How to be wise

Enlightenment and brain damage?

86 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Guys stop! Seriously.

You're arguing about enlightenment.

By doing that you are trying to take a shortcut. You're wasting your time. Life is short!

Just accept that you can only access it directly.

But don't believe in enlightenment. Don't disbelieve it either.

Just focus on raising you consciousness every day and see where this leads to.

Maybe you'll find enlightenment one day, maybe you won't.

But regardless of that you're overall well-being and inner peace will definitely improve.

So you have nothing to loose, but a lot to gain potentially.

Just do the practises and keep an open mind!

Well said. Fair enough...

Edited by egoless

I don't know about you guys but these kinds of discussions makes me really tired! It's very far from being <3

4 hours ago, egoless said:

@Nahm If the consciousness is not dependent on the brain how do you explain:

1) Someone can wake you up from the deep sleep.

2) You can't survive the extraction of the brain from your head. You become unconscious - Dead after your brain is severely damaged. Yes you have never experienced the death but at least you might have seen it first person with your own experience/perception.

3) Why don't your remember your earliest life when you were infant? There was some brain already but consciousness was not developed fully yet....

Moreover! the belief that consciousness is prior to matter and brain is necessary to the practice of self-inquiry and self-realization? If so then the whole thing is invalid; it is circular reasoning. Without this belief you would not even start practicing the self-inquiry..............................

@Leo Gura

Precisely, this is where I ended up as well.

That and the number of Gurus who love pussy and money despite realizing they are God and that this is all a hallucination etc etc etc Oh and no God powers but rumours of some guys swearing that they can meditate and walk through walls. 

So plus ca change, plus c'est pareil

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

4 hours ago, egoless said:

During my self inquiry I have discovered that I am the consciousness - the Knowledge - the experience. But it all can be generated by the brain. I could find nothing against that in my self inquiry... I could really be the brain... damn it! 

Hence the need the get rid of the brain! it can't stay because then enlightenment would not be enlightenment and we can't have that.  I

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

5 minutes ago, mp22 said:

Precisely, this is where I ended up as well.

That and the number of Gurus who love pussy and money despite realizing they are God and that this is all a hallucination etc etc etc Oh and no God powers but rumours of some guys swearing that they can meditate and walk through walls. 

So plus ca change, plus c'est pareil

Try to make a distinction between an idea of God / belief / thought, and what God / Nothing / Everything actaully is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 28/12/2017 at 5:55 AM, egoless said:

@AleksM So my main concern and unanswered question is - what is the proof that brain does not generate the consciousness? How do you know that consciousness is the energy and not the connection of brain neurons made out of matter?

What proof are you looking for?

From a materialist paradigm you could go on to say that things are made of atoms. Even though many experiments have been done and a model of the atom exists, at the end of the day the model is just a model. You have never seen an atom in your life. Even if a million experiments based on the model of the atom function in a way that is in line with the model it is still no proof that an atom exists (I'm not saying that you can't use the model of the atom for practical, every day experiments that yield useful results, I'm saying there is no concrete proof that an atom exists) It's just the best model we have now. 

(similar to how Newtonian physics works really well at an every day level but does not prove anything. As soon as we go to quantum physics or relativity, Newtonian physics breaks down).

For all we know, brains (the pink squishy stuff) could possibly exist as a material object. But there is no proof. 

Thus matter may not exist, and there is no proof that it does.

Even if you say atoms are made of quarks and quarks are made of etc........ etc. is made of strings you would not have experienced that directly. It would have been told to you.

Therefore you will not get any proof at all. The only truth you can get is direct experience. This is the most accurate reality for you. Direct experience trumps someone else's story of direct experience, or anything written in a textbook or anything you see on the TV or anything an authority tells you. This is why you won't get the truth from anyone on this forum. It will all just be ideas and conversations which are ultimately not it.

Edited by Cepzeu