r0ckyreed

What car do you recommend?

89 posts in this topic

@Davino

Yes, I would have to agree with Leo in the sense that Lexus/Toyota make the best practical efficient vehicles for everyday people, but are considered boring mass market econoboxes in the car enthusiast community.

@OmniNaut If that is your sole reason for choosing that over the mini, in a sense would you say that is sort of conforming to non-conformity?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coca said:

 

Yes, I would have to agree with Leo in the sense that Lexus/Toyota make the best practical efficient vehicles for everyday people, but are considered boring mass market econoboxes in the car enthusiast community

It depends on tastes, but when I buy a car I want it to last long. I want something well done in general.

I might buy a Chinese car in the meantime though, they're extraordinary price quality wise. Like an Omoda 5. I don't need anything more really.


God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty.  We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes Wise, Virtuous and AWAKE. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life GOD is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, because The Sun shines through All: Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lexus is a great upper end car. You really don't need anything fancier.

Toyota and Telsa designs are nothing alike. Tesla is minimalist and Toyota has a bunch of busy, cheap, needless lines. Toyota is making some of ugliest cars today.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The interior makes a big difference for me.

Also with cars you have to factor in service costs.

As soon as you go euro parts are harder to come by. Less alternatives and more OEM only. Services can be HUGE - routine minor and major at certain km %/number.

This is where Toyota, Subaru etc and a lot of the asian makers have a huge advantage.

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura Do these not look alike to you?

 

From a practical/value standpoint it definitely does not make sense to get anything fancier than a Lexus, but after researching the higher end of luxury vehicles I can say that the attention to detail, style, level of comfort, performance, quietness and quality are on a completely different level in comparison with something like a Rolls Royce. 

IMG_2884.jpeg

IMG_2885.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, coca said:

Do these not look alike to you?

They do not. And you took a tame version of a Toyota design. Toyota has much worse designs on the roads.

I have a negative view of all extravagant luxury goods. So, no, I do not salivate over a Rolls Royce.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They do not.

How would you say the styling differs?

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And you took a tame version of a Toyota design. Toyota has much worse designs on the roads.

You mean like this one? It’s funny I actually picked this car out with my mother back in 2016, I still love the design I think it’s really unique, futuristic, and still looks modern 10 years later. 

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have a negative view of all extravagant luxury goods. So, no, I do not salivate over a Rolls Royce.

What’s your argument against extravagant luxury goods?

I have more of a love/hate relationship with extravagant luxury goods, on one hand I appreciate the design and craftsmanship, and on the other hand I feel like they are overpriced and attract unsavory characters/communities in society. 

IMG_2886.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, coca said:

Yes! That is the devil on 4 wheels.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now