Principium Nexus

Time, Purpose And Death

20 posts in this topic

I find the notion of time utterly absurd, ridicilous and amazing. One moment we are born, an eye blink later we are in our teens and before we know it we are old and nearing the physical "death". Before I started to self-actualize and deeply focus on big picture approach these moment in time in both the past and the future were far away. Now it feels I'm present in all phases at once, I'm already thinking how it's to be old, how it's be to have childeren, everything related to each stage of life. I'm raising my awareness by looking at everybody around me and understanding why they are where they are.

For most of human existance both being born and death are somewhat the absolute ranges that define normal human life. They define what we can do and shouldn't do because we take these two events for granted and don't really question their validity.

If I would die right now would it matter? If time is only created in the mind and doesn't really exist in the outside world, then the entire world vanish as soon as your mind is not able to create a relativistic model of reality anymore (creating the notion of time space and thus seperation of "events").

We fear death because we feel we lose something which is the life we cling so hard to. We are afraid our relatives/friends might suffer or are left alone. These reasons will all make us unsettled/worry about our death/enter it with great fear.

We will all die whether you like it or not, sooner or later and it's what defining your whole life until now.

I think to be more alive is to strech the horizon. Be more fearless of death, less hesitation, less fear of failure and rejection, more compasionate and loving without clinging. 

So what I want you guys to do is challenge what you think death means to you? What are your fears? Does it matter if time doesnt exist after you "die"? What holds you back from living your life to the fullest? Wonder beyond what is known.

@Nahm death means to me when I experience this now, and also otherwise too. 

Edit:

I wasn’t satisfied with my own answer. Turned on pandora and I said “Universe, wtf?” And the universe said to me, and I quote, “You could have an airplane flyin, if you bring your blue sky back. All you do is call me. I’ll be anything you need.” And I’m like - oh Yeah!!!!! I forgot!!!!LMAO!!!!

Universe is so smart.

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Hi Principium Nexus,

In my opinion, all we get depends on the levels of our awareness, including life and death.

As I get it, the law of minimum energy may directs one's awareness to get reality right form its simplest state, as the natural common basis for expressions, which may emerge from it according to certain rules.

What is observed as space-time may be known as expressions that interact with each others according to these rules (also knows as the laws of nature).

In that case life challenges is to creatively express diversity right form its simplest state, where the fear of death and pain direct us to actually express our unique creativity in order to harmonically shape space-time during our daily life.

If we actually express space-time harmonically, we may not suffer from pain or fear of death, because our harmonious actions are not involved anymore with harmful activity, which is the cause of space-time suffering, whether it is expressed by us or by others. 

Furthermore, death may be space-time phenomena that gives life expressions their unique values, but in an harmonious realm death is not involved with suffer anymore (as mentioned above).

One simply "gets off stage" in order to give the chance for new creative life.    

Edited by doronshadmi

@Principium Nexus I relate to what you said mostly. After I discovered Enlightenment work and I stay present it feels like there is no time gap between my past and now. It feels like in a dream you are just appearing in the place withour past. Only when I start thinking the past appears but the thought is just another illusion of dream. Interestingly this insight also explains the illusion of time. There is no time and the only thing what's real is Now - the present moment. The one major question which buffles me everyday is - wether we reincarnate in another body after our physical death or we wake up from the dream forever as our true self?

Death means liberation, true life is what follows death. There is an afterlife, experience and deep intuitive knowledge tells me so, I have nothing to be afraid about. If there is one thing I await, it is death - this body and life is meaningless without death, wouldn't mean anything at all, wouldn't be any reason to breathe if nothingness is all there is after death, or any reason to even exist in the first place.

@Highest You could also reason the following:

-If natures is an act of balance then the sum of all forces of the universe would count up to zero.

-The universe was created out of nothing.

-We arise from nothing and are born in a something.

-We die and become nothing.

-If infinity is endless, we will arise from nothingness infinite times.

Even if the universe dies out of heat death, or a mega blackhole, or going being a cyclical event. Infinity holds everything, you could be dead for infinite time, but then there is light! Awareness is only aware when it is born so basically we just jumped from life to life or reincarnated without ever knowing the in between. Basically we cannot experience real nothingness, only somethingness, thats why we will never die in my opinion, because we will be resurrected like flipping a switch.

It's funny to think about this, but also challenges what I think how life should be lived and whether it's even needed to worry about any death. Feels like one big game to me.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:05 AM, Principium Nexus said:

So what I want you guys to do is challenge what you think death means to you? What are your fears? Does it matter if time doesnt exist after you "die"? What holds you back from living your life to the fullest? Wonder beyond what is known.

Don't care what is beyond the known...the trick is accepting and being comfortable with the unknown.  Also unconditionally accepting the realities and certainties.  All forms are temporary and ever changing.  If you believe the idea that this form (that you identify with) was born...then there is a death of this form.  However, there is no other...no separation...between this form and the world (i.e. everything).  A whirl pool forms in a river and passes, but it was just the river the whole time.  A wave forms and passes, but there was just the ocean the whole time.  Death only exists as long as you identify with the temporary form.  Fear only exists as long as you identify with the temporary form.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

6 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

@Highest You could also reason the following:

-If natures is an act of balance then the sum of all forces of the universe would count up to zero.

