John Iverson

What will happen to the next generetion? Or what do you see generetion by generetion??

25 posts in this topic

What can you say?.. what humanity will become? Next next next next next next next generation? It is up to you how specific you like to share

It becomes how you choose to see it becoming ;)

B R E A T H E

The trend is for each new generation to become increasingly more detached from physical reality.  Yesterday's Facebook generation is today's Bitcoin generation.  The next generation will be relatively more abstract.  The "Matrix" is not far off.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:43 PM, jse said:

The trend is for each new generation to become increasingly more detached from physical reality.  Yesterday's Facebook generation is today's Bitcoin generation.  The next generation will be relatively more abstract.  The "Matrix" is not far off.

I like this answer, I'm wondering if out ot nowhere reality now become an illusion someday i know even our reality now is also an illusion , what if reality flips backwards or a reality we can't imagine that will happen.. happens,  what if reality goes not the way Hollywood movies portray?.. if we travel time in  the next 50 years haha maybe our reaction is , where the hell am i??!!!!!! What is this place, is this th earth? I think if will happen i guess that is one of realization that reality is an illusion right? Because it is changing the manner we cannot imagine ,and  control just beeeee... 

Edited by John Iverson

I don’t believe in reincarnation as of now. Not in the sense that it is commonly believed.  When I had my Ego-death experience, I was taken out of here and then came back, but that wasn’t really a reincarnation.  When I was in hyperspace I was just Being.   Whatever carnation there was dissipating like a breaking television set flickering in and out, although it didn’t happen fully.  It happened like 90% — enough for me to see the being behind the purported carnation.  But to believe in some cyclical kind of reincarnation is probably just the Mind trying to impress itself or to calm itself down.  We don’t know!  All we know is what we have experienced.   You gotta watch out for the insecure Mind which has a powerful need to know.  You gotta release that.  Awareness in the Now is all you have.  What doesn’t change is being.  All the content is in flux.  That’s what that experience taught me.  Believing in reincarnation is clinging too hard to the experience.  Being/awareness never ceases!  Reincarnation sounds like a trap to me.  Nothing ever dies!  It’s only when you cling to experience that the Mind conceives of death.  Death is being too beholden to the content of awareness rather than awareness itself.  Awareness itself never dies, although the content is always changing.  The Mind pretends that the content is what is real.  No, awareness/Being is what is real.  That’s a sneaky trap that the Mind plays on us.  But it seems so real!  Yeah? — that’s where psychedelics can really help you see this trap fully. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor maybe in your next life?

See, that sounds too speculative to me.  Why can’t we admit we don’t know what happens fully?  The Mind is addicted to knowing, and that’s why we neurotically cling to all these silly beliefs.  All we can do is be.  Whatever the Mind thinks is true is most probably false.  Thinking everything is cyclical is just a belief.  Don’t cling too hard to that.  That’s a trap.  Reincarnation is a piece of culture, an article of clothing, laid-up on top of awareness.  It’s like putting tennis shoes on and then thinking the shoes are part of the feet.  No — tennis shoes are a part of culture.  Beliefs like reincarnation are like that too.  Ideas are in the air, they have a history.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

See, that sounds too speculative to me.  Why can’t we admit we don’t know what happens fully?  The Mind is addicted to knowing, and that’s why we neurotically cling to all these silly beliefs.  All we can do is be.  Whatever the Mind thinks is true is most probably false.  Thinking everything is cyclical is just a belief.  Don’t cling too hard to that.  That’s a trap.  Reincarnation is a piece of culture, an article of clothing, laid-up on top of awareness.  It’s like putting tennis shoes on and then thinking the shoes are part of the feet.  No — tennis shoes are a part of culture.  Beliefs like reincarnation are like that too.  Ideas are in the air, they have a history.

