Leo Gura

Don't Ask Other People What Your Life Purpose Should Be!

12 posts in this topic

I know it's tempting, but you're shooting yourself in the foot here.

NEVER ask someone to help you choose your life purpose. They are not you! They have zero access to your deepest desires, yearnings, and intuitions. They cannot help you at all in this.

The whole point is that you have to do some deep soul-searching, connect with what you really want out of life. You cannot do that by asking someone else: "Hey, should I become a farmer or a scientist? What are the pros and cons of each? Which one will earn me more money? Which one is more realistic?" NO!!! That is not life purpose. That's just you choosing the path of least resistance, lazily selecting the lesser of two evils.

The whole point of life purpose is to connect what you want most, with what you'll be doing in your life.

If you don't know what you want, that's okay, but sit down and actually contemplate. Don't come here asking us what you want.

If you're posting for advice about finding your LP, you should start by posting us a long list of your deepest desires, and things you find most meaningful about life, and how you envision transforming the world. Then maybe some good advice can be given to you.

NEVER ask another person, "Hey, I think my life purpose is to become a chef. What do you think about that? Good? You think it will work out?"

No! No! No! A person who's found his passion doesn't think like that. He/she knows what he/she wants. The only hesitation is how to make it happen.

When you connect with your life purpose for real, you should be here screaming at the top of your lungs, "I don't give a fuck what any of ya'll think, I'm becoming the best damn chef in the world because that's my God-given mission in this life, and I won't let anyone stop me! Now give me all the advice and techniques you know for how to do it. I don't care how difficult the technique is, I will master it if it helps me reach my goal. And if you don't have any techniques to give me, I will find them myself anyway! And if no techniques exist, I will invent my own."

You don't ask people what you're passionate about, you tell them. You tell them not like a sheep, but like a roaring lion. To become a roaring lion, you must get clear with yourself what's important to you in this life. What is worth dying for? And if you think there's nothing worth dying for, WAKE THE FUCK UP!!! Look around you! You're inside an actual, infinite living-breathing miracle! The problem isn't that there's too little interesting stuff to do, but too much! Everything is infinitely interesting.

And don't confuse life purpose with a business project or a money-making scheme or a way to pay your bills.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You say: "NEVER ask someone to help you choose your life purpose. They are not you! They have zero access to your deepest desires, yearnings, and intuitions. They cannot help you at all in this."

One's actual life purpose development is deeply involved with reinforcing others' life purposes.

"Deeply involved" means that one's actual life purpose development is done right from the non-dual substance (the simplest state of being) of any given life phenomenon, which spontaneously enables it to become an harmonious factor among others' life purposes.

By practicing meditation that actually enables one to be aware of the simplest state of being (which is beyond thoughts, purposes etc.) without losing it during thoughts, purposes etc.,  one actually opens doors of ever increased creative diversity, whether it is expressed physically, metaphysically or whatever.

You say: "You don't ask people what you're passionate about, you tell them. You tell them not like a sheep, but like a roaring lion."

A "roaring lion" is emerged right from the silence of the simplest state of being, without losing it during roaring its purpose.    

Edited by doronshadmi

I don't give a fuck what any of ya'll think, I'm becoming the best damn Documentary/Informational Film Maker in the world because that's my God-given mission in this life, and I won't let anyone stop me! Now give me all the advice and techniques you know for how to do it. I don't care how difficult the technique is, I will master it if it helps me reach my goal. And if you don't have any techniques to give me, I will find them myself anyway! And if no techniques exist, I will invent my own.

@Leo Gura Would you mind pinning this topic? I'm not sure what the featured option does, but if it's not pinned I might forget about these points with my comments even if I favorite the link. Thanks.

@see_on_see A bunch of stuff inspires me, but none of that inspiration last, I get bored super fast with everything

Our problem who asks advice in finding life purpose is we don't really know what we like to do the most. I am not sure about the others but as I said I have very inconsistent passions for different fields and careers. How do I stay consistent then? Everything is not as straightforward as you say...

On 11/8/2017 at 6:47 PM, dude said:

I don't give a fuck what any of ya'll think, I'm becoming the best damn Documentary/Informational Film Maker in the world because that's my God-given mission in this life, and I won't let anyone stop me! Now give me all the advice and techniques you know for how to do it. I don't care how difficult the technique is, I will master it if it helps me reach my goal. And if you don't have any techniques to give me, I will find them myself anyway! And if no techniques exist, I will invent my own.

film mini documentary on whatever topic interests you! 

Just now, dude said:

@egoless HEY! That was what I was thinking! How did u do that?

My life purpose is reading people's minds! 

@Ilya stop dabbling

On 11/15/2017 at 4:14 AM, Ilya said:

@see_on_see A bunch of stuff inspires me, but none of that inspiration last, I get bored super fast with everything

On 11/7/2017 at 9:37 PM, Leo Gura said:

"I don't give a fuck what any of ya'll think, I'm becoming the best damn chef in the world because that's my God-given mission in this life, and I won't let anyone stop me!

is this identity/ego? if not, why not?