The White Belt

Is the devil the ego?

20 posts in this topic

And is hell; experience as experienced as the separate self?

Is this what religion is pointing to? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Yes.  The Devil is the Ego.  Hell is living within the Egoic Paradigm.  Religion is just Spirituality expressed within the Egoic Paradigm.  God is high-consciousness or keen-awareness. Heaven is the happiness and peace caused by being God.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yikes! 
I suspected so. 

What did I do?! :S

Forgive me father, for I have sinned :P

Well, even though I have suspected so, and you agree, I won't be too hasty. 

It is still to be further realised, if it is true. 

Thanks @Joseph Maynor

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Hell isnt the ego .. hell is not knowing the ego is a reality in process. 

Ego is a tool.. when it becomes our master we suffer the consequences “hell” 

Ego is like a chainsaw, very useful but when used carelessly very destructive 

Its like saying knowledge is hell. Knowledge   has its place but when we are slaves to it then   Hell awaits us 

Hell is a place where the pain is continuous. It doesn't have to be egoic pain, it can be continuous excruciating physical pain.

Even if you are enlightened you will suffer, because this is not self created pain that turns into suffering, no. Continuous pain is suffering, and even if you are enlightened and don't create psychological pain on top, you would still suffer - be in hell, while you're in hell.

You think a state can be reached in which someone plucking out your nails, teeth and eyeballs will not cause you suffering / hell?

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

Hell isnt the ego .. hell is not knowing the ego is a reality in process. 

Ego is a tool.. when it becomes our master we suffer the consequences “hell” 

Ego is like a chainsaw, very useful but when used carelessly very destructive 

Its like saying knowledge is hell. Knowledge   has its place but when we are slaves to it then   Hell awaits us 

There is no you that uses the Ego.  That’s a thought-story, and all thought-stories are false.  What is the Ego?  Does the Ego exist?  If it doesn’t exist, what are we talking about when we use the language “the Ego”?  All nice stuff to contemplate.  Don’t take anything for granted in this work.  You think you found the right answer — but you’re gonna find out sooner or later that you don’t have it because there is no conceptual right-answer.  It’s all technically wrong.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I just challenged the notion in myself that the devil is bad. It just is. So-called religious people only think in black and white which is why they see the devil as the worst, most evil entity there is. If the devil is in fact the ego, then we can say yes, the ego is tricky, frustrating, confused, and takes us round in circles, but not the absolute opposite to all that is good. 

― Shunryu Suzuki

The suffering is rooted in the misunderstanding of what perceives and what is perceived. Separation is hell. I am within the mirror, not in the mirror. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@The White Belt religion is a self improvement gathering, without the self improvement. A tea party with no tea. Someone realizes we are all the light & the love...great...he must be the chosen one. Let’s worship him. 

50A65E98-0959-484B-86E0-12E523A845D5.jpeg

@Nahm Hahahahaha. Poor misunderstood Jesus. You tried bro. 

― Shunryu Suzuki

@maynor 

Lol Yes I know ego is a self image, story, self made concept created by thought. Do u ever listen to anything I write lol. Ego the me is a thought fragment formed by the dualistic nature of thought. 

Please don’t try and play guru with me 

By the way self inquiry is not work it’s a way of life.

I don’t remember where I heard this but it seems like a good time to say it

The goody-goddies are the thieves of virtue 

Edited by Faceless

Ego is a reality in it’s process meaning the movment or idea of the false self is a process taking place whether it’s true or not. It’s a movment within thought.

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yes.  The Devil is the Ego.  Hell is living within the Egoic Paradigm.  Religion is just Spirituality expressed within the Egoic Paradigm.  God is high-consciousness or keen-awareness. Heaven is the happiness and peace caused by being God.

I find your use of thought concepts on this quite facepalmy....

Edited by SOUL

@The White Belt Hell assumes duality. In non-dual awareness, there is just No-thing-ness/God.

And I liked Joseph's definition of religion

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Religion is just Spirituality expressed within the Egoic Paradigm.

I used to worship the idea of Jesus and all this Christmas commotion is bringing bitter-sweet memories back. So good to be free of that.

What we call demons exist, I have experienced that fact. But is the ego the devil? First we have to ask what precicely is the ego? There is no easy answer to that.

@The White Belt “you tried bro”. Omg, that’s very funny. 

@Highest  I respect that is a personal comment, you really peeked my interest....I used to work with a guy who swore he visually saw demons everywhere his entire life. I am thinking that the ‘we all create our own reality’ probably does not sit well with you. If you are interested in elaborating, I am interested in listening. 

34 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@The White Belt “you tried bro”. Omg, that’s very funny. 

@Highest  I respect that is a personal comment, you really peeked my interest....I used to work with a guy who swore he visually saw demons everywhere his entire life. I am thinking that the ‘we all create our own reality’ probably does not sit well with you. If you are interested in elaborating, I am interested in listening. 

34 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Is it really any ''we'', aren't we reality itself? We may create our own reality on the mind level, but where does the mind come from? Do we produce it? I could eloborate on my experience with this demon but there is need to. Language cannot do it justice, it just creates a story which I have no interest in writing. Sorry 

28 minutes ago, Highest said:

but where does the mind come from?

From the collective ego-mind

10 hours ago, Natasha said:

From the collective ego-mind

That's a bold statement you're claiming.

I will need 3 recent studies (no hippie ones plz), 1 personal quote from a popular scientist (don't say Martin Ball, he's clearly a junkie) and 2 eggs on the grill (+beacon ofc).

Don't take too much time to answer, I'm like super important, I have stuff to do you know, like jerking off and yelling to my dog because he barks (what a stupid dog ...).

@Natasha 

Vw0HV8h.png

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Shin said:

That's a bold statement you're claiming.

I will need 3 recent studies (no hippie ones plz), 1 personal quote from a popular scientist (don't say Martin Ball, he's clearly a junkie) and 2 eggs on the grill (+beacon ofc).

Don't take too much time to answer, I'm like super important, I have stuff to do you know, like jerking off and yelling to my dog because he barks (what a stupid dog ...).

Where else do you think the content of your thoughts comes from.. the pink blob of fat we call brain? ;)

Edited by Natasha