faith

Is it wise to let things be or take control?

12 posts in this topic

Do you think that I should restrict myself from certain things in life, or is it healthier just to indulge and let things play out by themselves?

Thank you in advance 

It is wise to restrict yourself from waste of time. Instead use it to the fullest, the present moment is a beautiful thing. I would indulge in That. The outside world is a great tool for growth as well, but I myself don't indulge much in it. I don't have any interest in it anymore, nor do I need it. But for many it is vital, so yeah. 

If you see somthing as dangerous stay away

this is an intelligent response 

@faith Go and find out for yourself. Be that kid who puts his hands on the hot stove and burns himself. You learn through your own experiences not by others telling you what you should or shouldn't do. 

Ask the stoic this question and he will give you an answer. Ask the epicurean and he will give you an other answer. Now who is right and who is wrong? No one is going to answer that to a satisfactory degree for you since they are both just ideologies. They are values the ego wants to grab onto. And ego will never bring you the satisfaction of life you are looking for. Neither the epicurean nor the stoic will find ultimate happiness because they are attached, and attachment is fear the fear of annihilation. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

what is wise is just belief :P

restriction, acceptance, both are good, both can be bad too. 

Just work on raising your awareness and reality will clean itself up for you over time.

@faith you need to have some strategy to navigate the tough waters.  The only thing you can control is you so really work on yourself to develop yourself to maximize your experience in life. 

Imagine you're white water rafting, you're better off with a better protection to navigate the waters.  You're better of with a life jacket. Better yet: a raft. better yet:a paddle. Better yet: a speedboat .

Keep improving your vehicle to navigate the waters.  

Times will change for the better when you change.

When you don’t make the move you’ll tend to spiral downward. You become stagnant and unmotivated. When you keep showing up you feel highly motivated. When you’re standing still, you’re spiraling downward. You either go upward or downward — you don’t stay the same. 

i think it would be best to take control but with responsibility, there might be some disadvantage to let things be at least i don't recommend doing it too often