kieranperez

Victim V Low Self-esteem?

8 posts in this topic

Is there a difference between paralyzingly low self-esteem and being a victim?

If you think/believe you are a victim, then you have low self esteem. Low self esteem is being a victim of your own thinking.

Maybe i am not an expert so i might be wrong

i heard in one of leos video that a victim is basically one who gives away control for example one could believe that you can't improve in a specific area (would be a victim by this definition if I understood it correctly) while an other one might believe he or she can still do it but maybe at a lower level that they want to (might just be low self esteem deepending on the area)

@kieranperez There can be a difference, but they usually come together. A person with low self-esteem will likely let life and other people walk all over them. And a person who is stuck in life, especially in relationships, usually is stuck because of low self-esteem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@kieranperez There can be a difference, but they usually come together. A person with low self-esteem will likely let life and other people walk all over them. And a person who is stuck in life, especially in relationships, usually is stuck because of low self-esteem.

But couldn't some people be stuck in a relationship because they don't have any better option?  In some ways, I think people in relationships band together simply because there is nobody else & they're not interested in going through the process of building a new relationship over the long years, in which they will find themselves in yet another long-term, failed relationship...

Yeah what do u do when you've tried everything else to no avail and u don't have a lot of options?

7 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah what do u do when you've tried everything else to no avail and u don't have a lot of options?

see what went wrong and learn from failure. then do a premortem and strategize for the next time. leo once said "you probably havent even made 10 good efforts" 

8 hours ago, smd said:

But couldn't some people be stuck in a relationship because they don't have any better option?

Wouldn't that be because of low self esteem?