Harikrishnan

Question To Know Spiritual Level

24 posts in this topic

Is there a question to ask to know about someones spirituality level?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan great question. i have no idea but i would love to read some answers from the crowd.  i think what are you, and what is reality might be a good start. Infinite makes for a lot of versions though.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I remember a video that @Prabhaker posted about Gurus being good at eliminating questions, or something along those lines.

On 9/2/2017 at 1:32 AM, Harikrishnan said:

Is there a question to ask to know about someones spirituality level?

Just ask him simple questions like what are your views on God etc

If he is giving you ready made answers that God lives in heaven etc. then it means that this person is assuming things so he is not spiritual.

Hmm. "How would you characterize the nature of the self?"

Even then, they could fake a higher level answer without directly being at that level.

It's more reliable to observe them for a sufficient length of time, and if you are familiar with different levels of consciousness, it isn't hard to guess in the ballpark.

Edited by Haumea

@Harikrishnan Interesting question.

@Nahm The more you experience the things below, the more you can identify yourself with a certain stage.

Questions from the lowest spiritual development to the highest:

1. Am I experiencing shame?
  2. Am I experiencing guilt?
  3. Am I experiencing apathy?
  4. Am I experiencing grief?
  5. Am I experiencing fear?
  6. Am I experiencing desire?
  7. Am I experiencing anger?
  8. Am I experiencing pride?
  9. Am I experiencing courage?
  10. Am I experiencing neutrality?
  11. Am I experiencing willingness?
  12. Am I experiencing acceptance?
  13. Am I experiencing reason?
  14. Am I experiencing love?
  15. Am I experiencing Joy?
  16. Am I experiencing Peace?

The final enlightenment phase qustion:

1. Am I able to consciously annahilate myself(ego,mind)?

What do you think? Would that be useful for determining your spiritual level? This is just an idea I had after reflecting on that question.

@AleksM I have been through those stages. They aren't relative to my experience any more. I may have worded my inquiry poorly. The gentleman in the video refers to our individual souls. He also focuses on this earthly experience as a means to determining 'who' we are. I found I do not have an individual person, nor individual soul, nor anything individual about me at all. That I am not a someone at all. I found that, ime, to be completely conceptual. Are you saying the guy in the video has not reached this 'stage' and thus he still holds a belief he has a soul? Do you feel you have an individual soul? 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't think there are any specific questions to test levels of enlightenment, simply because a question comes from the mind (most probably your logical mind) and being at some higher level of spirituality will almost inevitably involve moving (and living) beyond the mind. As you grow yourself in awareness you will become more in touch with your intuition and feelings and you would be able to sense a persons relative level of enlightenment merely by taking in a chunk of their interaction (verbal and non-verbal).

@Nahm Very true. I must admit though, I have met specifically three people in my life where the sense of their higher awareness was undeniable. And judging by the impact that they had on me and their environment other people perceive it as well.

@AleksM Those are feelings that simply “is”. One is not more “is” than anothet. They all “is”

My most insightful moments have not felt good. They usually involve some level of ego dissolution or death. I find it really uncomfortable and I don’t know why I keep going back for more.

For me, my strongest sense of Truth was simply “is”. My ego didn’t like it one bit and I reached the insanity threshold.

@Serotoninluv

Of course there is only one moment and that is now but experience in the now is real. Of course everything is. But that doesn't mean everything is the same. You are reality and you are in reality. Emotions are guiding mechanisms for self-alignment. "Good feelings are communications from your higher self that let you know you are in alignment with your True Self. "

The more  you raise your vibrational frequency of being, the more you raise your consciousness and the more you merge with awareness.

5 hours ago, AleksM said:

@Serotoninluv

Of course everything is. But that doesn't mean everything is the same. 

There is a singularity of is

@Serotoninluv Singularity means everything stems from the same source. It doesn't mean that everything is the same. Everything is unique.

That’s not what I mean by singularity. That use is seperating into source / not source. Recently I’ve had some nondual experiences. I’m aware of it, yet can’t explain it. 

The other day I was admiring a butterfly dancing among flowers as a pollinator. There was a moment of awareness of one, of same, of singularity. It wasn’t like “I” was watching “it”. I don’t know how long the moment was because it was timeless. My mind has tried to make sense of that moment, yet each attempt isn’t it. 

@Serotoninluv

I have nondual experiences all day, abiding in 99,9% silent mind with no mental sounds all the day. I am familiar with the nondual. Check out he topic on how I've become enlightened.

Have you read the post I have linked above in the first comment?

16 minutes ago, AleksM said:

@Serotoninluv

I have nondual experiences all day, abiding in 99,9% silent mind with no mental sounds all the day. I am familiar with the nondual. Check out he topic on how I've become enlightened.

Have you read the post I have linked above in the first comment?

Yes I have read it. That is not what I am getting at. It's not it, yet It's also not not it.

@Serotoninluv Experience in the now is real.

So experience can be used as a guiding mechanism for self-alignment. Experiences are not all the same. Experiences have different vibrational levels. So depending on which emotion you experience you can evaluate yourself where you are. All experiences and all emotions are not it but they can be used as a self-alignment mechanism. 

"Positive feelings are communications from the higher self that let you know you are in alignment with your True Self." 

Synchronize yourself with all that is by raising your vibrational level.