eduardo ceccarelli

Anesthesia

10 posts in this topic

I had to make a surgery and so I was submited to anesthesia, and felt like an enlightnment experience according to Leo's description. Is that possible? When I came back from the effects, my words were: If death is like this I´m fine, felt absence of time and space. I coudn't explain. Was it an enlightnment experience? 

@eduardo ceccarelli yes, but how can you integrate the intellectual knowledge with your day to day experience in order to create a rich and profound life?

unborn Truth

Yes!! That's a very common experience. Alan Watts even talked about it once.

It sorta feels like you blink and BAM you are there after the surgery awake few hours later. Sorta like before you were born then you get born and are like sooo where was i all this time just before this? You just show up, sometimes its even hard to remember that you went into surgery at all.

Although it is quite different from an Enlightenment experience since in that state you are fully aware/conscious even while your body/mind is completely out but then again Enlightenment can be see and experienced in many other ways as well.

B R E A T H E

People do trip on Ketamine, a cat anesthetic.

But it's not necessarily the same as enlightenment. There are all sorts of odd mystical-like states one could enter.

You have to remember that enlightenment is not an experience. All experiences and states at temporary, no matter how nifty or wonderful they are. In fact, the more wonderful an experience, the more temporary it tends to be. So careful not to get seduced by spiritual highs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have to remember that enlightenment is not an experience. All experiences and states at temporary, no matter how nifty or wonderful they are. In fact, the more wonderful an experience, the more temporary it tends to be. So careful not to get seduced by spiritual highs.

Yet all experiences nontheless are territory, no?

@Serotoninluv Enlightenment is not separate from experience. Enlightenment is like the "light" via which all experiences "glow".

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura That reminds me of a Rupert Spira analogy haha

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus