Joseph Maynor

Do You Keep A Journal Or Notebook Beside Your Bed And What Do You Write In It?

10 posts in this topic

Curious.  I kept a gratitude journal for a while where everyday I wrote one in one thing I was grateful for.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I have a journal too! High five! :)

My journal...

I write about my biggest doubts and frustration. After writing my doubts and frustrations, I write solutions to those problems. 

It really clears my mind in an effective way. 

My second to do list journal is a Gratitude Journal!

I know it is important to my own happiness, but I have other priorities first

Edited by AilinKyung

I used to write my dreams in a notebook, unfortunately I messed up the habit process. I did this for 2 months and I became more aware of my dreams. By writing I learned more about my subconscious desires and this was very useful. I even had one lucid dream, a very weird experience.

The things I wrote were vague, because you tend to forget things rather quickly. Something I wrote down that was eye opening is this:

My little brother is chasing me and he wants to punch me to death, we both have super strength and we can jump high. He chases me in the neighbourhood and I run in fear, eventually he gets to me, he punches me to death on top of a roof.

Then I woke up.

This gave me the insight that I need to distant myself from toxic family members (other family members, not my brother). This made me move out and I don’t regret it. By writing it down I saw this theme come up again and again. I tend to flight instead of fight.

This is what I used to do, maybe it’s time to pick it up again.

I have several notebooks laying around my place. Some are for Truth, some for creativity, and some for cycling.

The funny thing is that I hardly ever read them. When I do, it is because I wish to reacquaint with something I have basically forgotten. Most of the time I remember what I wrote in them. For me, it is spending that little bit of time actually writing the notes which helps me to remember. But over the last year or so my memory is somewhat fading (having senior moments). 

I do the three good things exersice everyday. I do it in googledocs tho, not a notebook. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

I don't use physical notebooks as much. Physical notebooks lacks the organization and ease of searching for keywords I'm looking for. Also, sometimes my handwriting is so bad even I can't read it.

I've used physical notebooks and the Evernote app for much of the entirety of my personal development journey. It was a revolution in my life like when humankind discovered the art of writing. When I write down goals and think through things — it's no longer easily forgotten. I can think things through more deeply. Organize my ideas and research better. Plan measurable steps to it.

I usually use writing (or technically typing, sure.), I often use it to brainstorm ideas and organize research into something I can do. I use it to think through emotional obstacles. That's where I do things like Shadow Work, Archetype therapies, CBT, reflections on mindfulness and so on. I type in notes on more technical matters too. I also use it to take time for self awareness — give myself feedback, measure progress, celebrate what's done right, assess strengths and weaknesses in an area and adjust expectations. 

I probably should try a Gratitude journal again. I've been getting oddly frustrated with life not being enough. Oh well.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

i use my Journal to really think decisions through that i might be unsure about or to really dig deep to find the source of a problem if i try to find a permanent solution if there is something i want to fix in my personal development or to use it to write something down i maybe have thought a lot about and finally found a solution to it(for example if there is a question that have been bothering me) i also find it usefull that you can use your journal to look back at the progress you made on your personal development and to see if you feel different about the same situations now

kind regards :)

I keep a journal by my bed in case I want to write a dream down, although I never do and it would be way too dark to do so anyway... (I like to sleep in total darkness, and by the time I get up in the morning the dogs want to go pee and woosh, there goes the dream)... But I do try to write in the journal once a day,  being thankful for the day and for certain things that happened that day (gratitude), reviewing what I was lazy on and could have done better (self improvement), and I also do some subconscious work with automatic writing. It's a lot of fun once you get into the flow of it. 

I have a digital journal. It allows me to write stuff fast and easily. The physical journal worked great for some months, but I got tired and lost pleasure in writing in it because it's too tiring.

52 minutes ago, Loreena said:

I have 15 journals that I wrote last year. I don't know what to do with those. I don't want to throw them out. I want all the data but it would be too tedious to type out all of them. So kinda stuck with them. Have kept them all in a suitcase in my closet. 

One day I will have to collect all the stuff and retrieve all the data and make it digital. 

Take pictures and upload them onto a usb. Thats what am doing.