LordFall

Cornell 7 Case

4 posts in this topic

It's a pretty wild case and I think it's worth deconstructing from several angles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Cornell_University_rape_allegations

The case has been reopened by a New York District Attorney so you'll be hearing a lot about it in the coming months.

I think there are a lot of problematic behaviours involved and these frat guys were very irresponsible. I think the accusation of gang rape is insane though and many details of the case I was not aware about until I saw a couple of good videos on X this morning about it. 

https://x.com/allie__voss/status/2105310401890041881/video/1

https://x.com/ItsAllPoliticss/status/2105368863932047823/video/1

I think a big elephant in the room is slut shaming and peer pressure; this angle is mostly buried in the mainstream conversations though. I saw texts of her admitting worrying about her reputation and being labelled the campus slut. I would be extremely curious to hear if her family is very religious or if they're sex positive hippies type, I will make the guess that it's the former. It's not that long ago that a woman would be beat and her loved potentially killed if they had sex out of wedlock without their family's approval. 

She also sent texts to the guy saving "everyone needs to grow up cause sexuality and sex and s--- is changing and stuff like this is going to become more common,, I'm also really open minded tho, I luv you king" and "thank u i really appreciate that <3 i’ll bring my cigs tomorrow" after the incident and her starting to switch her story happened after she got disinvited to the Frat Halloween Party since the frat president thought it. She then texted the original guy "I knew this was going to happen. The woman will always get the short end of the stick. Yall aren’t my friends. Yall are covering your asses."

I've seen firsthand women shaming their friend for sleeping with a guy I knew that was a bit unhinged even though I saw them hooking up and it was perfectly consensual but the story still changed afterwards.

Some women are very reputation oriented and can be pressured to make false allegations. It was always recommended to me as dating strategy to never be rude to a woman after you sleep with her and don't ghost her to not make her feel bad and reduce the chance of a false allegation happening.

Once again there are some grey lines here with substance use and inviting other guys to join in on the group sex but you can watch the videos and read the full case if you're curious and make up your own mind on it. 

Since it's reopened its going back in front of a grand jury and both sides will get cross examined further so more details will come out and I think this question will be answered. I think this case is very interesting because it touches on the sex culture of America and it's puritanical roots as well as the very real issue of young people coming of age and experiencing with substances and not understanding what smart sexual conduct looks like. 

Edited by LordFall

Building a global media agency. Follow my progress on Instagram

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an American, this is not so interesting. We need to have patience, let the details and facts present themselves overtime like the videos you posted suggest.

I’ve noticed this post and the one regarding clavicular, you’ve shared your opinions. In both cases, the conclusions seem to be somewhere in between there being horrible conduct and inaccurate accusations, with lots of potential inferences.

I’d suggest being careful. Letting situations or events like these lead to speculation or generalizations of any kind, without knowing the outcomes and with the considered grey areas, may present odd and not age well.

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she is lying, this post basically platforms a terrible narrative about seven guys we probably wouldn’t have even known about and probably do not want this talked about or distributed.

If she wasn’t lying, there are some interesting comments about women and/or general conduct here now.

I proceed with caution on these sorts of things, as most Americans do now. The only thing interesting about this is our media’s ability to capture attention.

The story is as old as time.

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making predictions about the future is notoriously hard but I'm not afraid of being wrong, that's how you learn how the world works. I don't have a definitive conclusion either way but I presented my thought process so I can reflect on my reading of the situation afterwards. This is how the scientific method works.

Studying Law and Criminology are great exercises in applied epistemology: how do you prove something beyond a reasonable doubt?

It's extremely difficult, and it's easy to dismiss our legal system as corrupt for not being perfect; but without studying it, you miss that a lot of humanity's most intelligent people have put their thoughts together to create it, and it holds up civilization globally today.

56 minutes ago, yetineti said:

As an American, this is not so interesting. We need to have patience, let the details and facts present themselves overtime like the videos you posted suggest.

Landmark cases like this shape culture and the justice system for years to come. It's very interesting to me to analyze the psychology of how people are already responding to the case. 

If it comes out that her family is extremely religious and pressured her into reopening the case and the dudes are acquitted, my points on the guys' irresponsible behavior still stand. There are sexual ethics involved and one should be careful when mixing substances even in a 1 on 1 encounter let alone in a group sex scenario.

https://x.com/Aella_Girl/status/2105463140893020398

Aella, a sex researcher, shares her thoughts on how she organizes her own gangbangs here. For anyone interested in participating in a reasonable gangbang, you should lay out the participants beforehand and get everyone tested and boundaries are clearly established beforehand.

It's also important to know that consent can be revoked at any time in an encounter even if it's clearly agreed upon beforehand. In the BDSM community they also teach you about safe words, paying attention to non-verbal cues and regular check ins to make sure all involved are still having a good time. 

Edited by LordFall

Building a global media agency. Follow my progress on Instagram

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now