sgn

Do You Watch/read News?

12 posts in this topic

Thinking of cutting off reading the news.
It fills me with negativity.
It reinforces "the world is a bad place" mentality for me.
But it's like I have to know if something big is going down.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

I watch Phillip Defranco, that's the only news I watch, 10-15 minute video just to see what's up, but I see for you there's a fear there. 

Memento Mori

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

I watch Phillip Defranco, that's the only news I watch, 10-15 minute video just to see what's up, but I see for you there's a fear there. 

LOL! I watched a clip by him right before reading your comment. Haven't watched him in several years. What are the odds :o

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@sgn haha sweet, yeah he's trying to start a network, Love his content. 

Memento Mori

You as a person are the product of your environment

The problem is that most people are products of the environment that's imposed upon them.

Next time you see someone watching the news, look at how they react to it. For instance, there’s a natural disaster or a severe accident somewhere in the world. If they’re a reactive person, they’re going to freak the fck out.

The amygdala is the part of our brain that governs our emotions and fear. Guess what - watching that horrible news will trigger the amygdala into thinking that the situation is happening right in front of them.

The media doesn’t care about your purpose and happiness – they just want to clickbait you into consuming their content and create noise around controversial topics that make no sense.

That’s why…

You as a proactive person HAVE TO take control of your environment to the greatest extent possible.

• Who are the people you're surrounded by
  • What books do you read
  • What YouTube channels do you watch
  • What thoughts do you allow into your headspace
  • What blindspots are you deliberately leaving on

Environmental exposure is huuuuge 

Thanks

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

cutting out TV, radio and news papers has been one of my most important steps toward positive, constructive thinking. news take you away from the here and now. they take away your awareness of the present moment. they put you into a different time and space. usually in a place with lots of drama, suffering, debating..

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

1 hour ago, Mad Max said:

giphy.gif

Is that you or me? I can't tell the difference 

Memento Mori

Yes.  But I have gone without it too.  Your life gets a lot cleaner, healthier, and happier almost at a direct proportion to the extent that you can stay away from news, and other distracting forms of culture.

Happiness = 1/Shit

It's a reciprocal relationship.  So, the lower the Shit variable, the higher the Happiness variable will be.  The higher the Happiness variable, the lower the Shit variable will be.  We all know what Shit is.  It doesn't need a definition.  It just needs to be stayed away from.  Our problem is not that we lack a definition of Shit; our problem is actually stopping to cling to it.  Be aware of how Shit robs you of peace, happiness, joy, carefreeness, calm, stillness, tranquility, creativity, etc.  Once you fully become aware of this, you will naturally release from Shit.

Great vid that gets at the bigger issue:

Another vid on point:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I only read political news. Real politics, and espessially geopolitics have been one of my major passions since junior high school. I used to spend way too much time reading books and articles on politics, trying to understand everythinh that was moving, but the last year I have managed to cut down the time spent on it to about 4-8 hours a week, mostly in newsweek and on international politics sites, depending on what else I have got going on. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

Haven't watched or read news especially on the TV or Mainstream media for a good 5-7+ years. Life's never been more aware of self and authenticity since then.

B R E A T H E

no. i've cut those off of my life when i was 14 years old. i'm 28 now and i'm very much alive without them. i intend to keep it clean like this until my last breath xD.

unborn Truth

I only hear about the news from late-night satirical comedy shows. I like the jokes but the news stories themselves normally don't interest me. Most news stories are actually quite inane, even so-called 'significant' stuff like stories about Trump's presidency or North Korea's nuclear program. This ain't shit you're going to care about on your deathbed.

You're much better off aiming for a more holistic perspective on life than being a slave to the bureaucratic, attention-grabbing, and highly-opinionated world of the mainstream news media.