LordFall

Cornell 7 Case

90 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

You don't understand. You're wasting your time explaining stuff to devout conservatives, they literally, LITERALLY do not think. They're purely emotional, entirely fear based. This is the only method that works.

Not that it's what works for everyone, but this type.

You wouldn’t know what it’s like to not think if you tried.

You really expect me to accept your crap justifications to insulting people? Grow up.

You obviously can’t think yourself if this is the best you can come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yetineti said:

You wouldn’t know what it’s like to not think if you tried.

Show me your method and result then

 

I'm just telling you this for your own sake, you waste a lot with your well intentioned though pointless approach. I couldn't care less what you think of my method, why do you think I would, lmao

Quote

You really expect me to accept your crap justifications to insulting people? Grow up.

 

Quote

You obviously can’t think yourself if this is the best you can come up with.

Lol, this is a good start. Keep at it young padewon. 🫡 

 

 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Show me your method and result then.

This is the example itself. I literally got you to ask for my input, immediately disarming you from the argument. Much better than just insulting you.

Quote

I'm just telling you this for your own sake, you waste a lot with your well intentioned though pointless approach. I couldn't care less what you think of my method, why do you think I would, lmao.

I’ll worry about how I spend my time, thanks. I don’t know what you think you’ve see around here but I’ll usually have a curiosity that sparks my conversations like this. 

@LordFall and I obviously have the best example around here of ‘wasting time.’ Yet, oddly enough I feel closer to him. I never really had a problem either. Was just curious and respect him more now.

I can’t say he feels the same way but then again it was never my goal to be respected or liked by anyone here.

I focus on very specific points and lock in until satisfied, not justify insults because I’ve deemed myself worthy.

Of course, everybody gets a little carried away here.

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yetineti said:

This is the example itself. I literally got you to ask for my input, immediately disarming you from the argument. Much better than just insulting you.

Bro, I said this is only for devout conservatives.  I said to only use it on them

 

Show me you changing a devout conservative

 

You didn't even read what I was saying to you

 

 

You have one approach for everyone, that's like expecting the entire world to speak english. These people literally do not understand you.

 

 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Elliott I think you need to relax.

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Bro, I said this is only for devout conservatives.  I said to only use it on them.

Doesn’t matter. Poor strategy.

Quote

Show me you changing a devout conservative.

I’m not Jesus, bro. But Willy hasn’t piped in for a few minutes and his last message at least asked what he was missing. That’s more progress than you made.

Quote

You didn't even read what I was saying to you.

I am not your enemy.

 

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You have one approach for everyone, that's like expecting the entire world to speak english. These people literally do not understand you.

You’re just straw manning me now :(

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yetineti said:

@Elliott  his last message at least asked what he was missing. That’s more progress than you made.

Uh.... buddy, that wasn't to you

Quote

I am not your enemy.

 

Guy, you're the one that attacked me with insults, I've said nothing disparaging to you.

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yetineti said:

You’re just straw manning me now :(

Elaborate

What are your strategies/methods then?

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Uh.... buddy, that wasn't to you

Haha, okay.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Guy, you're the one that attacked me with insults, I've said nothing disparaging to you.

Interesting take. Let’s see you quote where that happened. I haven’t insulted you. Relax. I said we’re not enemies because you’re getting more and more worked up.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Elaborate

What are your strategies/methods then?

For what? Proving a point? I don’t try to prove points. That’s step one. Step two is meeting a person where they’re at, respectfully. The points make themselves in step three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, yetineti said:

Haha, okay.

 

 

 

Quote

Interesting take. Let’s see you quote where that happened. I haven’t insulted you. Relax. I said we’re not enemies because you’re getting more and more worked up.

This quote below is an insult

1 hour ago, yetineti said:

? Grow up.

You obviously can’t think yourself if this is the best you can come up with.

I'm not "worked up" at all, by the way. This is called Solipsistic Introjection, what you're doing, by the way, if you're interested in understanding, its a trick your brain plays on you.

