egoless

Diet For Consciousness Work

179 posts in this topic

In this topic I want to discuss which diet could be the best for consciousness work and overall health. We are what we eat - at least quality of our life greatly depends on our diet. In older videos Leo mentioned that he is leaning towards more vegetarian diet. what do you think about dairy products and eggs? I wonder if vegan diet is healthier. I have tried to become vegan several times but it seems like it does not work quite well for me. I felt exhausted and tired. Also let us discuss other diets like ketogenic and low carb diets. Intermittent fasting benefits. Mention your experience. I think everyone is different and our bodies respond differently to different types of diets.

Also mention specific foods or supplement on which you observed the strengthening of your meditation practice. For example, I have read that  L-Theanine may be used to calm you down and enhance focus.

Edited by egoless

Classic yogi diets are highly recommended for clarity of mind. Which means:

• No animal protein
  • No dairy
  • No sugar
  • No onion, no garlic, no potatoes, no tomatoes, no hot peppers
  • No wheat
  • No boxed or processed foods
  • No caffeine, no alcohol, no stimulants
  • As much raw, uncooked food as possible
  • As much organic as possible

It's NOT an easy diet to maintain long-term in our society. You will be hungry a lot and it will cost you about double or triple what the SAD diet costs.

If you're gonna eat animal protein, fish is best, then pasture-raised eggs, and lastly pasture-raised meat.

The upside is that your clarity of mind will skyrocket! A lot energy is wasted on digesting the wrong foods.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I want to gain muscle. The only way of eating I’ve ever really used is 2 sandwiches in the morning, 6 in the afternoon and 2 sandwiches + fruit later in the afternoon. 

What could I replace bread with? It’s something so ingrained in my culture to eat sandwiches throughout the day. Gain muscle but at the same time eat clean so that I can have a clear mind for consciouness work. Is this possible?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Drop your desire to gain muscle. Nature gave you exactly as much muscle as you need.

I haven't eaten wheat for years. You replace it with fruits and veggies and eating less calories overall.

Rice is a good source of calories. Or even potatoes are far superior to bread. Or bananas.

@Leo Gura Yes I guess it’s because I got picked on when I was young because I’m quite skinny. There is just a desire to look ‘good’. I know this desire is egoic but it’s still there

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V I understand. I'm fairly tall and skinny too. Learn to love the skinny look. Human bodies are designed by nature to be lean and efficient, not beefy like a hog on steroids. African warriors are lean, not beefy.

Note that most ripped men and celebrities use steroids to look that way. The entire bodybuilding culture is basically built on steroids. The whole thing is a ridiculous lie perpetuating a vicious cycle of low consciousness.

Being skinny is not going to get you any less girls. Girls care about your personality more.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Classic yogi diets are highly recommended for clarity of mind. Which means:

• No animal protein
  • No dairy
  • No sugar
  • No onion, no garlic, no potatoes, no tomatoes, no hot peppers
  • No wheat
  • No boxed or processed foods
  • No caffeine, no alcohol, no stimulants
  • As much raw, uncooked food as possible
  • As much organic as possible

It's NOT an easy diet to maintain long-term in our society. You will be hungry a lot and it will cost you about double or triple what the SAD diet costs.

If you're gonna eat animal protein, fish is best, then pasture-raised eggs, and lastly pasture-raised meat.

The upside is that your clarity of mind will skyrocket! A lot energy is wasted on digesting the wrong foods.

So basically what's left is fruits. It will definitely not withstand daily schedule of our modern fast paced chaotic lives unfortunately. There is huge controversy on the eggs. Some doctors say eggs are one of the healthiest foods and source of protein. I observed that to be true. I eat 2-3 eggs almost every day and I feel more energy throughout the day. Also what do you think about oatmeal? What is the best substitute for milk - coconut or almond milk?

@egoless Depends on what kind of vegan diet you mean. You could have a vegan diet consisting of potato chips and beer. That would obviously not be healthy, but a diet consisting of whole plant foods like rice, potatoes, green leafy vegetables etc etc would be.

@Max_V There are many vegan athletes and muscle builders. Look them up on youtube.

2 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@egoless Depends on what kind of vegan diet you mean. You could have a vegan diet consisting of potato chips and beer. That would obviously not be healthy, but a diet consisting of whole plant foods like rice, potatoes, green leafy vegetables etc etc would be.

@Max_V There are many vegan athletes and muscle builders. Look them up on youtube.

I tried twice raw food vegan diet but I became very weak. I think some body types just naturally need animal protein. That's why I eat 2-3 eggs daily in the morning.

@egoless Animal protein comes from plants. 

