Pure Imagination

2.5g Mushroom Trip: The Unfolding of the Fabric of Space Time

9 posts in this topic

This mushroom trip was one of the most profound experiences I have ever had. Lately I have been questioning how useful mushrooms are for consciousness work. I have figured that there are more useful psychedelics out there that are more direct (LSD, AL-LAD, DMT, 5-meo, etc). I was proven dead wrong. This trip was surprisingly clear - I have no doubt about anything I experienced. When I took this substance, I could feel how much history it has with humanity compared to more recent psychedelics. It became very clear to me from this experience how our physical and divine selves are two sides of the same coin of duality.

I took this 2.5 gram dose with a recent love interest of mine. Let's call her Jamie. She is deep into her Enlightenment journey - much more so than I am. I arrived at her apartment around 5:15pm. We talked for a little bit to get a feel for what our trip would be like. We both weighed out 2.5 grams of dried mushrooms and put both 2.5 doses into a sandwich - one for each of us. We consumed our sandwiches right at 6:00pm (I prefer starting on the hour when I can). Within 15 minutes we were already starting to feel the effects. This was a sign that this was going to be a very powerful experience because I typically begin feeling the effects of mushrooms around the 30-45 minute mark.

We were sitting on the couch listening to some classical music during the come up (the musicianship sounded euphoric to me), but around 45 minutes normal everyday tasks started to become very difficult. I wanted to turn off the music and journal what I was feeling, but I could not even figure out how to start a new page of notes on my computer. One hour in we were both beginning our journey into the universe. Neither of us could form coherent sentences at this point. Nothing was making sense. I started getting some very strange visuals unlike anything I have ever experienced. Colors were becoming more vibrant, and on top of that I began seeing stars in the corners of my visual field. I expectedly began feeling nauseous, but my head also started ringing intensely to the point where I thought I was going to pass out. My ego started to fade away at a very fast pace. I could no longer recall memories at this point. All I knew was I was in the same room as Jamie, but even that concept was evaporating quickly.

I started feeling claustrophobic on the couch so I decided that I could lay down on the carpet floor while Jamie could spread out on the couch. This did not help me. Jamie was very deep into the experience, almost saying random gibberish at this point. This freaked me out - I was afraid to lose my anchor to reality. I was still fighting for my ability to communicate. This resistance spun me into a literal hell. I was spiraling down into an intense anxiety while the room around me was turning a dark red color. I told Jamie that I was becoming very scared, and I ended up using the restroom hoping the change of scenery would snap me out of this negative experience. Doing this basic human activity of peeing helped anchor me in conventional reality, but I still felt stuck in this negative downward spiral. I eventually told Jamie that I needed to be alone to dive deeper into this experience. I was not in any mood to be talking to anyone at this point. She agreed and went upstairs while I laid down on the couch wrapped in this gorgeous red blanket with trippy patterns.

*** This is where things start to get good - around the 2 hour mark. I instantly felt relieved being alone. This helped me become more calm and really dive deep into the experience. No more music or people - this was raw uninterrupted reality. I became conscious of the fact that this reality I'm experiencing is a small piece of something much bigger than any of us can possibly imagine. Everything I experience is just one small shade of the totality of all experience. This insight was clear as day. It was like realizing that my limited perspective is typically seen as a small shade of paint on a gigantic canvas. However, the mushrooms gave me this zoomed out perspective that this small shade of paint that I typically experience is really part of a bigger, complete, and perfect painting. And that painting is a small aspect of an even bigger painting, resulting in an infinite strange loop :)

And then it hit me - I am God. I am the creator of all things. I created all of this so that my limited ego can have a human experience. This feeling is truly indescribable. I had "made it." I was Enlightened. There was absolutely no doubt about it. This was the ultimate truth. There was nothing more to know. I suddenly felt this surge of perfect compassion and love for all beings - both of this planet, all other planets, and all other dimensions. It became perfectly clear to me at this moment that our concept of physical reality is just one perspective. There are other dimensions that our typical egoic selves cannot come close to comprehending. Unless you have an experience like this.

I was then hit with a surge of love for this planet and humanity. It is so breathtakingly beautiful that we humans are all together living on this planet with one another. We are all perfect expressions of the universe. It breaks my heart that this insight isn't more widely known. If everyone felt this same love and compassion, there would be no more conflict in the world. We could all finally realize that we all belong to something far greater than all of us. Our egoic problems are ultimately irrelevant. We are all flying through space on a spec of dirt together inside this infinite universe. Why fight with each other? It is my passion that someday humanity as a whole can feel this same compassion that I was experiencing during this trip.