 

 

 

 

Quote

For what? Proving a point? I don’t try to prove points. That’s step one. Step two is meeting a person where they’re at, respectfully. The points make themselves in step three.

no, to teach me, like ive asked you 3 times to..... just give the names of your strategies/methods

I know one, respectful dialogue;  what's number 2?

I agree respectful dialogue should be used first and works for communicating with many people. I don't believe it works with Big Willy here

 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Elliott

What you quoted was not an insult. It was conditional and based off of you actually telling someone they can’t think. That is quite unfair of you.

I’m not going to be able to teach you any of this at the moment, sorry. I’m not a teacher and I find your ability for nuance somewhat limited here.

I think respectful dialogue is the best focus for you before trying to make any points or be cheeky.

And I’m sorry you feel that way about Willy. As you can see I certainly don’t advocate for a ‘sunshine and rainbows’ approach. I am very firm. I am very precise.

Read ‘Thank You for Arguing’ or I’ve heard ‘Nonviolent Communication’ is another good one but I haven’t read that yet.

I’m not trying to not engage with you, but basically if that’s your stated belief about Willy, I’m not in the game of convincing people.

If you were in more of a ‘Shit how could I have thought that was a viable means of communication’ position—you’d be a lot easier to help.

It is fascinating to have someone ask me numerous times how I get others to engage or be more open, though.

Maybe I’ll just ask you, what was it about me that lead you to ask me questions on how I think? Maybe that’s your answer.

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Willy Phallicus

Your skepticism is honestly fair and your methods of analysis as well. The problem is the sprinkling of assumptions and underlying impatience to receive an official verdict.

If you want to challenge the official result, I’d at least wait for it.

Also, if I may, your views on women or some behavior in general is questionable in and of itself.

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yetineti said:

@Elliott

What you quoted was not an insult. It

AI

 

"Yes, this is an insult.

The phrase is condescending and directly attacks your intelligence and maturity.

Here is a breakdown of why it is offensive:

"Grow up": This dismisses your perspective by implying you are acting like a child or lack emotional maturity.

"You obviously can’t think [for] yourself": This is an insult to your intellect. It accuses you of being incapable of independent thought or original reasoning.

"if this is the best you can come up with": This belittles your effort or argument, framing your ideas as a complete failure.

"

Quote

I’m not going to be able to teach you any of this at the moment, sorry. I’m not a teacher and I find your ability for nuance somewhat limited here.

I didn't ask you to teach it. I asked you to teach me what they were, just listing them

 

1. Is respectful discourse

 

What is #2. ? Just the name, just list some or any other communication concept, their names, not their explanations.

 

 

This is a rhetorical question, I know you're not going to list anything. Keep wasting your time on these guys then for all I care, I tried to help you.

 

 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

AI

"

Yes, this is an insult.

The phrase is condescending and directly attacks your intelligence and maturity.

Here is a breakdown of why it is offensive:

"Grow up": This dismisses your perspective by implying you are acting like a child or lack emotional maturity.

"You obviously can’t think [for] yourself": This is an insult to your intellect. It accuses you of being incapable of independent thought or original reasoning.

"if this is the best you can come up with": This belittles your effort or argument, framing your ideas as a complete failure.

All of the statements were responses or a play on words of worse comments that you made lol.

Also, my comments were conditional. You stated yours although they are fact.

I said grow up because you are justifying insulting people, that is textbook immaturity.

And frankly, now it is clear there is more work to do than just not insulting people.

You have a whole victim complex, it seems.

I don’t know how anyone could have the audacity to make the claims you’re making now—wow.

I think I’m probably done responding to this bad faith conversation. Thanks.

 

 

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yetineti said:

All of the statements were in responses to worse comments that you made.

My comments were also conditional, your’s were stated as fact.

I said grow up because you are justifying insulting people, that is textbook immaturity.

And frankly, now it is clear there is more work to do than just not insulting people.

You have a whole victim complex, it seems.

I don’t know how anyone could have the audacity to make the claims you’re making now—wow.

 

 

 I didnt say that, that was AI, do you have another AI you prefer I ask?

 

Here's it's response to your reply

"

This reply escalates the conflict and combines personal insults with psychological labeling. While they argue they were defending themselves, their language is designed to demean you.

