Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin

Blue Light Blocking Glasses

15 posts in this topic

I was watching one of Leo's video's and I noticed that my attention was getting weak, so i intuitively remembered to turn my flux software more toward the orange and put and my blue light blocking glasses, and my attention became very lucid and easy. Common knowledge to some, but  not common practice for me. Remember that blue light can stress the brain and eyes and put unnecessary strain on your attention. Some blue light is healthy, but too much is not.

It was a neat discovery for me. Hope it helps someone.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Investing in some blue light glasses has been one of the most cheap, effortless health hacks for me to improve tf out of the quality of my sleep, and thus my life. When the sun goes down, the glasses go on. I get to sleep faster, and the quality of my sleep is dramatically improved. 

Additonally, it's extremely important to get a healthy amount of blue light during the day by getting outside (where it's 1000s of times brighter than indoors) and getting some sunlight on your skin and in your eyes. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

There's a massive difference between staring at bright screens or lamps before bed vs blocking it out with glasses beforehand. My REM sleep and deep sleep have improved tremendously on those days where I wear my Swannies after sunset already

I think it's a worthwhile investment for your health, productivity and sleep

I'm using the Swanwick Swannies and they're quite stylish, which makes them great to wear at other places than just your home as well.

https://www.swanwicksleep.com/?rfsn=790293.85a4c

DSC08159_grande.jpg?resize=300,200 

Recommended

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

@Siim Land @InfinitePotential  Yeah, I wake up in a better mood when I use the glasses at night. There is scientific research to back this up. I Also use them during the day when doing computer work. It makes a big difference .

I could use a better quality pair though as the cheap ones i have muddy my vision a bit. Probably discouraging my use of them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

On 11/18/2017 at 5:39 AM, Siim Land said:

There's a massive difference between staring at bright screens or lamps before bed vs blocking it out with glasses beforehand. My REM sleep and deep sleep have improved tremendously on those days where I wear my Swannies after sunset already

I think it's a worthwhile investment for your health, productivity and sleep

I'm using the Swanwick Swannies and they're quite stylish, which makes them great to wear at other places than just your home as well.

https://www.swanwicksleep.com/?rfsn=790293.85a4c

DSC08159_grande.jpg?resize=300,200 

Recommended

Yo Siim. Great to see you here! Any difference between these and Dave's from Biohacked.com? I've got Daves and loving them so far, although I've found exercise and a sleeping routine itself to be more important than using glasses.

@ColinI have to wear rose tint for my brain injury, and now I have the blue block too...I found they gave me headaches at first...I started getting used to them but I prefer my natural vision so much that it's hard to consciously decide to wear them....but thanks for the reminder...if it really does those things, that would be worth it for me :x

Has anyone here noticed a correlation of the glasses and lucid dreams? I got me some swanwick glasses and had like 2-3 lucid dreams in one week (there could have been other reason though).

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Has anyone here noticed a correlation of the glasses and lucid dreams? I got me some swanwick glasses and had like 2-3 lucid dreams in one week (there could have been other reason though).

@Toby Yes, when I first started wearing them, I would notice a pattern of having intensely realistic dreams and I would wake up surprised that what I had experienced wasn't real.

@Siim Land

7 hours ago, Siim Land said:

You get more REM sleep because of elevated melatonin. REM is where all dreaming happens. I'm using the OURA ring to track my sleep and I'm always having more vivid dreams and semi-lucidity when my REM score is higher

Ah I remember hearing about oura rings. Nice to know thanks for sharing.

It's 9:40pm where I am and was lightly debating whether to put my blue light glasses on before. So your thread has just convinced me lol.

If you want to check how efficient your glasses are... there's a test on this site here 

https://blueblockglasses.com/blogs/news/36521601-how-effective-is-your-blue-light-filter-test-your-glasses-with-this-graphic

It should work exactly as the test says. I tried a pair of orange safety glasses originally and they didn't block out much blue light going by this test. I then bought a cheap $10 set of Uvex orange glasses from Amazon and they passed the test perfectly

@mitch311 Yeah uvex are proven to block almost 100 percent of blue light, that is what I use. They were 5 dollars not too long ago. I think the lens could be a little clearer, but they are 10 dollars and swannies are like 70. Uvex are a great starting point for sure.

Edited by Colin

I noticed when i was a child i would have the most wonderful/colorful dreams and many lucid dreams and even some astral projection were all normal too me and i was asleep roughly by 7-9pm usually after a chamomile tea with raw honey and lemon mum made for me every night. I was a very intelligent child i could remember everything, and i mean everything i was basically my parents Navigation through life.

At those times i spent 80-90% of my day outside playing in nature out in the sun too so that also played a role in optimal development and production of seratonin/melatonin ect.. Soon as i started the TV, Computer and screens and more time i spent inside under artificial lighting i started to notice dreams diminish less colors, less lucids, more nightmares, more shadow-greyed out dreams and anxiety/depression, self doubt, phobias and other syndromes arose in my life.

Only when i really started to take care of my body/mind/spirit again and had a spiritual awakening 15-20 years later was when everything started coming back but never to the level to when i was a child besides the first few months of my most enlightened state.

Flux is okay but these work much better https://www.blublocker.com/ You can also purchase them from Amazon for international buyers. My mum loves hers too the world looks like its sunset 24/7 very calming sensation wearing them and objects look slightly clearer as there is less strain so focus is more effortless.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E