john5170

How To Get A Child-like Mind?

14 posts in this topic

I tried shrooms and I noticed for a short period of time, my mind was like a child's mind. Happy, amused by small things, worry-free. Very similar to children.

How to get a tiny dose of such effect without drugs?

I am very serious and take things in life too seriously. And after shrooms, I realized that it is my brain chemistry that is blocking it.

@john5170 I think it's more conditioning and/or personality that tends to make people too serious. I can be this way too. I had the type of childhood where I had to be the adult many times. It made me have to grow up too quick, take things seriously at a young age. Don't get me wrong I've got a good sense of humor, but takes a minute (or some wine) to get there sometimes. It's just how I'm programmed.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Conditioned thinking but most importantly suppressed emotions.

Small children own all their emotions and release them appropriately.

Adults usually hide all their emotions and thus have to live burdened under masks and behavioral patterns of denial.

You can see how much you suppression you carry by scanning the spine for chronically tight muscles that hurt when you press them, as shown here 

Emotions also come up naturally as you meditate and realizing No Self (classical enlightenment) seems also to be able to free one to high a degree (though all subconscious stuff will still have to be processed at some point regardless.

Try deepening your breath. Really open your chest up. And let the air fill your belly.

It might feel uncomfortable in the beginning (because you might be rusty, but if you keep doing it, this will broaden your range of emotions. Next thing you know, you start feeling love overflowing into your life hehe. Opening your body up helps access areas that you have not entered since your childhood. It is that crazy. Sometimes I go, "Dude, I am feeling like a child. >:D" 

yoga is awesome for clearing negative thoughts. simple as that. :)

Thanks for the advice. I will try the breathing.

Is it possible to re-wire my brain if I go on Shrooms again and try to capture that child-like feeling, and replicate it in my life? has anyone tried that?

@john5170 it won't become you if you depend on external substances. it's not very different from marijuana or alcohol, which can give a glimpse of the same stress free experience.

you have to practice mindfulness as @Gabriel Antonio said.

you can even forget about the mushrooms and just practice 24/7 mindfulness. there's no shortcut.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

practice 24/7 mindfulness. there's no shortcut.

@john5170 the more mindful you are, the more atune you will be to your emotions. just keep in mind not to get neurotic. spiritual practices can easily turn into rigidity. i speak from my personal experience. 

keep in mind that there is an inner child alive in you. maybe what it really wants is just your loval approval :)

This-is-why-the-dog-is-happier.jpg

In this case the inner child and the dog are one and the same. Yes this does happen on psychedelics but to gain a more permanent effect  meditation and spiritual practice daily can eventually lead to that state more and more.

Yes psychedelics show you its within you and usually direct you back to spiritual balance and authentic more child-like self but if you don't apply the teachings then you won't gain the benefits. Notice how many Buddhist monks are always so silly and childlike and just giggle around and play yet provide wisdom of the gods ;)

B R E A T H E

15 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

I would like to do something like this.... I need an emotional release...

My problem is, if she asked do I see a door? I would say no... and I don't know what it is made of, and if it is opened or closed. I've tried guided meditations before that ask similar things... but I don't see things like I guess some people do. 

1 hour ago, starsofclay said:

I would like to do something like this.... I need an emotional release...

My problem is, if she asked do I see a door? I would say no... and I don't know what it is made of, and if it is opened or closed. I've tried guided meditations before that ask similar things... but I don't see things like I guess some people do. 

It also happens naturally as we stop our distracting thinking/doing patterns, meditation. But.. so what you can't see something or whatever, they are no there to judge you and even if they did, does it matter?

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

It also happens naturally as we stop our distracting thinking/doing patterns, meditation. But.. so what you can't see something or whatever, they are no there to judge you and even if they did, does it matter?

You are right... I guess I would just want to envision what she is asking me to so we can interact... it seems like it would work better, but I dunno. Is this related to chiropractor treatment, or something completely different?

I recently tried hypnosis regression, the audio from youtube took me to my 13, 7 and 3. I remembered vivid memories. My eyes was like in REM sleep, like a trance or something. Then the video continuated with past life regressions, quite interesting experience.

Enjoy, do wild things, do calming things, Enjoy. Do things that you're too scared too! Enjoy those things. Theres a reason your inner child isn't present isn't there?