Here is a breakdown of what they are doing in this response:

Deflecting Accountability: By stating their comments were in response to worse comments that you made, they are trying to justify their hostility by shifting the blame entirely onto you.

"Textbook immaturity": They are doubling down on their original insult by explicitly labeling your behavior as immature.

"You have a whole victim complex": This is a personal attack. Instead of addressing the actual argument, they are using pop-psychology to label your character and invalidate your feelings.

"Audacity... wow": This phrasing is intended to shame you and make you feel unreasonable for standing up for yourself.

Even if a disagreement happened beforehand, this reply is not a constructive defense. It is an aggressive, hostile message meant to make you look bad and make them feel superior."

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this is why I waste my time as some of you think: I now know another legitimate conversational ‘dead-end.’ 

I like to take notice of progress in conversations, what makes them engaging, where they end, etc.

I find it useful interpersonally and in general for relating or understanding concepts.

Of course, like any pursuit, there is failure. This conversation seems to be failing, unless proved otherwise.

Edited by yetineti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yetineti said:

e. This conversation seems to be failing, unless proved otherwise.

No, I believe you learned a valuable lesson or two. And would you look at that, I never disparaged you once even though you did me 😇 

 

👹 (this is me, not you. I am THE Devil)

 

 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

 I didnt say that, that was AI, do you have another AI you prefer I ask?

 

Here's it's response to your reply

"

This reply escalates the conflict and combines personal insults with psychological labeling. While they argue they were defending themselves, their language is designed to demean you.

Here is a breakdown of what they are doing in this response:

Deflecting Accountability: By stating their comments were in response to worse comments that you made, they are trying to justify their hostility by shifting the blame entirely onto you.

"Textbook immaturity": They are doubling down on their original insult by explicitly labeling your behavior as immature.

"You have a whole victim complex": This is a personal attack. Instead of addressing the actual argument, they are using pop-psychology to label your character and invalidate your feelings.

"Audacity... wow": This phrasing is intended to shame you and make you feel unreasonable for standing up for yourself.

 

Even if a disagreement happened beforehand, this reply is not a constructive defense. It is an aggressive, hostile message meant to make you look bad and make them feel superior."

Putting situational context into an AI without it having access to either of our motives is somewhat unfair. 

I ran the same conversation through it, mentioned what I said about my comments being in response to your comments and AI ‘realized’ it wasn’t as bad as you’re making it sound.

And I’m sure I could prompt it to give me any other result as well.

When you consider my statements for themselves and determine their logical conclusion, internally, I will reengage.

Until then, I prefer conversation with people that know immediately whether I’ve insulted them, without the help of a chatbot.

—

Kids these days are going to be so semantic you can’t even make a cheeky comment without them pulling AI on you?!? Like maybe self reflect why someone is saying what they’re saying before you ask an AI to act like it knows exactly what something is despite not experiencing it and having extremely limited context, comparatively, JFC lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

No, I believe you learned a valuable lesson or two. And would you look at that, I never disparaged you once even though you did me 😇 

 

👹 (this is me, not you. I am THE Devil)

 

 

You’ve taught me not to engage with you in the future, thanks. That is what I learned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yetineti said:

Putting situational context into an AI without it having access to either of our motives is somewhat unfair. 

I ran the same conversation through it, mentioned what I said about my comments being in response to your comments and AI ‘realized’ it wasn’t as bad as you’re making it sound.

And I’m sure I could prompt it to give me any other result as well.

When you consider my statements for themselves and determine their logical conclusion, internally, I will reengage.

Until then, I prefer conversation with people that know immediately whether I’ve insulted them, without the help of a chatbot.

—

Kids these days are going to be so semantic you can’t even make a cheeky comment without them pulling AI on you?!? Like maybe self reflect why someone is saying what they’re saying before you ask an AI to act like it knows exactly what something is despite not experiencing it and having extremely limited context, comparatively, JFC lmao.

I said it was an insult, you said it wasn't,  so THEN I asked AI.

 

Post your AI response, learn me real good Coach

 

 

 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now