Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Key Elements

Interested In Making Youtube Clips

13 posts in this topic

I'm interested in making fun YouTube clips in a professional manner along with my life purpose.

Any recommendations of books, YouTube channels, clips, resources, etc., that are easy to read and follow?

I like how Ralph does his clips (also Leo too) - simple and professional. 

He disappears in the middle. :)

Thumbnails are the main factor for attracting views (excluding subs and views). I made this today, took 30 seconds  (don't watch it, it would be a waste of time)

Edited by Spiral

I started my You tube channel just by watching others and researching tips and advice. However, it is a process and you will continue to grow and change as you progress along with your videos. 

It's your YouTube channel, so you can do whatever the f# you want with it.

However, it's true that whichever style you develop, your audience is going to expect more of it. If you get a ton of subscribers by doing animated book summaries and then switch to vlogs then they'll get confused as to what you're really about. That doesn't mean you can't change - it's very advisable to improve as you go along to document your journey. 

And that's another key point. You have to focus on giving your followers some value. Why would anyone want to watch your videos? Time is invaluable and we're selfish creatures. What benefit will I gain? Always lead with providing some value, whether that be knowledge, advice, entertainment or practical tutorials.

As for your personal voice or style, find a handful of channels to model. Don't copy them but look at how they frame their videos. Leo is very different from someone like Practical Psychology. Completely different genres and delivery. Once you've decided on your framework or delivery style, then just add your authentic personality to it.

Stay Empowered

Siim

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Hey folks,

Thank you for the tips. I understand that ppl like Teal, Ralph, and Leo are similar because they are doing life coaching / self-actualization with spirituality. However, they are unique in their styles and even the topic. Just because they are doing the same topic, doesn't mean that they're coming up with the same things. We all will walk different paths, no matter what. 

I already have my life purpose. My life purpose led to my current job. That's where I'm at now. What I'm looking for now is a good technique book or info on how to build a good YouTube clip. Of course, I already played around with YouTube a little. I'm planning research more on this - using library, Amazon, YouTube, etc. But, if you know of good resources, much appreciated. 

12 hours ago, Siim Land said:

And that's another key point. You have to focus on giving your followers some value. Why would anyone want to watch your videos? Time is invaluable and we're selfish creatures. What benefit will I gain? Always lead with providing some value, whether that be knowledge, advice, entertainment or practical tutorials.

People, in general, don't value time. Most of the people are surfing Youtube unconsciously and they want drama. You can be the most boring person in the world and still make it.  Just do this:

@HikiNEET You need to have a good life purpose to make great YouTube clips. Here's an example:

If you make lots of money making a cool clip like this:

You may grow old one day viewing your same clip like this:

Not just you but others too.

(They are called 'shooting stars.')

Classical music and certain artists are still visible and famous to the public. Some with no name / no face became famous later for their actions. However, right now we live in a time where there is a better chance to earn with a great life purpose. 

16 hours ago, HikiNEET said:

People, in general, don't value time. Most of the people are surfing Youtube unconsciously and they want drama. You can be the most boring person in the world and still make it.  Just do this:

LOL This guy is a genius.

If I was making this vid, I'd warn the viewrs there would be a number skipped in the course of the count...would make counting along so much more fun :P  

Edited by Natasha

I would highly recommend advice from Roberto Blake on YouTube. I ALSO want to start a YouTube channel but centered around personal development and consciousness(a lot like Leo) but formatted differently and with a different vibe(relaxed). I got a ton of info from him that gave me a good foundation for what to work with. Here would be my top tips mainly from him:

-Tags(use a lot), description(detailed), and title(kinda clickbait) all factor in to how likely a video will show up in related videos and towards the top of a search(SEO stuff). Look into Tubebuddy for this.

-Make sure the quality is good, yes, BUT ensure that you BE CONSISTENT with the content you upload.

-When it comes to editing, WeVideo is a great editor. YouTube also has an editor of its own that does the basics.

-I would start writing scripts for your videos now and have many in advance before you start your channel(things happen in life but you want to remain consistent).

-AdSense is great but find ways to use affiliate marketing(particularly with Amazon), sponsorships, merchandising, and crowdfunding are all great ways to make money as soon as you have more of a following.

-Have a Rocky/Eye of the Tiger moment when you really need it because there will be times when you feel down on your hard work and effort. GOOD LUCK!