AION

Do you take your shoes off in your house?

55 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Joshe said:

This one actually belongs in the conformity thread: Taking shoes off at the front door. 😂

It keeps your house so much cleaner. Your shoes bring in a ton of dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pablo_aka_god said:

Do you clean your dog's paws?

I do - but only once a day. I take her out 3x a day though. I have a shower + sink head with a gooseneck so it makes it easy to swish her feet. But you loose the cheeto feet smell!

3 minutes ago, Jirh said:

On the other hand, letting your shoes into your house allows you to develop a stronger immune system.

Small amounts of bacteria help calibrating and building up body resistance against the same bacteria in large amounts.

Overly sterile environments lead to weaker immune systems.

Yep, agree with this. I suppose if its just the home it is okay - considering we probably have enough pathogens/bacteria we encounter on the daily in the outside world. I could see the practice OP enquires about fuelling some poor souls OCD, though >.<


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eskilon said:

Wearing shoes is leagues above in the conformity tier list

Contemplate, why do you use shoes at all?:D:D 

Who was the mf who infected you with that stupid idea?

Normal shoes deform your feet too, very unhealthy, then you have the big heels on normal men's shoes even, it throws your entire body's posture out of whack, affects almost every joint, every vertebrae, shortens your calves. I wore boots for years and my boot area on my leg is bald it doesnt grow back while I have decent hair on the rest of my leg, and I think they wore away a part of the bone in my big toe, looking at an xray.

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

Yep, agree with this. I suppose if its just the home it is okay - considering we probably have enough pathogens/bacteria we encounter on the daily in the outside world.

Yeah. I have a shoe cabinet inside the house close to the door. Both healthy and practical.

26 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

I could see the practice OP enquires about fuelling some poor souls OCD, though >.<

Exactly my thoughts 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It keeps your house so much cleaner. Your shoes bring in a ton of dust.

The main thing I think about it stepping in front of a Wal-Mart toilet to piss, then carrying all that back into my house. When shit like that happens, I try to find a nice patch of grass to scoot my feet across. lol. But I'm not about to start making it a rule to take my shoes off at the door.

I almost never get sick. I've never had the flu. I've only had colds a few of times in my life. I'm 40. I chalk that up to not being afraid to get dirty. I sit down in the grass and roll around with my dog daily. Then lay down on my mattress if I feel like it. lol Wash everything every two weeks... you're fine. 

Edited by Joshe

What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Normal shoes deform your feet too, very unhealthy, then you have the big heels on normal men's shoes even, it throws your entire body's posture out of whack, affects almost every joint, every vertebrae, shortens your calves. I wore boots for years and my boot area on my leg is bald it doesnt grow back while I have decent hair on the rest of my leg, and I think they wore away a part of the bone in my big toe, looking at an xray.

Yes shoes suck ass you are correct. But after a certain point there’s no more hope for change. My grandmother wears shoes inside cause at this point her structure won’t fix itself going barefoot. It’s just pain relief. I am glad she can relieve the pain with shoes for her last years of life but younglings should stay away so that that doesn’t happen to them in the first place.

I reversed my fucked up feet in my early twenties. It is doable but took at least 3 years to start being functional again. I had duck feet, wrong angle in the knees, atrophied bent toes, the whole shitshow. Fuck shoes, they suck ass.


Sailing on the ceiling 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's funny is every time I started worrying about getting sick from all the elements, that's when I actually did start noticing things and feeling off. It's funny how when I don't worry about it, it doesn't bother me. 

Edited by Joshe

What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rigel Shoes might not be the source of the problem - they could be necessitated by the man man substrates (unnatural) we typically walk on. Could be either or.

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joshe said:

The main thing I think about it stepping in front of a Wal-Mart toilet to piss, then carrying all that back into my house. When shit like that happens, I try to find a nice patch of grass to scoot my feet across. lol. But I'm not about to start making it a rule to take my shoes off at the door.

I almost never get sick. I've never had the flu. I've only had colds a few of times in my life. I'm 40. I chalk that up to not being afraid to get dirty. I sit down in the grass and roll around with my dog daily. Then lay down on my mattress if I feel like it. lol Wash everything every two weeks... you're fine. 

It's not about germs at all. The way you really see the difference is having hard floors, carpet hides everything but it's obviously there too. It produces an unbelievable amount of dust, it gets on everything too not just the floor, it's more dusty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Natasha Tori Maru said:

@Rigel Shoes might not be the source of the problem - they could be necessitated by the man man substrates (unnatural) we typically walk on. Could be either or.

I don’t agree. Concrete is smooth af to a functional foot.


Sailing on the ceiling 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It's not about germs at all. The way you really see the difference is having hard floors, carpet hides everything but it's obviously there too. It produces an unbelievable amount of dust, it gets on everything too not just the floor, it's more dusty.

Good point. I don't have any carpet. I might change my tune if I did. 

Shoes themselves are not responsible for a lot of dust. Obviously, they are hitting surfaces and nothing much is sticking to them. 

They make these things called "rugs" that you place in front of your doors. lol 

Edited by Joshe

What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Yes shoes suck ass you are correct. But after a certain point there’s no more hope for change. My grandmother wears shoes inside cause at this point her structure won’t fix itself going barefoot. It’s just pain relief. I am glad she can relieve the pain with shoes for her last years of life but younglings should stay away so that that doesn’t happen to them in the first place.

I reversed my fucked up feet in my early twenties. It is doable but took at least 3 years to start being functional again. I had duck feet, wrong angle in the knees, atrophied bent toes, the whole shitshow. Fuck shoes, they suck ass.

Ya I think normal heels on men's shoes cause your legs to turn outwards. Very dysfunctional 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rigel said:

I don’t agree. Concrete is smooth af to a functional foot.

Are we meant, or did we evolve, walking on shit that is smooth as fuck?


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it being smooth has anything to do with it. What about the fact that it’s rock hard?

Drop a bouncy ball on concrete and then grass. It will bounce higher on the concrete. All of the extra force reflected on concrete gets sent back, every step, into your knees, hips, back, etc.

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only my indoor shoes 


 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now