WaterfallMachine

Who Are The Best Enlightenment Gurus You Know?

9 posts in this topic

I'm looking for new people to learn from. Any recommendations? And why? What do they have that other teachers don't? Is there any cons to learning from them?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

There are soo many.

But I like David Spero a lot.

('stuck' is not some fearful term used here btw)

Leo Gura.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I'm generaly sceptical to gurus. I feel like most of them pretend (or even genuinly believe) they have all the answers, and that their personal opinion is the only valid opinion to hold, and anyone whos ignorant enough to think differently can be subly looked down upon or ridiculed. 

The meditation/dharma teachers I feel like I have learned the most from tho are Culadasa, Joseph Goldstein and Shinzen Young.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@WaterfallMachine My six year daughter is my master. She gets angry! She has no need to let the anger go. She has no veil. She is. She laughs again. She runs! She paints! She contemplates her chioice in headbands!! Pony tail or pig tails?  She gets angry!! She doesn't need to meditate. She doesn't need to think to "let go". She is. She is being. There is no veil. She is my master. I am very lucky. She's a gift for me. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yoda !

a64fea6f31d38682a49b5f471b2ff395649ca4ed

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Adyashanti is my favorite for books, he is very clear about how non-duality applies to your life

Mooji's videos and Satsangs are just pure poetry, I'd recommend watching a couple

Rupert Spira gives a very almost scientific description of non-duality, if that's your thing. 

Then there's Eckart Tolle with some of his "must-read" books such as a new world

Check them out, see what you like, compare them and don't get too attached to any one teacher. Enjoy

Peter Ralston, Rupert Spira & Adyashanti. They cut through a lot of bullshit and tell you what you already know :P

Edited by Danielle

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu