Edvard

Why Does Ego In All Its Evil Exist?

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone know, or have a good idea? I've been watching Leo's videos about moralism, teaching me more to accept reality just being, which I figure has to be the ultimate truth - it makes sense and explains so much about the world. 

Now, given this, being unconscious is also just reality. Evil is just reality. Suffering is just reality. Neither of those things are bad but from our own perspective. But isn't our own perspective all there is?, meaning that living in hell equates reality just being hell, regardless of whether hell is an illusion or not, or what is true in the absolute sense. Yet, I often hear from self-actualizers that reality is sooo amazingly beautiful. Isn't it then appropriate to say: "Well, speak for yourself"?

So, does anybody know WHY or HOW the ego in all its evil exists? Is it necessary? Is it random? Or does no one know? 

Worth noting that given that I'm not dead or having been dead, I don't know how it is to die. Leo for instance, says it's the most beautiful thing. I'm a little skepticle of the notion that death by enlightenment equates "normal" physical death, not only because you come back to your ego again pretty fast. I've become more open to reincarnation, and think that it is actually quite likely - then, is it a viable notion that "you" could become a lower conscious being in the next life, like a chimpanzee or something, even if you got enlightened in this life? Or would you say enlightenment is like "Nirvana", where the cycle of all lives stops for eternity? 

This is quite speculative, so worth to note that I'm not believing any of it, but I don't exclude it either... just wonder if anybody has some knowledge, experiences or ideas, because I find it really interesting.

The ego makes for an interesting perspective for consciousness to experience itself from.
Ego is another expression of infinity. The ego is the only thing capable of never ending greed and selfishness.
Ego keeps us from truth and keeps us unconscious which is great in a way because it is a unique experience if you look from a higher dimensional perspective.
How can something infinite experience itself? by splitting into an infinite amount of beings which are it but at the same time ignorant to being that so that the factor of omnipotence falls away.
Imagine playing a video game which is so easy that it becomes boring really fast you are in god mode basically all the time. Now try to build in some limitations. Isn't that a great challenge. That is why our reality is so amazing. Take life as a challenge and keep growing yourself because it is beautiful to do so.

Everything is this universe wants to grow and that includes what you call ego.

If you feed ego with evil, it will grow into more evil. If you feed ego with love, you will become love. 

Stop feeding ego completely and you will realize that the above is not important at all. 

@Edvard someone once asked the Buddha a similar question.

Imagine that you are walking in the jungle, then suddenly out of nowhere, an arrow struck you in your back. Its wise to remove the arrow first, then when you are healed, you can investigate where it came from...otherwise you will walk around searching for its source until you bleed to death.

Same with the ego. Where did it come from we ask ? Remove the ego first, then we can investigate where it came from.

@Edvard You keep using the word 'reality'. How / what do you mean? What's you're connotation of reality?   

All opinion of course, but, I don't think there is evil. I think it's like a movie. Funny, sad, tragic, exciting, adventurous, etc. Our nature reflects we don't watch a movie about what the neighbor is doing. Boring! We watch crazy awesome exciting movies. We even pick ones that break our hearts. It's ok though, because it's just a movie. When it's over, it's all cool. Life is the same. One Love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, LaucherJunge said:

How can something infinite experience itself? by splitting into an infinite amount of beings which are it but at the same time ignorant to being that so that the factor of omnipotence falls away.
Imagine playing a video game which is so easy that it becomes boring really fast you are in god mode basically all the time. Now try to build in some limitations. Isn't that a great challenge. That is why our reality is so amazing. 

So infinity made a conscious decision to split into infinine amounts of limited beings, because it was boring? Like, literally? In that case, you wouldn't want to stay enlightened forever, I guess. Isn't the whole point of enlightenment that you release all meaning, like boring? And if you mean it, then it seems that reality/God actually has an ultimate purpose - to grow yourself. In which case, life is in a sense very meaningful. But then you in the end reach infinity again. What then? New game? New round of hell?

@Nahm Well, I'm not the only one to use that word, reality. Leo uses it too, particularly in his videos about moralism and free will. Everything/reality just is - being - and you are the only one, there's just one perspective in the universe, for me, and for you. If that perspective has low consciousness and a suffering ego, that is the solely reality that exists, as hell. That's what I mean.

Edited by Edvard

43 minutes ago, Sage_Elias said:

@Edvard someone once asked the Buddha a similar question.

Imagine that you are walking in the jungle, then suddenly out of nowhere, an arrow struck you in your back. Its wise to remove the arrow first, then when you are healed, you can investigate where it came from...otherwise you will walk around searching for its source until you bleed to death.

Same with the ego. Where did it come from we ask ? Remove the ego first, then we can investigate where it came from.

Life has decided to KO me these days. I find myself more and more intrigued by this... The thoughts in my head are looping the cathartic events that happened to *me* recently, looping Mooji, Eckhart, Rupert wisdoms that help me investigate what is happening/drop/let go of past&future and mainly, looping reminders of my *belief supported by own investigation* that there is no free will - therefore it's illogical to beat myself up for my own mistakes (?) and I should just accept what is happening fully (but then I go into why am I not accepting of suffering, so I give myself room to burst with anger, tears, etc...

The thing is, sure I do the inner investigation, but this doesn't stop this story thought is weaving from being so real and true. It is so real that I am the one in the middle of what is happening, like me, some creature that is in so much pain right now because shit is falling left and right. 

I do feel good when I drop the thoughts and the loop ends, but my immediate circumstances remind me very quickly and the pain continues. It's not like when you forget you are without legs for example (just an example) that you magically grow legs or are ok with not being able to walk.

Today, while I was having suicidal thoughts, the following peculiar thoughts while I was lying on the grass in the park: "The not me wants to commit suicide", "The not me is in pain and wants to die because he's not made for this world", "Why is the not me even alive as this if I am not supposed to be this??"

Thankfully I have one good friend, a mother and a sister, without whom nothing would really be stopping me, death looks very promising tbh, but I can't inflict such pain on those who are close

So how does Ego drop Ego really? It's impossible right? How does a ball drop itself... Am I the Ego or am I awareness? If I am awareness big whoop right? Everyone is addressing me as the Body, I feel the body's every pain, I feel the story's pain. I feel so much different than everyone else. I get angry at people who say they want to be different than the rest, because for me I would be so happy to just blend in and not stand out as the "weird guy" with a name nobody outside my own country can pronounce or get from the first try... 

I don't know really where im going with this post, mostly wanted to get it out, not that anyone will read this, I know I am a joke anyway in most people's eyes, just a mental masturbator. I need the 30-day no mental fap challenge..

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo Hang in there, man. <3

47 minutes ago, Dodo said:

So how does Ego drop Ego really? It's impossible right? How does a ball drop itself... Am I the ego or am I awareness?

By not wanting to drop itself.
It's only the ego that wants to get rid of ego.
Maybe it's time to just give up and let ego win. Let it be what it is. That's what awareness has been doing all along. Be that. 

Maybe this is not the time to contemplate on the subtle ways of the ego. It's easy to get caught in that never-ending loop. Always trying to figure it out. Always trying to fix it. It's ego's biggest trick.

Just give up and be that weird guy ego doesn't want you to be. See what that does for you. 

@Edvard
Made me think of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bImdyQn43s8&

@Edvard I wasn't trying to give you a hard time about using the word reality, I was just wanting to know what it is to you. It is something very different to me. I think it's very relative because the evil doesn't actually exist. Also, none of what we're seeing or hearing is reality. 

This is all just dualistic speculation, but what the Hell; I feel inclined to write and will honor that Muse here.  We are programmed to follow the Lower-Self, probably due to our evolution.  We aren't designed to live a long time.  And before we were so smart, we needed strong instincts to guide our actions to survive and thrive.  Go get food, go get sex, go get comfort, go get possessions, go get security, etc.  

The Higher-Self is a positive use of the Mind-Matrix that we constructed.  (We can use the Mind-Matrix like a CAD program, see video below.) To live the Higher-Self requires that we fight the Lower-Self for control over our actions.  To do that, we have to dislocate the Mind from our Identity, which requires the ability to see the Enlightenment Problem in all of its complexity.  The final result of Being is simple, but arms-lengthing the Mind-Matrix is a very complex process.  This is because you have to understand all of the ways that the Mind-Matrix interferes with reality, which gives you the knowledge of the *numerous traps* you need to maintain a true practice of Being.  

The biggest problem we have is we identify too tightly with the Mind/Mind-Matrix.  That helps us practically to navigate basic evolutionary functions in the world, but it causes problems when we ask more Philosophical or Scientific questions.  The duality and habits of the Mind/Mind-Matrix become apparent when we exceed the bounds of pragmatic thinking.  

One of the worst problems with the Mind/Mind-Matrix is it becomes a tool of the Lower-Self.  The Ego calibrates the Mind-Matrix to be in its favor.  The Lower-Self is one manifestation of Ego.  The basic problem of Personal Development is transferring the reins from the Lower-Self to the Higher-Self.  

Don't cling to these dualities too tightly though.  Do them, don't let them do you.

Video on point to watch:

Video on point to watch: (How the Higher-Self can be engineered in the CAD Program of the Mind-Matrix.)

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Why Does Ego In All Its Evil Exist? Agreeableness.

Agreeableness. The fragmentation of the psyche (some forced, but mostly imprinted) into an individual that conforms with a society. I guess that handles the what, as for the why, something to do with the collective unconscious, the super organism and the creation of life. I think assigning person-hood to Ego may not be the most beneficial way of consideration, though for expression in language how else could "it" be articulated. 

Anyone see the movie "Interview with the Vampire"? In the movie the vampire Lestat "The State" mentions that he "doesn't know any hell." After Louis tell's him "you condemned me to hell!" Lestat is able to read a person's thoughts, but he can't experience his own emotions, so he "needs" to experience them through another. Lestat is Unholy, honest and superfluous, as well as rational. Though as one organism his impact is localised and is a mirror of others. Lestat also doesn't really know any different from his form of hell, being born into it. 

Note: There is something called the Mandela effect(some Internet phenomenon) I know from reading some of C.G.Jung that a Mandala(sometimes a flower) is usually a symbol of the self. Thought I mention it, have heard it before, thus "Interview with the vampire" is often called "a" vampire, as if they are actual . "Freeeee Nelson Mandela......"

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Edvard I wasn't trying to give you a hard time about using the word reality, I was just wanting to know what it is to you. It is something very different to me. I think it's very relative because the evil doesn't actually exist. Also, none of what we're seeing or hearing is reality. 

So is it not evil when someone you thought of as your friend steals from you like a backstabber and weaves webs of lies? 

I think people will understand only if it happens in their timeline what evil is. It is real and here. In fact this planet is based on survival of the fittest. 

The fittest are the cheats, the liars and those who don't give one fuck for the other. The good guy that doesnt even wanna hurt a fly is left on the side to rot because he's not savvy enough for this shitty place. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

9 hours ago, Edvard said:

So infinity made a conscious decision to split into infinine amounts of limited beings, because it was boring? Like, literally? In that case, you wouldn't want to stay enlightened forever, I guess. Isn't the whole point of enlightenment that you release all meaning, like boring? And if you mean it, then it seems that reality/God actually has an ultimate purpose - to grow yourself. In which case, life is in a sense very meaningful. But then you in the end reach infinity again. What then? New game? New round of hell?

Why not heaven guys... Ffs! I cannot in a million years imagine how I am an almighty being that can do anything,  and I've chosen to be the main character in a life filled with pain and unjustness. 

I tell you if I ever had any conscious control over what I am, in other words if Ego was God, I would always make good experiences for all my incarnations. Ego would be a better God than the supposed God we are fantasising about here. 

Because I would know I am all of those, so why the hell have any bad experience if you are God, what is the point,  who needs this drag. What for? To become better? What for? To defeat other Gods? No, there's only one right?

Why not enjoy yourself in your pristine condition?  It all seems bullshit from here. I am not God. If God exist, there are two: plus infinity - God of good, minus infinity - God of bad, and we are dancing in between I guess. Seems like a better map of Reality. Reality is what is.

Hell and heaven both are made out of awareness,  but I sure as hell don't want to be in hell. I dont want to be aware of hell. I want to only ever be aware of heaven. This is not possible?  Then heaven doesn't exist. It seems like God is unconscious.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo You are Love. Survival of the fittest means "fittest" as in "most fits into one's environment", not as in strongest. The ideal survival of the fittest is one who is selfless, thus fitting into all situations and environments seamlessly. The perceived evil is your opportunity to experience love. To do that, you'd have to remove your focus from your perceived evil, and maintain your focus on love. Love is the most powerful. There is no limit in love. It's infinite. 

12 hours ago, Edvard said:

You have a wrong impression of enlightenment. The ego doesen't just fade away. You are simply not attached to it anymore. Also enlightenment is not even close to omnipotence in any way. The growth of consciousness is unlimited you could be here on earth as an enlightened master for millions and trillions of years and still keep growing spiritually.
You don't reach infinity, infinity is obviously always there, there is no time so you can't reach it.

Edited by LaucherJunge