Me too, for now I can't imagine nor know if reincarnation is true,. But try to think of it.. our DNA will be passed in our children.. our body will be passed in our children... all aspects because of our DNA or genes... so we are the consciousness, the formless and life.. so maybe that's reincarnation goes?? I don't know? If you think if it what are we? We are not the body.. we are he true self... so true self is one in all of us, we are one.. so the form becomes different., maybe memories will be gone and we will become someone because of passing  genes and since we are not the body and mind same consciousness but different form and characteristics :D

11 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

Virtual reality will f us up

My endgame plan is attain perfect Nirvana before VR hits so I can detachedly enjoy being a wizard in a simulation within a simulation without falling into slavery and endless addiction

Who's with me

It is possible to have you in that generation :D

Spiral Dynamics? surprised nobody mentioned that yet. Probably we would slowly grow more into green and yellow.

next gen will be softer and softer, more compassionate, more nice more loving etc etc BUT does it mean more conscious? not necessarily, not really, kids today addicted to entertainment, materialism, technology much more than ever before. materialism do not go away once you are not hungry, it stays, it might not be all about money but still its about some material values regarding self-image. this is big obstacle for humanity. oh we need messiah. 

On 12/18/2017 at 1:19 AM, Nahm said:

Someday, parents will not tell their kids the story of heaven and hell. 

I want this to happen haha

On 12/17/2017 at 11:51 PM, brovakhiin said:

Virtual reality will f us up

My endgame plan is attain perfect Nirvana before VR hits so I can detachedly enjoy being a wizard in a simulation within a simulation without falling into slavery and endless addiction

Who's with me

With psychedelics i'm with you Hahaahh

2 hours ago, Atic said:

Paradigm shift.

What kind of shift? What's in that lense :D

Future is now. The future stays the same or  gets only worse unless fundamental change of pattern takes place in consciousness or our “individual” everyday lives. If we are not aware of thought as a process then these problems of detachment, division, conflict in relationship, being local, national, political, religious, cultural and so on, then things will never get better and will inevitably get worse. Science, religion, political ideas, or any other form of outward imposition will not solve this problem of relationship. Any attempt to bring about order in society through self centered “the me and my security” thinking will only make things worse. 

It absurd that one would actually think that taking a drug could bring about such order. Such an idea has already disproved itself just amongst the general crowd in this forum. It’s an obvious prepetual mechanical movement of becoming which is a thought induced “self centered” activity that leads only to self deception. And it’s also self evident that taking psychodelics don’t bring about a fundamental transformation in conflict and relationship. People on this forum take them on what seems to be, by reading various posts, a regular basis and this seems to be nothing other than a habitual crutch to experience something different and out of the ordinary daily routine.  It’s apperent and so easily observable that the division in ourselves and in our everyday life is projected actually through the communication within this forum. People people constantly arguing to fuel there own self image and claiming absurdities to bring about a sense of respectability and righteousness in opposition to another. So it’s obvious that these drugs are not the answer. As long as this doesn’t change well everything will stay as it is or will only worsen. If we care about our own ambitions, projected attainments, and needs to become psychologically secure, there will be nothing but division, confusion, contradiction, and conflict. 

So the only way to bring about a change is obviously for us to change our own patterns of thought. Which means understand that very process as the self. There is no other way. Know one else can change you. If we all change oursleves then the society changes.

Reincarnation??

When we die others are born. And when they are born others die. In knowing there is no you and I, but that that only takes place in thought we see that you are as much as me as I am you. So this is an obvious fact that when I die I will come back in another life form or another, because life is life. So there are consequences for everything thing that we do now. So this goes along with the idea on reincarnation. What I do or don’t do now determines the outcome in “my” next life. If we continue in this petty, superficial, immature manner of self sentered action or non action, it’s only obvious that are next life as a me, I, or it, will suffer those consequences. So reincarnation in that sense seems totally obvious and not even debatable. So if we see that unless we bring about a revolution in our oursleves then life for any future being will ultimately be a experience of suffering. Question is do we want to do what’s necessary to create a better environment for oursleves/others? 

Thought is the very reason for this disorder and disfunction in the world. Can we become aware of its process which means can we become aware of the processes of the self?