Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onacloudynight

Everything Feels Empty (no Motivation)

12 posts in this topic

So the past 2 months I feel as though I have completely lost motivation/desire for anything. Nothing makes me happy anymore, like I feel completely apathetic. I feel empty. I used to be really excited to watch Leo's videos every week and had a ton of motivation to do personal development work. Now I just feel blah and unmotivated. I feel like nothing. I feel like nothing means anything. I can't explain it. I just don't feel like doing anything anymore. I recently lost my virginity because I thought that was the next step of my development, to get better with girls and sex, but I literally felt nothing at all. Sure it was mildly pleasurable, but I felt no deep connection with the girl, which I thought I was in love with. It's bugging me because I don't no what to do now. I think I took the do nothing technique too far.

Edited by onacloudynight

I get this from time to time in varying degrees. I think it's a process of your mind reorganizing itself and reevaluating it's priorities when you start the spiritual path.  You've seen through the facade that particular experiences and acquisitions can give you satisfaction, which is actually a positive step. It's only been two months, but hopefully if you stay on path you will start to experience more authentic motivation and joy in life.

@onacloudynight motivation is not something magical that you get for no reason. 

Before you got it and didnt understand why.

Motivation and desire is ego. And in order to experiance it you need to allow it. 

Enlightenment is freedom from ego and not no-ego. 

On the other side. The suffering due to a lack of motivation and desire is also ego.

Its your choice what you pay attention to. And if you want to live and enjoy life, you need to pay mind to something. :D

Edited by Bob84

@onacloudynight Life's a sandbox. You can do whatever you want and enjoy it. Why be bummed out about this? You have total freedom.

Nothing about spirituality says you should stop enjoying life. Just the opposite. Enjoy it all, including the horrible stuff.

Learn to have great sex and enjoy the hell out of it.

You'll be dead soon, so why waste time moping?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@onacloudynight if you honestly feel unmotivated, and feel satisfied with your life, why even post this question?

Why?

Where is that source of motivation to post this question coming from? What is it? What does it desire?

You do feel motivated to do stuff, except this time its not the empty, hollow, shallow stuff you've been chasing for however long, its stuff that will actually make a difference to your life. Stuff like being in nature, connecting with the universe/you, being compassionate, and all other things that you can't gather and put in your ego like sex, and getting good with x y or z. Its transcendent to human beings.

@onacloudynight Did you have an experience of realizing your true self recently? Or if you will an awakening, enlightenment experience, an experience of oneness or emptyness?

That's how an emotionally closed system feels like, the true self is suppressed and you have no real self to express. Learn to get in touch with your emotions (/your body).

1 hour ago, onacloudynight said:

@WelcometoReality No, I wish. I have been meditating for almost 2 years now, but no big breakthrough yet. I just feel empty.

I don't think you've gone to far with the do nothing technique. I'd continue with it and try to not distract yourself from the empty feeling instead try to embrace it as much as possible, surrender to it.

Sensory overstimulation. Keep being bored its good! It will also make you more focused.