Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynnel

How To Feel On In The Morning ? Any Morning Routine Tips ?

16 posts in this topic

I noticed that I feel like complete garbage at morning while I have enough sleep (arround 8 hours) and a very healthy diet.

Later on in the day I start to get some motivation and inspiration back but then it's too close to the evening and it's time to sleep again.

I usually feel quite shitty when I wake up in the morning and I can't quite grasp why.

Any morning routine advice to really feel ON and ready to start the day ?

- drink cold water early on in the morning. it really wakes you up

- you can act your way into right thinking.. but you can't think your way into right action

- taking action is as simple as: stand up. look around. place your hands upon something. manipulate that to some effect. repeat! 

5 minutes ago, alyra said:

you can act your way into right thinking.. but you can't think your way into right action

- taking action is as simple as: stand up. look around. place your hands upon something. manipulate that to some effect. repeat! 

I'll try cold water but this...

If I feel shitty I don't wanna willpower my way trough all the time I want it to come naturally.

no it ain't about will power. some people have willpower but I sure as hell don't.  don't want to stand up? sit up. don't want to sit up? roll over. maybe open a blind. play upbeat music. if you truly didn't want to get up naturally, then you wouldn't be asking these questions. so, you already do naturally want to get up.

but the blocker is, there are two things in conflict - 1) for various reasons you want to get up 2) for various reasons you want to lie in bed and keep resting.  one of those is winning out, and you're looking for ways to negotiate with yourself.

one method of negotiating is to take action. I don't mean by force of will - fuck, do yoga in your bed, masturbate, watch YouTube, play videogames, read a book, open the blinds, write in a diary, whisper dreams to yourself, whatever. what gets me motivated honestly it's doing something I enjoy. wake up two hours earlier to play videogames in the morning like I do ;) well I only do that on the worst days, nowadays I can wake up / get up without need for tricks half the time. 

but, don't be afraid to do something, and remind yourself that some teeny tiny part of you wishes you would get up and be amazing already. 

It is an issue I deal with personally, and by far it is not an issue. 

go to sleep with your consciousness struggling and you will wake up with your consciousness struggling

this may seem weird and counter-intuitive, but don't go to sleep when you're tired, go to sleep before you're tired. 
if your consciousness is leaving you, eg being tired, you were already supposed to be in bed. 

the more I respect this rule, the better my wake ups seem to get. 
and the more I can remember my dreams,if you go to sleep consciously you will remember your dreams more as well. 

it does take discipline to go to sleep when you're not super tired, it means sitting in bed for a minute or ten or fifteen waiting to enter sleep.
you have to understand what it means to be tired, the meaning of being tired, what does it mean? 

First of all the meaning of sleep, your consciousness needs to be able to leave your physical body every now and then so that it can be active in ways that are more native and free to it. 
when you dream you literally fly off in other planes, you visit relatives in the spirit world, you breathe again in dimensions that are less dense, dimensions that are very light, where you can fly and create whatever you want to dream of. 

so your consciousness is leaving your body to breath again, then it goes back to it replenished. it goes to show how intense it is for our spirits to maintain the focus on this dense physical reality. 

anyhow when you are tired a portion of your consciousness already left because it needed to go. 
this is not a smooth transition, it leaves you with a sort of half-consciousness. the same one you experience when you wake up. 

this is not a good transition, because being tired doesn't feel good, so the same thing happens in the morning, your consciousness returns to you slowly,you're left there half conscious....because that is how it left you the night before. 

consciousness leaving your body has to be an established practice. it's the exact same process happening in the morning. 
you have to master smoothfully going to sleep, letting your consciousness fade, and in the morning you will feel the benefits. if you can leave smootfully, you will return smoothfully, they're both intimately linked

if you feel tired you should've already been in bed, go to sleep super conscious and wake up super conscious

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@alyra

I have no problems getting up at all.

The deal is I feel very shitty after. I get up, I eat, but I'm not inspired nor motivated. That comes back later, after 1 or 2 hours. Sometimes more.

And then I'm very excited about my goals at the END of the day when I have to go back to bed.

It's very annoying.

@Lynnel Read your personal mission statement, do 5 minutes of affirmations, meditate for 1 hour.  Do negative visualization practice for 5 mins. Eat breakfast.  I went so long not eating breakfast, but it sets up your whole day.  Give yourself time in the morning, don't be rushing around.  Nurture your day by watering yourself properly in the morning like a houseplant basking in the new day's sun.  Your morning routine should tee up your entire day.  Then you can go out there and kill it with your work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I meditate 20 minutes every morning, also some concentration practice beforehand. Gives me a big boost throughout the day

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Lynnel maybe you stay in bed for too long after you woke up already. That can really mess up the rest of your day. Like you go back in some half sleep mode and just stay there. 

Also exercise in the morning can kickstart your day. 

And hey, it's not illegal to drink coffee either. 

Also eat in the morning, something with sugar like a banana or tea with honey. 

And don't forget to put your contacts in, or your glasses on. 

@SFRL I do not stay in my bed after waking up.

I drink yerba mate and it usually makes me feel way better.

I had a very shitty morning recently because I was putting wayy too much pressure on myself with the whole self-actualization work and it felt very miserable. I became some sort of neurotic upgrade working robot.

@Lynnel yeah we all have these once in a while. 

I am in a hotel now and they didn't make the coffee strong enough. Criminal. 

@SFRL Yeah we should totaly make a support group for ego backslash.

I feel like a lot of pressure comes from all the amazing work Leo's doing and imagining he does like 14 hours of very efficient work per day xD

And of course even if you're intermediate you fucking can't compare yourself to that.

Sleeping consistently, as in going to bed the same time every day is key. Going up the same time everyday is also key. Sleeping between 11-12 at night is the most important hour. Proper breakfast is really important and taking a cold shower give you a lot for energy. It's all about your morning habit.