Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Visitor

Are You Okay?

19 posts in this topic

You would master self-acceptance and yet at the same time continue to work on functioning optimally in the world, because at some point became able to hold the paradox of acceptance vs. continuous improvement. 

1 hour ago, 99th_monkey said:

if you have to believe that you're ok, then obviously you're not ok. ;)

Can you not believe you are okay when you are okay?

2 hours ago, TimStr said:

You would master self-acceptance and yet at the same time continue to work on functioning optimally in the world, because at some point became able to hold the paradox of acceptance vs. continuous improvement. 

When you think you need improvement then that part which is not, is not okay, or else you would not see a need for improvement.

2 minutes ago, Spiral said:

Only ok.... that's a bit underwhelming.

Not if used to express agreement, understanding, and acceptance of what is true.

@Visitor can't you throw some appreciation in the mix to for some extra happiness. So you'd think "i'm good", excluding the moral perceptive.

9 minutes ago, Spiral said:

@Visitor can't you throw some appreciation in the mix to for some extra happiness. So you'd think "i'm good", excluding the moral perceptive.

To be okay with what is true is the ultimate happiness of belonging to Reality. 

9 hours ago, Visitor said:

When you think you need improvement then that part which is not, is not okay, or else you would not see a need for improvement.

I think of it this way: If you truly beliefe, that you are ok, you also accept your interiour motivation for growth and transformation. 

And then it's no about correcting mistakes but about being the continuous change that you already are. 

By being totally ok with yourself, you become a resistanceless outlet for the innate creativity of reality. 

Adyashanti is a great example for someone that has truly realized, being ok with himself. BUT for him, being ok not just a belief but an actual truth. 

Edited by TimStr

if your mind believes something true, your body acts as "if" it is true...

so, if you believe you're ok, your body reacts in order to your mind-set and therefore you will feel ok.

Placebo or pigamlione effect.

tons of experiments done...

try on yourself.

but is true also the opposite.

If you act as you are not ok, but you force yourself believing you are ok... then you will feel not ok.

Feelings over thoughts..

Instead of thinking ok, just feel the okayness ;)

Edited by orroz

9 hours ago, TimStr said:

...By being totally ok with yourself, you become a resistanceless outlet for the innate creativity of reality...

Thanks TimStr.

I like your above quote, for it points to what happens when we are okay. We (our body) becomes the vehicle for our innate Spirit-self, the creative nature of Reality. Our body-mind has surrendered all fears of self, to make room for the fearless Self to take over. Suddenly you see yourself (body and mind) differently. Your old self seems like a computer hardware (body) with software/wetware (mind). The upgrade (Self) needs no improvement. Even the body feels liberated and revitalized for it is no longer burdened with ego-fears (not okay).

Personally, I slip in and out of both the old (not okay) and the new (okay) many times in the day. 

8 hours ago, orroz said:

if your mind believes something true, your body acts as "if" it is true...

so, if you believe you're ok, your body reacts in order to your mind-set and therefore you will feel ok.

Placebo or pigamlione effect.

tons of experiments done...

try on yourself.

but is true also the opposite.

If you act as you are not ok, but you force yourself believing you are ok... then you will feel not ok.

Feelings over thoughts..

Instead of thinking ok, just feel the okayness ;)

Thanks orroz.

That is true. However one can believe and experience the truth as opposed to a placebo (untrue).

That is, we are already okay, but our enslavement to our ego-self won't reveal that for it fears losing its need (not okay) for validity.

The paradox is: It is okay to not be okay.

Edited by Visitor
Adding paradox.

@Visitor yep, I agree

One must first detect what is true, and not what he (or the ego/mind) believes true.

If your body is sick but you believe you are ok, then  you are not ok... even if you think so.

Of course you are not the body, and you true self is always ok.

As you said, the paradox is that you are inherently ok, even when the external seems not okay (i.e. your body feels ko...).

And viceversa: the situation or your behaviour is okay, even if internally/psychologically you think is not correct.

In other words everything is always alright, in the right place at the right moment.

The worried mind (ego/society) thinks up a sense of disorder, therefore plans an artificial order.

When the worried-mind calms down, it could see the natural order.

Edited by orroz

19 hours ago, Visitor said:

Thanks TimStr.

I like your above quote, for it points to what happens when we are okay. We (our body) becomes the vehicle for our innate Spirit-self, the creative nature of Reality. Our body-mind has surrendered all fears of self, to make room for the fearless Self to take over. Suddenly you see yourself (body and mind) differently. Your old self seems like a computer hardware (body) with software/wetware (mind). The upgrade (Self) needs no improvement. Even the body feels liberated and revitalized for it is no longer burdened with ego-fears (not okay).

Personally, I slip in and out of both the old (not okay) and the new (okay) many times in the day. 

Yeah, this also corresponds to the paradox of Doing vs. Being. The ultimate Do Nothing can become an effortless Doing. 

Also, the distinction between mind, body and self are a very clear way to put it. 

Edited by TimStr

I am okay.

I accept myself.

I love myself.

I'm awesome.

But tomorrow I'm gonna be awesomer.

Everyday I'm becoming more and more awesome.

Because everyday I'm improving and bettering myself.

I know I am imperfect being. 

But I'm in my journey of accepting completly myself but at the same time improving myself.

Believing that I am okay  feels amazing.

Have a wonderful week!@Visitor

Edited by AilinKyung