I ended up needing to use the bathroom again, so I did that. I laid back down on the couch - it was around the 4 hour mark. I started to feel guilty about wanting to be alone away from Jamie. I knew she wanted to share this experience with me. I was nervous to go back to her, but I knew I had the power to do so. I was God after all. Getting up to go upstairs was a struggle. There was a lot of resistance to leaving my solitude. This whole endeavor of trying to join her upstairs really showcased to me how resistance to everyday tasks cripples my productivity. Sometimes to manifest great things there will be some pushback from the shadow, and it can be very real and painful. But that is the responsibility of God - true courage.

I eventually joined her upstairs and we both shared our experiences during our comedown. It helped me that we could both form more coherent thoughts at this time. She seemed to have similar experiences that I had. Talking to her also helped me open myself up to the possibility of past lives and souls. I could see clearly that her soul has been here many times and is very old, whereas I feel like a much newer soul on this planet. I can't describe this feeling logically, it was purely felt after my conventional paradigm of reality was completely shattered. There is so much we don't know and are unaware of in our experience. Our practical minds help us navigate this physical reality, but that doesn't negate everything else the mind cannot explain. Just because something isn't useful to us doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I am typing this the day after this experience, and I am fully back down to baseline. My ego is back, and that honestly bums me out a little bit. But that's okay. I have seen aspects of reality that I can never unsee, and I remain a changed person after experiencing it. It is also abundantly clear to me that there is nowhere to run to. All of our emotions and feelings are part of a much bigger plan that we cannot possibly imagine. It is simply the shifting of energy, and our true nature is the one who contains this energy. Any time we feel negative emotions, it is actually just a pun that the universe is playing on itself. There is no one who is hurt. And me stating this isn't to downplay negative human experience. On the contrary, experiencing this helps you love your "negative" experience even more. There is just so much more to reality than our small perspective, and most people on Earth don't even have a clue about it! And that's okay. That is the divine will of our creator.

I hope you have a great week :)

Edited by Pure Imagination

20 minutes ago, Pure Imagination said:

I was afraid to lose my anchor to reality

THIS!

That, in one sentence, is the entire predicament of mankind.

-------

Sounds like the perfect trip there.

P.S. Next time, don't put mushrooms into a sandwich. Eat on an empty stomach with orange juice. The trip will go better without putting that sandwich poison into your body. If you are hungry, you can eat half a banana 60 minutes prior to trip.

If you eat junk food on psychedelics, like a bread sandwich, don't be surprised to get punished for it. Eat clean foods like fruits or some smoked salmon a few hours into the trip.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo is dead right on that even the smallest substance can amplify and reshape the whole trip.

B R E A T H E

beautiful trip report. thx.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

14 hours ago, Pure Imagination said:

I have seen aspects of reality that I can never unsee, and I remain a changed person after experiencing it.

this. <3 I felt the exact thing on my last trip. I knew that it would change, that I would 'go back to baseline'. it made me sad for a moment. then I got that very strong feeling, like a certainty that something in me changed. a truth that cannot be unseen. <3

thank you for the wonderful report, amazing!

whatever arises, love that

Awesome! 

I myself can't talk when I am tripping. I think I only did that once with a baby. It was amazing! 

Maybe next time both of you can take ayahuasca separately. What do you think? This "need" to be with the other person when you are tripping must be very annoying. 

The psychedelic process is very very selfish. Ordinary conversations won't help you when you are diving deep into the rabit hole haha. 

Good job! :D

Wonderful story, and so eloquently written ... Thanks for sharing. This deeply resonates with some rare non-psychedelic experiences I've had, but are almost impossible to put into words. I am constantly amazed that the mainstream scientific paradigm dismisses such profound experience -- or even ordinary waking experience -- as just the epiphenomenon of brain activity, an explanation that somehow seems woefully inadequate. But perhaps that paradigm is finally beginning to be seriously questioned, and other valid experiments and explanations are now being explored, that may finally help lift the taboo against such experiences, and their benefits, beyond just entertainment value -- thanks to all you serious psychonauts.

Apologies if this is not apropos here, but I posted this link to a Scientific American article by Bernardo Kastrup, about the neural correlates of transcendent states, in another thread that somehow got lost, and it's a topic that may have already been previously discussed here, but it may provide some useful insight into the notion that all experience -- consensus waking reality, dreams, psychedelic, hallucinatory, NDEs, transcendent states, whatever -- are all just an epiphenomenon of brain activity. if, as the article suggests, that is not the case, then what is the source of that experience?  I have little experience with psychedelics, except for some mescaline many years ago, so I don't claim any expertise on that specific kind of experience.

Note: I do not condone or condemn any activities mentioned in the article, and expect that you're all adults that would use appropriate discernment and precaution before trying anything potentially damaging.