-The universe was created out of nothing.

-We arise from nothing and are born in a something.

-We die and become nothing.

-If infinity is endless, we will arise from nothingness infinite times.

Even if the universe dies out of heat death, or a mega blackhole, or going being a cyclical event. Infinity holds everything, you could be dead for infinite time, but then there is light! Awareness is only aware when it is born so basically we just jumped from life to life or reincarnated without ever knowing the in between. Basically we cannot experience real nothingness, only somethingness, thats why we will never die in my opinion, because we will be resurrected like flipping a switch.

It's funny to think about this, but also challenges what I think how life should be lived and whether it's even needed to worry about any death. Feels like one big game to me.

Common sense tells me that the universe was not created out of nothing. Other than that, it's a nice theory. '' Awareness is only aware when it is born so basically we just jumped from life to life or reincarnated without ever knowing the in between. Basically we cannot experience real nothingness, only somethingness, thats why we will never die in my opinion, because we will be resurrected like flipping a switch.''  I agree with that, nothingness doesn't really exist, there has always only been something, and so it will be after death as well.

Time in effect does not exist it is another one of mans abstract creations to measure tics and tocks of reality. The only reverent time is NOW.  

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

On 11/2/2017 at 0:24 AM, Principium Nexus said:

@eputkonen Wise words

As I get it wise words are truly wise if one actually aware of the silence beyond words without losing it during the ever changing words.

Some analogy:

The sea is the same sea and it is both calm AND wavy, where its calm (stable) aspect is the cause of its wavy (unstable) aspect, but not vise versa. 

More details are found in https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/15059-mathematics-as-a-tool-for-unity-consciousness/

Edited by doronshadmi

On 11/3/2017 at 8:15 PM, Principium Nexus said:

@doronshadmi Interesting :) By the way, what does your profile picture resemble ?

Thank you Principium Nexus.

My avater is something that I created by combining the following things:

1) Red,Green,Blue (RGB) colors and their complements (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model)

2) The flower of life (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlapping_circles_grid#Modern_usage)

3) Six unique human beings are emerged from Unity by holding hands, in order to be developed in harmony without losing their uniqueness.

Edited by doronshadmi

On 11/1/2017 at 2:32 PM, eputkonen said:

Don't care what is beyond the known...the trick is accepting and being comfortable with the unknown.

The unknown is simply being that does not refer to itself (known as the absolute from the relative point of view, where the relative is the result of being that refers to itself upon infinitely many levels in infinitely many ways).

In both cases there is being (non-duality) which does not have a complement.

Edited by doronshadmi

@Nahm  and Leo thank you.

We are both the sailors AND the boat.

Edited by doronshadmi

On 2017-10-31 at 0:05 PM, Principium Nexus said:

I find the notion of time utterly absurd, ridicilous and amazing. One moment we are born, an eye blink later we are in our teens and before we know it we are old and nearing the physical "death". Before I started to self-actualize and deeply focus on big picture approach these moment in time in both the past and the future were far away. Now it feels I'm present in all phases at once, I'm already thinking how it's to be old, how it's be to have childeren, everything related to each stage of life. I'm raising my awareness by looking at everybody around me and understanding why they are where they are.

For most of human existance both being born and death are somewhat the absolute ranges that define normal human life. They define what we can do and shouldn't do because we take these two events for granted and don't really question their validity.

If I would die right now would it matter? If time is only created in the mind and doesn't really exist in the outside world, then the entire world vanish as soon as your mind is not able to create a relativistic model of reality anymore (creating the notion of time space and thus seperation of "events").

We fear death because we feel we lose something which is the life we cling so hard to. We are afraid our relatives/friends might suffer or are left alone. These reasons will all make us unsettled/worry about our death/enter it with great fear.

We will all die whether you like it or not, sooner or later and it's what defining your whole life until now.

I think to be more alive is to strech the horizon. Be more fearless of death, less hesitation, less fear of failure and rejection, more compasionate and loving without clinging. 

Very nice! Thanks!

Edited by Hsinav

Is not everybody's main purpose to survive? Why do we try so hard to survive and to avoid pain if eventually we will die? Is not the whole existence pointless and impossible to have a point? Should not human beings, who unlike other creatures have mind, commit suicide? Is there a global purpose or meaning?

On 11/1/2017 at 4:32 PM, eputkonen said:

Don't care what is beyond the known...the trick is accepting and being comfortable with the unknown. 

Do you mean by unknown that never can be known? Because if we did not care unknown we would have never evolved.

@Buba Exactly, dreamers look over the fence of the known and share the space of visionaries. The "known" is taken for granted but can be completely false, it's fun too to explore! It's exactly what we did when we were kids and probably still do.