ill

Are We Here Only To Pass The Genes?

20 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been having a really difficult time lately. I think the problem was forming through years and I have no idea how to resolve it. I rate my worthiness on my attractiveness, on the approval I get from women. Why? For many years I have been interested in science, evolution, biology. I came to the conclusion that the purpose of our existence is to reproduce, pass the genes etc. An entity that is unattractive, has "bad" genes is simply speaking worthless. It backfired as I am currently having depression, anxiety and severe insomnia from the constant fear that I may somewhat lose the approval I get from women. What can I do to change it? I can't stop believing that reproduction is not the sense of life or organisms because I frankly believe it is... But how can I stop tying people's worth to their "sexual market value" as it called in some pick-up forums. People less attractive than me are inferior and someone more attractive than me is superior. I see that it is immoral (I found out that I consider sterile and gay people less worthy) and destroys my life but I can't start pretending I don't believe it. Our life is simply preparation to reproduction, then looking after the offspring and finally dying. What about people who don't want children? Are their lifes useless? I hope to hear some convincing replies so that maybe I will be able to change my beliefs. I would love to believe that everyone has got the same worth... but I need evidence. 

A perspective to look at yourself indeeed is as an outcome of a genetic algorithm. You are iteration #5,192,172,182,421. In terrms of that system your worth or your value is determined only by your capability to reproduce. As a self-actualizing person your goal or one out of many is freeing yourself from the shackles of your genetic serfdom. Don't be a slave to your genes and start acting in your own self interest.

Society of course doesn't want you to do that, so it will stigmatize your behavior and you will end up believing the story it's telling you (like you have already stated in your post).  But it itself it just an outcome or rather an emergent property of said algorithm. Try to understand now what some years down the road will be obvious to you: It doesn't matter, be yourself and stay on the journey of self-actualization.

Edited by DnoReally

That's one reason. The other is to die and continue your evolution, your existence. No matter how much we pass our genes, no matter how many generations comes after us, ultimately nothing stays and we shall perish. Only the soul shall live on eternally, that's truth, that's existence. That's intelligence. This world means little. We try to survive, we try to prosper, but the physical will collapse, the universe cannot sustain life forever.

So ultimately, it doesn't matter. 

Let's say a kindergarten employee decides not to reproduse, is she useless for the betterment of the human race? no because she improvements the life of others increasing theirs likelihood of survival and for others to reproduce.

Edited by Spiral

@Spiral I get this one, it is simmilar to the example of bees. They spend their life working so that the queen may reproduce. 

@ill I did not know that. Either way you're not just going to lose your attractiveness. Girls like older men, so you are fine.

What happens if you would reproduce do you think you would feel better? when you have "done your duty"

Donate sperm!

@Spiral I think I would feel better but I wouldn't like to procreate just to resolve my own problem. Plus, I would probably push the same expectations on the child. And I am too young in my opinion to be a mature parent.

Not to be rude or disrespectful, but take some pshychedelics to find the evidence. And someone to guide you.

I sense that you have a lot of worries about yourself, others and the world. Your whole reality and belief system need to be turned upside down to find your answers. Just a couple of opinions won't really shake your way of thinking. This goes way deeper.

You need a huge MINDBLOW my friend! You don't even fucking excist!

And yes, it will be hard. Facing your fears head-on is your best solution.

<3

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking 

@ill The boundary your mind has erected between yourself and all the other species of nature is a conceptual fabrication.

Everything affects and causes everything else. When you realize this, your genes will become irrelevant.

The kind of evolutionary thinking you espouse is just a virus of the mind, no different than fundamentalist Islam or Evangelicalism. It's a misunderstanding of evolution.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@ill what is this "worth", fundamentally speaking?

what is the nature of "worth"?

unborn Truth

@ajasatya

I suppose that the more worth someone has, the more deserving of the existence he is. I am not sure though because I am not totally conscious of it, just feel the fear of being worse than others.

1 hour ago, ill said:

I suppose that the more worth someone has, the more deserving of the existence he is.

you did not answer my question. i am asking you what is the nature of "worth".

if you ask me what is the nature of my nails i will say "keratin".

so, what is "worth" made of? is it real or imaginary?

unborn Truth

19 hours ago, ill said:

What can I do to change it? I can't stop believing that reproduction is not the sense of life or organisms because I frankly believe it is

No one is telling you to just stop believing it. That's impossible.

What we're trying to do is explain to you that there's another paradigm. Another way of viewing the world.

20 hours ago, ill said:

I would love to believe that everyone has got the same worth... but I need evidence. 

No, what you need is to GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD.

If you don't do meditation, you need to now.

You're not god damn robot. Your challenge is to go do something in the next 72 hours that will bring you to tears of joy. I don't care how you do it, just do it.

We're here to grok the subtle distinction between Mind and reality, and to explore reality fully.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@ajasatya I don't really know. I just always felt I was lacking it. I felt worse than others.

@Nahm That is very interesting. I heard about it before but didn't do a bigger research. It made a little shift in my thinking :) 

@ill i love when that happens. If you’re interested, YouTube quantum erasure and watch a few short videos. It might help you flip your evolution paradigm. Love when that happens too!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE