AleksM

How I Became Enlightened Fast And How You Can Do It To

207 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor  I didn't exactly get what you are trying to say... Can you elaborate a little bit? Epistemology and philosophy are different.. I have studied a lot of philosophy and many people do that... But I haven't studied Epistemology, it is very rarely studied, unlike philosophy.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Prabhaker I have thought about it before... But still, there are various other reasons why one would want to contribute to such a research, not just for money. And also, money is a need for doing things in the world. A person who wants to do some social service will need money. If I have psychic powers but I don't have desire for money, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to participate in such a research.

As I have already said, I am not saying these powers don't exist. I cannot be certain about it. But you need to remember that not only James Randi, there were many other scientists who did research on this subject and none has been proved so far. Much of the research that has been done only indicates that the existence of paranormal is very unlikely.

I have a very unbiased view on this. So, I have thought about every single possibility that I could think of, both for and against. The problem with many  people is that they always look at one possibility alone.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Outer I recommend you do your own research, experiment and see it for yourself by observation. Also  I recommend that you read everything already posted.

I have listed most of the methods I was doing in that period I am doing nothing like that anymore and I still maintain and don't get lost again in thought and monkey mind, my mind surrendered, so for me it's legit enough. But the technique that got me trough the most is being aware every second, mantining a serious intent about raising consciousness constantly and being focused only on breath, when your focused on breathing you cannot think at the same time, this grounds you and if you maintain that for a few months you become grounded in reality and that is enlightenment. This is basically the tecnique that you can use, yes it's deceivingly simple but if you trick yourself into believing that you'll be somehow better by using that simple technique it Will work. The key thing here is to TRICK yourself. But in reality you Will disapper in the process, this is total anihilation of the mind.When I have started using this technique I became enlightened fast mostly because I was in this awarness all of the time. I had nothing to hold on to anymore and completely imersed myself in this practice, it was everything.

I don't have monkey mind at all, nothing. Absulte silence for more months. I think when I want to think, and when thoughts arise without me conciously wanting them I can stop them quickly by not assigning meaning to them.

A lot of the things mentioned are actually scientifically proven, you just need to do your research.

I have become enlightened more than 3 years ago.

@Nahm  I am not trying to convert anybody here so it's not an issue. But thank you for the thoughts, looks interesting.

@Shanmugam The point about skepticism is resonating, I fully agree with that, I need to embody more skepticism myself. Leo has also mentioned to apply skepticism to your skepticism. At the start I was not that skeptical becuase I had nothing to lose. I was fully open. And that lead me to this. I have experimented and it somehow worked. I don't know all the workings of how, I just know it did.

How can existence not exist?? How can you be conscious of non-existence? Notice it's not possible. Everything is happening inside you.

I was not constructing any meaning, in fact I was doing the exact opposite. When thoughts arised, they started forming meaning, this was automatic, but I have stopped them from continuing creating meaning. And that happened trought an extended period of time. After that the abbility to drop all meaning is effortless.

I have not practiced remote viewing, what your talking about requires serious practice, remote viewing is also a very deep topic. Remote viewing was used even in war... It's something you can do because you are non-local consciousness. And that means you can be everywhere at the same time.

@Joseph Maynor Thank you for that analogy it's great.

"Don't get paradigm-locked against thinking, theorizing, or philosophizing." Yes I fully agree with that, it's important to integrate  both ... oneness and duality. But I would like to know if you have any specific things or examples in mind as regarding to when it's appropriate to think, conceptualize and philosophise. This remembered me of the video in which Leo talks about balancing theory vs practice. I agree with your point, it's really important to do that. That's why I have written at the start of the first post - "You are reality, you are in reality".

To get enlightened you need to be reality, dropping all indentifications, step by step, as they keep arising. After a while of doing that you gain the ability of discerment and that allows you to see more clearly what is illusion and what is consciousness. Once you do, you can still get lost, but you can now also always return to nothingness and that is the final liberation. That's the whole point.

2 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

A person who wants to do some social service will need money.

I wonder why Buddha never thought about doing social service using money ? There are thousands of people , Christian missionaries already doing social service using money. A person who has vision will help in raising human consciousness.

11 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

But you need to remember that not only James Randi, there were many other scientists who did research on this subject and none has been proved so far. Much of the research that has been done only indicates that the existence of paranormal is very unlikely.

I am also surprised , how they missed a real psychic after doing lot of research. They might be doing research in a wrong way.  

@Prabhaker  Again, you are looking at only one possibility.. It is like saying there can be no one in this world ever, who has psychic powers and who also needs money to do some extensive social work... Buddha is one human being among trillions and trillions human beings who have ever lived in the planet... 

