Joseph Maynor

Why Is Having An Erect Spine So Important In Meditation?

16 posts in this topic

I don't understand the argument yet, sorry.  Is there some kind of spiritual energy flowing through the spine?  Maybe I don't believe in that energy theory.  So, its no harm no foul for me to continue to meditate laying in my comfy bed, no?  Are we just doing this because it's always been done that way, or is there a reason it is done that way outside of tradition?  I don't like tradition merely for the sake of tradition.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

And it also helps to realize if you are spamming on a forum. Seriously, you just asked the same question hours ago.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

And it also helps to realize if you are spamming on a forum. Seriously, you just asked the same question hours ago.

No, the questions are different.  Go back and read them again if you have to.  Don't accuse people.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Outer said:

Yeah, it's to not fall asleep, stay alert.

I also would like to think it's good for posture and breathing, I mean we're standing straight when walking, so might want to emulate that.

It's fine to make threads like this imo. You can make a gazillion thread if you like, however can compile them in one thread as well.

Maybe I am asking too many questions.  I probably am.  I'll take a break for a couple of days.  Too much of a good thing can be harmful too.  I gotta let things re-harmonize for me so I can integrate my new findings and information.  I'll give you folks an overdue break from my neurosis for a while.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's not about asking questions. Ask as many questions as you like. But don't start a thread for every question as it helps other people when they browse this forum-section.

16 minutes ago, Toby said:

It's not about asking questions. Ask as many questions as you like. But don't start a thread for every question as it helps other people when they browse this forum-section.

Ok.  

55 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Maybe I am asking too many questions.  I probably am.  I'll take a break for a couple of days.  Too much of a good thing can be harmful too.  I gotta let things re-harmonize for me so I can integrate my new findings and information.  I'll give you folks an overdue break from my neurosis for a while.  

Good..?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

57 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Good..?

:(

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Is there some kind of spiritual energy flowing through the spine?  Maybe I don't believe in that energy theory.

There is nothing special in spiritual  energy, it is the life energy, vitality. If you don't believe in it , there in no hurry, you will feel it when your meditation is ripened. 

When you spine is straight , you can breathe properly, you can be more alert. But don't do anything which makes you uncomfortable, when you will grow into a meditator , your posture will improve. Straight spine is helpful, but never torture yourself.

Helps with connection apparently but not as important as they make it. Some of my most profound and deepest experiences were laying back against something, or lying down flat on my back as my spine does not due well either being slightly crooked from young age as after 40-60minutes if i lose or find myself back to concentration and notice the pain i cannot stay much longer. Sometimes i find myself with my back curved and head tilted down but still manage to have some pleasant experiences.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

There is nothing special in spiritual  energy, it is the life energy, vitality. If you don't believe in it , there in no hurry, you will feel it when your meditation is ripened. 

When you spine is straight , you can breathe properly, you can be more alert. But don't do anything which makes you uncomfortable, when you will grow into a meditator , your posture will improve. Straight spine is helpful, but never torture yourself.

Last time, i asked the same question, Leo replied it.. after he Replied my monkey mind starts to bubbles up and monkey minds wants do it perfectly like it gives mo frustration.. but as i continue to meditate i realized something.. to meditate is to Able for you to balance and calm yourself, any frustration it is the monkey mind, just feel the love in your body  smoothly and don't push and be hard on yourself.. prabhaker is definitely correct !!!

On 6/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Neurosis is the first one you must able to conquer .. drop everything you have then you will ready for a fight to your enlightenments journey...  if you have a threat then you are not yet ready... it is up to you.. me.. i will see if i will pursue my study or no... i will see what will happen to my journey after 2months... maybe i will get something here that will able to pursue my whole journey...

Edited by John Iverson

@Joseph Maynor you have never meditated but are thinking about the nature of reality.  just pointing this out.   sit.  meditate properly, at least twice a day for 30 minutes.  at least give yourself a chance to see what you already are.  or forget about this enlightenment stuff, and go back to taking naps.  there's nothing wrong with that either.  'The world needs ditch diggers to Danny. '

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE