Viking

How Important Is The Meditation Posture?

8 posts in this topic

I discovered that some meditation postures could count as yoga, and yoga is very physical.

so i wonder if certain meditation positions would produce more gains, are good for strong determination sittings or are more comfortable.

and what good postures are there that in your experience were good?

could you please share some sites or online courses/videos that introduce to yoga or meditation postures?

@Ilya back erect

for a long time, a long time ago, in a dude far far away, I was in a perpetual conceptual egotistical  loop of thinking. Then I gave up. Now I don't think anymore.  We think about what we see, because thinking is transcendent to seeing. We are aware of what we are thinking, because awareness is transcendent to thinking, and we are being what we are aware of, because being is transcendent to awareness. Love though, wow, just wow af. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I just sit cross legged with a straight back when I mediate. You can mediate sitting in a chair as well, would be easier for strong determination sittings. I've always preferred sitting cross legged, from my experience it seems better. Always mediate with your back straight, that's the most important part in my opinion.

The posture is only as important as you believe it to be. If it helps you getting in a better trance, then it useful to you. Any pose that helps you get confortable and relaxed is a good pose.

2 hours ago, Ilya said:

so i wonder if certain meditation positions would produce more gains

3 hours ago, nightrider1435 said:

I just sit cross legged with a straight back when I mediate. You can mediate sitting in a chair as well, would be easier for strong determination sittings. I've always preferred sitting cross legged, from my experience it seems better. Always mediate with your back straight, that's the most important part in my opinion.

I sit cross legged, but I find I have a lot of... idk... blocked energy? in my hips. I have pain in my hips most days. I'm wondering if maybe you have some suggestions.... maybe i'll start a thread about it

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@5driedgrams The only thing that comes to mind is yoga, something I want to start as well because I have blocked up energy too, alot of it is in my arms and legs.

I always sit with my legs laid out and my back straight up. If you start slouching, you'll probably start falling asleep during your meditation. But do what makes you comfortable without you falling asleep.