Right now the population of world is 7 billion. Just look at the probability of a person who has psychic powers and who also needs money for something (again think about for how many things money is needed)...

Shanmugam 

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

I am also surprised , how they missed a real psychic after doing lot of research. They might be doing research in a wrong way.  

Research in wrong way? Read about Jame Randi's research and the research done by other scientists... 

I am suggesting a practical approach to know if something exists or not... The key is not to believe in something or to reject something totally but stay in the middle. 

Shanmugam 

@Shanmugam If your interested in discovering more about actually real people who have been reported to have psychic abilities, find the book "China superphysics" it's realy expensive though. I think 130$.

1 minute ago, Shanmugam said:

a person who has psychic powers and who also needs money for something

A person who has psychic powers will attract many rich people too, they will give him as much money as he wants, why he will bother about these scientists ? There are many god-man in India who attract lot of money even without showing any psychic powers in public, they have plenty of money to do social service, they are far more richer than James Randi. Who will go to people like James Randi for money and invite unnecessary trouble. 

@Prabhaker  Ok.. let me ask you a question.

Do you believe psychic powers exist or do you know psychic powers exist? (I think you know the difference, since you have read Osho)

If you know Psychic powers exist, how do you know?

Shanmugam 

Just now, Shanmugam said:

If you know Psychic powers exist, how do you know?

I met some persons with psychic abilities. I was on a spiritual journey, I started experiencing many things myself. But I was young and financially dependent on my parents, they were psychopaths , they managed to bring me back to so called normal life.

@AleksM  Regarding the remote viewing in army, I guess you are referring to Star Gate project:

"The Stargate Project was terminated and declassified in 1995 after a CIA report concluded that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague, included irrelevant and erroneous data, and there was reason to suspect that its project managers had changed the reports so they would fit background cues" - wiki

We don't have any evidence for non-local consciousness either.It may be true or may not be true. But at this point, there is no certainty.

I myself have lost the separate sense of self long ago, I can easily dissolve my thoughts. There is a feeling of oneness all the time but that doesn't tell me anything about whether consciousness is non local or not. But at this stage, one can easily conclude that consciousness is non-local because of how expansive it feels. It feels limitless and boundless.

Shanmugam 

@Shanmugam Ok.  You and I are in different realities then.  That's ok.   I'm not assuming my perspective is the absolute perspective.  But I don't think I was unclear either.  That's a deep stretch.  Let's not fool ourselves.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Prabhaker  You have seen psychic people, but you couldn't have possibly did an experiment with them under controlled conditions...

I have experienced things myself too. And I did think it was psychic. But I later found out they were not. After thinking them through carefully, I could see they were not true, except a couple of things, which seemed to be just coincidences. There are many alternate explanations for everything we think as psychic. As I explained earlier, sometimes one cannot trust his own experience.

When I did some serious study on the subject, I was amazed to see how much a person can be fooled by himself as well as by others, even though there might not be any intention of fooling.

Anyway, all I am suggesting is, never be too quick in coming into a conclusion. Don't conclude they exist; Don't conclude they don't exist either.

But if you still think you have some strong convincing experience that led you to actually conclude with 100% certainty  (instead of thinking as a possibility) that psychic powers do exist, then I am very interested to hear that experience from you.

Shanmugam 

Interesting post.

Not sure about all the other stuff, but definitely going 24/7 mindfulness beast mode will get you there much quicker. That is the main advantage of monks and doing meditation retreats.

1 hour of daily meditation is not sufficient to really become conscious. That's more like a newbie or maintenance dose.

The issue is not that people don't know how to get to enlightenment fast, it's that they don't really want to. They are busy with life and don't want to drop everything.

Congrats on awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Joseph Maynor  Hey, I just asked you a question. To be honest, I am not good in English because it is not my first language. I didn't really understand this : 'I think you make great points.  It's like -- don't get so wise that your brain liquefies and leaks out of your skull.  You heard that?'

That is why I asked you to elaborate.

Shanmugam 

@Joseph Maynor In fact, I couldn't understand whether you agree or disagree. :). It has not absolutely nothing to do with you, but my poor English comprehension, especially some colloquial or slang phrases.

Shanmugam 

3 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

You have seen psychic people, but you couldn't have possibly did an experiment with them under controlled conditions...

If you are interested I will give you details of my experiences with such persons. I know psychic powers exist, from my own experience. 

Just now, Prabhaker said:

If you are interested I will give you details of my experiences with such persons. I know psychic powers exist, from my own experience. 

oh Yes, definitely interested :). Please go ahead

Shanmugam