such a state of experience existed so he decided to investigate spirituality further. I think all drugs can be teachers in a certain way. Just like in school - some are bad teachers, while others are great teachers.

I think when most people say they have done it is when they're out and about with their friends, social event, or a rave. I bet very few have done them in a safe location with the "intention" to look inside and grow. Now that will be a whole different trip of itself regardless whether it's a fun drug. 

Unconditional Love is one of the most higher consciousness expressions you can experience. If you are able to sustain that long enough it can change your whole reality very quickly. When done correctly, in the right set/setting and intention like some experiences i have shared it can be carried on day to day life especially when the insights and realizations are applied because that's how i see psychedelics even though MDMA is not a true psychedelic once the realization is there especially if you already have had enlightenment experiences or adequate spiritual atonement the realization stays with you and the only way it does not if you have accepted the belief system that it does not and haven't applied the teachings to leave a more permanent effect afterwards then instead keep running to it as an escape route for the substance to do it for you.

Like Alan Watts would say regarding psychedelics: "If you get the message, Hang up the phone".

B R E A T H E

@pluto M is very easy to abuse though. Even when used with rule of thumb - 3 month gapes it may still cause some neuron toxicity. From prolonged usage it may cause low serotonin syndrome and even permanent depression with heavy abuse. Don't get me wrong imho it certainly has some profound benefits but it is way too "easy" drug and thus very easy to get addicted to.

Unconditional love on M is something truly magical but unfortunately this drug comes with high consequences if used frequently.

Edited by egoless

6 hours ago, egoless said:

@pluto M is very easy to abuse though. Even when used with rule of thumb - 3 month gapes it may still cause some neuron toxicity. From prolonged usage it may cause low serotonin syndrome and even permanent depression with heavy abuse. Don't get me wrong imho it certainly has some profound benefits but it is way too "easy" drug and thus very easy to get addicted to.

Unconditional love on M is something truly magical but unfortunately this drug comes with high consequences if used frequently.

Like all the best things in life come at a cost :) When using MDMA its always wise to supplement and follow a healthy diet/lifestyle at least 1-2 weeks before and after and preload/postload supplements mentioned here https://rollsafe.org/

Severe symptoms can happen yes but ultimately i do not believe in "permanent damage" unless one doses at dangerous levels every time because i have reversed many things with lifestyle changes and powerful herbs and correct belief system but it takes A LOT of time so yes i agree. Personally i do not recommend the use of MDMA more than 4 times a year and prefer other psychedelics for personal and spiritual growth but there is no harm in enjoying ourselves everyone in a while although when it stops working its a good indication to stop completely or at least for a very long time.

B R E A T H E

2 hours ago, John Lula said:

@Joseph Maynor Be very careful with the use of MDMA. Someone I knew died of accidental overdose (MDMA) a few months ago. And some years back, I did it myself and the trip went fine, but the months after this was a complete hell. Far from anything I had imagined hell to be like before trying this substance. I basically got a big package of mental illnesses: Panick attacks, depression (way worse than ordinary), depersonalisation, anxiety most of the time, very volatile bipolar, etc. Long story short, I recovered.

I am not sure why this happened, maybe this chemical messed with my overall brain chemistry. Maybe it was a lot of repressed stuff. Maybe the test of the substance failed. Anyhow, I wouldn't wish this kind of suffering on any human. Be careful, these substances can be very dangerous.

Yeah well said, make sure to get professional test kits, many people just use 1 test. I use a complete set of 4 different testers that gets down to the very substances. Also 2 weeks before hand i make sure i eat very healthy, load up on supplements and make a pre-roll smoothie beforehand to minimize any neurotoxicity. Set & setting play a big role too, when i used MDMA in my earlier years with friends it was nothing besides a really good high where you are in love and fearless but when i used it for spiritual purposes or with like minded people in a good set/setting, that's when the deeper psychedelic nature and deeper insights of the substance came out. This is a good link on how to prepare sessions and how to get the most out of it http://howtousepsychedelics.org/mdma/

Also no more than 4x a year if you don't wanna lose the magic/novelty of the experience. You can possibly get away with 6-8x if you have a very active and healthy, conscious diet/lifestyle and you apply your teachings well.

I have abused it in the past and believe i lost the magic of it myself, the only thing that works is stop altogether for a long time and naturally get yourself to a higher vibrational state via self work and spiritual practice. Like all psychedelics, once you get the message, hang up the phone or they backfire and also can dull and delude spiritual awareness.

This is a really good website on how to prepare and take care of yourself before and after use to minimize any damage or negative side effects.

https://rollsafe.org/start-here/

Personally out of many 30 times i have used in my life only about 5 times i have experienced negatives afterwards which was when either low quality/non-pure MDMA, unhealthy diet/lifestyle habits, mixed with alcohol or took way too much in one night.

MDMA is nice every once in a while especially for those who suffer from anxiety, PTSD or general fear of psychedelics since MDMA basically dissolves most if not all fear as more love is present and open, however it will never take you on levels of peace, love, bliss and oneness/understanding that you can reach with other "true" psychedelics like LSD, DMT, Shrooms ect.. can get you and you can use them much more often without having to worry about any physical damage although spiritual awareness can be effected and psychological factors can still mess you up if you don't do it respectfully.

Even Cannabis messes you up if you abuse it multiple times a week. Hope this helps, all the best.

B R E A T H E

I have taken a lot of of extasy in a rave setting. I dont really get that "love" vibe from it but whats mind blowing about it is how it lets you experience music on a whole new level, your body movies automatically, you become basically one with the music. Repetetive techno music is recommended, if you think you don't "get" techno you will after taking MDMa. Once I was depressed for weeks and I just thought I was realistic and thats how the world is. During my trip my thoughts basically turned 180 degrees, suddenly I saw everything in a positive light. I definitely took something away from that and it made me more aware of my depression, even though the happy thoughts ended when I came down. 

Never had any major insights or anything but I know it can open you up emotionally in a therapheutic setting. The effect of MDMA is one of a kind though, nothing I ever tried compares. I'm very curious what Leo would say about that substance.

As far as hangover goes its not nearly as bad as alcohol and 2 days later im 100% back to normal. I take moderate doses (maybe 150mg spread over the whole night) with about 6 weeks pause between. Its everytime as good as the first time for me. Never ever do it 2 days in a row, the depression will be much worse, learned that the hard way.

Edited by MM1988