h inandout

Egoless apologies

30 posts in this topic

"I'm sorry for my unconscious or unaware behavior in the past, thank you for showing me how ignorantly I was speaking.  Please forgive me."  Can this be said and received with a confident smile?

@h inandout happy new year! If you are speaking about me, I don’t even remember if you spoke anything ignorant towards me. I don’t hold any grudges because they are non-existant concepts in our minds which only waste our energies. I honestly don’t remember anything negative from you so no need for apologies. 

If you meant me. :) 

I feel the same way.  I apologize for my unaware behaviors of the past.  The Ego is a sneaky bastard.

I thought this was egoless apologizing haha.  That would never happen.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

My experience is that apologies trigger the same old pattern, probably because I'm still attached to being perceived as good, and still afraid that I won't be heard or seen for the concerns I may still be having.  I think I just need to make them clean clear and then move on completely to create space around it for a while.  @egoless yes, I believe you represent a lot of people, when they are having moments of clarity and when they feel safe.  Thank you for letting that old shit go!

I don't think there is any need to apologize for our ego's behavior. It's just a part of the life experience, just as overcoming it is (*should be). 

35 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

I don't think there is any need to apologize for our ego's behavior. It's just a part of the life experience, just as overcoming it is (*should be). 

I agree with you. But at the same time I think we should always be aware of our ignorance. I’m speaking generally here not specifically about anyone (first of all about myself). In my opinion the most loving way to communicate is to consider view points of all the involved parties including yourself. As you yourself is inseparable part of the oneness. but your view point should be equally as important as others’. ;) 

Edited by egoless

I don't apologize for my egoic behaviours of the past because only a ego deludes itself into thinking that it could've had a choice.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

5 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I don't apologize for my egoic behaviours of the past because only a ego deludes itself into thinking that it could've had a choice.

But that is dangerous one to tell to one who does not have the full realization yet. He might think that every unconscious action is “ok”. For example, someone may understand it as to go and steal everything because it is not his choice. However, with the full realization you recognize the inherent unconditional love in everything and from that love comes your actions. From the point of view (which is the only real point of view) of consciousness there is infinite degree of freedom. And from ego’s point of view the free will exists which is just a reflection of that freedom of consciousness.

@egoless, @see_on_see read my post again. You didn't get it. There is no ego and "you" have no choice. Doesn't matter what I say or what I know or don't know. As long as you argue for the existence of an ego, you are re-enforcing the belief that there really is an ego making a choice. Well, there isn't. As hard to swallow that is. Until you know this, contemplate this question: "Where do my decisions come from?". This'll fuck you up.

51 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

Sorry, but I had no choice :D

That is a belief too.  The idea that you have no choice is a belief.  What are you?  What is an idea?  What is the idea that you have no choice?  What is a belief?  I want you to give me answers to all these questions in your own words.  Don't worry about what you think you're supposed to say or what others will think about it.  Just record the answers that come out of you effortlessly and naturally.  Then we'll see what we have.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Outer said:

Azrael there is an ego and that's the character you're playing tbh. I mean if you say you don't have an ego, that's ego speaking. As mickey mouse have said roughly, "everyone's a fraud, the difference between the enlightened and unenlightened is the first knows the truth and that they're a fraud like everyone else"

Nope, you don't get it. The playing of anyone's character is no different from the growing of a tree. It's a relative, illusionary expression of the same no-thing.

Why aplogize if you wasn't aware of it and it wasn't your intention or had zero clue?

Enlightenment is the knowing that this is so. Notice, this doesn't nessacarily change how you act or behave.

It’s funny how the thread about apology and love turned into the thread of the great arguing! Congratulations guys! :) 

Edited by egoless

If you guys truly understood what non duality means you would recognize that there is no difference between the free will and no free will... tada! :D