Lorcan

Is Absolute Infinity Worthy Of Worship? (and Is It Even Possible To Worship It?)

11 posts in this topic

Is Absolute Infinity worthy of worship?

How can something that is not a linguistic thing be worshipped? 

Here is a litte mental mastarbation thought I had regarding absolute infinity.

If I had a telescope with infinite zoom, and I pointed it to a limestone. What would I see? The colour of the limestone???????

Edited by Lorcan

Kinda silly to worship yourself. But hey, plenty of people do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

every breath i take feels like a prayer.

unborn Truth

I worship no-thing, but have gratitude to Isvara (God/Creator).

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

12 hours ago, Lorcan said:

Is Absolute Infinity worthy of worship?

It is not the question of worthiness of absolute infinity , worshiping transforms you. Absolute infinity don't need your worship, but in the state of worship you change.

Some people describe post-enlightenment as feeling like God.  This gets tricky because our normal concept of God is very egoic.  So, whatever these people are talking about would have to be explained in more detail to have any useful sense.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Some people describe post-enlightenment as feeling like God.  This gets tricky because our normal concept of God is very egoic.  So, whatever these people are talking about would have to be explained in more detail to have any useful sense.

It is not possible to describe post-enlightenment experience still attempts were made to describe it. People become greedy for enlightenment, they started dreaming about enlightenment, there greed became a hindrance. So, Buddha denied everything, he said it freedom from suffering, nothing more than that. 

@Lorcan you would be worshiping nothing. But if you feel good creating a concept of something and worshipping it, by all means. The only problem is, if you're worshipping something, you are keeping yourself from seeing that it is all you, and that the human you is nothing.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I look at it from a perspective of recognizing. You decorate the temple with the appropriate icons, etc. Sure, from a non-dual point of view, why worship? From a dualistic perspective makes perfect sense to recognize that which cannot be expressed into words. Kind of like paying respect.

Not to mention those images and words play huge role in effecting consciousness during ceremonies and meditations.

Edited by poimandres