Have you tried a non raw vegan with alot of rice potatoes and pasta? You need alot of carbohydrates on a vegan diet.

@egoless Vegan is definitely healthier but only if you do it slow. Don't give up meat right away. Start slowly removing animal products from your diet and introducing more fruit and vegetables every day. If you do it very fast you might feel week and tired. It's because your body is still used to getting vitamins and minerals from meat so it needs some time to adjust to plant foods.

Many people feel very good for a few weeks after going vegan, but then, they feel weak. It's because the body hasn't learned how to absorb nutrients from plants yet and used all its storage.

The only thing I would advice is to ditch dairy right away. There is just nothing good about it except maybe super organic raw milk which is hard to find nowadays. There are many vegan milks on the market. It all depends on what you like, I personally like almond.

Edited by Be Yourself

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

5 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@egoless Animal protein comes from plants. 

Have you tried a non raw vegan with alot of rice potatoes and pasta? You need alot of carbohydrates on a vegan diet.

yes I tried that too. But my energy levels were very inconsistent. I had to eat almost twice as more than my regular previous diet. And it was highly unmaintainable.

1 hour ago, Max_V said:

What could I replace bread with? It’s something so ingrained in my culture to eat sandwiches throughout the day. Gain muscle but at the same time eat clean so that I can have a clear mind for consciouness work. Is this possible?

I replace bread with rice crisps or you can bake your own buckwheat/corn bread. There are many recipes online.

2 minutes ago, Be Yourself said:

@egoless Vegan is definitely healthier but only if you do it slow. Don't give up meat right away. Start slowly removing animal products from your diet and introducing more fruit and vegetables every day. If you do it very fast you might feel week and tired. It's because your body is still used to getting vitamins and minerals from meat so it needs some time to adjust to plant foods.

Many people feel very good for a few weeks after going vegan, but then, they feel weak. It's because the body hasn't learned how to absorb nutrients from plants yet.

The only thing I would advice is to ditch dairy right away. There is just nothing good about it except maybe super organic raw milk which is hard to find nowadays. There are many vegan milks on the market. It all depends on what you like, I personally like almond.

But why milk is so notorious. I thought it was high in calcium and proteins yet it may be high in fat but who said that fat is bad for us. Cholesterol is building block of male sexual hormones. And new studies show that our liver adjusts secretion of cholesterol according to how much we take from the food source. What about eggs? eggs contain all the vitamins and egg white is the healthiest protein with all amino acids.

@egoless No, what's left is veggies. The ideal diet is high in fresh veggies.

Coconut and almond milk are great.

I got nothing against eggs. I love them and think they are healthy as long as they are organic pasture-raised ones. They are pretty easy to digest in my experience.

You shouldn't try to immediately change to the perfect diet, but rather gradually evolve your current diet into a healthy one. This takes years. So you need intermediate alternatives like perhaps eggs or fish.

Start by eliminating the very worst foods, like all wheat products, all processed foods, all dairy, all candy, all soda, all caffeine. That will take you a few years to accomplish.

1 minute ago, egoless said:

yes I tried that too. But my energy levels were very inconsistent. I had to eat almost twice as more than my regular previous diet. And it was highly unmaintainable.

Yeah you sure need to eat lots and lots. I think it takes some time getting used to and for the body to adapt to it. On the upside it's more healthy than a meat and dairy diet.

@egoless Dairy is pasturized and corn-fed and very artificial. It's not fresh raw organic gress-fed unpasturized milk like your grandma drank.

Dairy is the leading cause of acne. After eliminating dairy, 95% of my acne vanished! I avoid it like the plague now.

1 minute ago, egoless said:

But why milk is so notorious. I thought it was high in calcium and proteins yet it may be high in fat but who said that fat is bad for us. Cholesterol is building block of male sexual hormones. And new studies show that our liver adjusts secretion of cholesterol according to how much we take from the food source. What about eggs? eggs contain all the vitamins and egg white is the healthiest protein with all amino acids.

Milk is full of hormones, antibiotics, and puss. It's not the best source of calcium at all, it actually makes your body to remove calcium from the bones. Look it up. 

Fat is not bad for you at all but there are different types of fats. The best ones are avocados, nuts, seeds, coconuts.

Yes, eggs are very nutritious and it's the best to eat them while transitioning to more plants, but then, you can get all the proteins and amino acids from plants too without making your body to filter all the animal stuff.

@Leo Gura Which fish do you find the healthiest? As I know there is mercury in some which we need to be aware of.

Nice. I will try to avoid dairy from now on!

@WelcometoReality  Yeah but because of my job schedule I could not manage to eat so much and prepare so much. Now I am student but it's even worse :D