ThirdEyeSees

Raising Children

15 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a question. Leo mentions in several of his videos and his most recent "what is art" video that we are spending time raising children because it is part of our survival mechanism. I don't remember if he said or if I just interpreted it that we are wasting time raising children.  I have two children and currently stay at home with them. 3 and 2 yrs old. I started to doing this work for me but also because I didn't want to pass my bad psychology onto them.  I have to raise my children, right?  God consciousness has become my number one priority.  How do I know when I'm being selfish about it? Should I not focus on them and focus more on the greater good? 

your psychology isn't ''bad'', enlightenment is a very very long process, it will do you good to not look back and criticize your past mindset everytime you travel further along this road.

your god consciousness is in sync with everyone of your desires, if you desire to raise your children right while doing consciousness work this is definitely possible, you may learn a lot of lessons trying to raise them right. 

being selfish is good, your desires are supposed to be in sync with the entire universe, perhaps it's better to know that you have to selfish from the heart, from a point of honesty, not from the ego, to be selfish and to be selfless can be the same thing.

focus on both things, they can perfectly be combined, enlightenment is never limitation, it is infinity

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I would not consider it a waste of time, you are supposed to procreate and care for your children. Children tend to sleep more then you, so if you have the time and energy perhaps some of the time could be spent of spiritual pursuits. If you neglect your children you'll go backwards in your progression. 

P.S you can hide the other thread by click options- hide

I would think you would integrate the pursuit of your spiritual goals like you integrate every other interest you may have while raising children. You won't be able to spend 24x7 on this interest because kids are going to take up time as well. So, you pursue it when you have free time.

Just realized this was a double post. ^_^

@ThirdEyeSees  "we're wasting time raising children"? I didn't see the video. Is that really what was being said? Words like that could only come from someone without children or from a very uncaring parent whose children I would truly pity.

@ThirdEyeSees @Annie I think that if you are in the right mindset, then raising children is never a waste of time. No, we no longer need to populate the world, but there is still a need to spread love and your own values, and you will only be around for so long. Therefore, you instill those values into your children, and hope that they will carry the traditions and change people's lives as well. Right now, we are way too populated with children who will grow up to spread hate and ignorance like their parents. It is parents like you who will make a difference for our future. That in itself will bring you to the God consciousness, whether in this lifetime, or in one to follow. Don't get too caught up on achieving it in this life. Learn what you can, teach it to your children, and one day, when you reincarnate, perhaps it will be one of their descendants who will show you the way. 

@starsofclay Don't forget that EVERY child is born into this world with infinite potential. The problem is never the children but the parents. The parents are the ones who create or destroy in every sense.

I am a couple of weeks behind in videos..but many of Leo's other videos offer awesome insight into raising kids despite the fact that he has none...I'm curious now...but it's likely an interpretation @ThirdEyeSees ....that said...children usually have neurotic fucked up parents...and end up fucked up/ neuroti,  and in need of healing/ reprogramming....our culture is also fucked up, and it fucks up both kids and parents...it's all pretty fucked...on the rare occasions, when conscious parents raise Devine kids, with magic bubbles of cultural deflection encompassing them, it's quite incredible....and the world would be pretty boring without kids...we need their innocence and curiosity....their spirit of wonder....their laughter....and their pure bliss!!!

@ThirdEyeSees I never said you're wasting time raising children.

Having children is a very serious choice and commitment. You need to make the choice consciously and then stick with it, otherwise you're gonna spawn the next Hitler.

The problem is that people reproduce mindlessly -- as an escape from consciousness work -- and then once the deed is done, it's too late. And they of course don't have the capacity now to raise their kids consciously, so they do the best they can, but they end up making their kids as unconscious as they are. And then we all have to deal with the fallout.

The Devil has an interesting way of procreating himself, doesn't he? ;)

If you're stuck in that situation, you're gonna have to work overtime to fix it. Just like any other situation you got yourself into unconsciously.

And if you had kids consciously, then good for you. Raise them well.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Arkandeus  @Spiral @starsofclay @Annie @poimandres Thank you so much for for your insight. I appreciate your guidance so much. 

@Epiphany_Inspired I can see the neurosis all too much from other parents, my parents and myself still included and definitely working on that. Thank you for  your response. 

@Leo Gura Sorry about my misinterpretation. My kids totally know who you are. Haha I cannot thank you enough for shining light on basically everything in my life. I'm crying right now thinking of how thankful i am.  :) 

I have no idea about this stuff personally but I know about two teachers called Craig Holiday and Susanne Marie who had multiple kids while seeking, maybe you could learn something from them. :) 

Hallå

On 8/2/2017 at 2:44 AM, ThirdEyeSees said:

I didn't want to pass my bad psychology onto them

OSHO: How Your Parents Destroyed You

Get them meditating ASAP. I don't know much about raising kids, but man, I wish I had a daily meditation habit since childhood.

@Prabhaker thank you as always 

@username Me too. I wish I knew about this! I have heard of using little candies in their mouth so they can concentrate on that. 

@ThirdEyeSees I think just basic breath meditation would work pretty well and might lay a good foundation for a practice they might carry well into adulthood.