Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Karmadhi

How to grow from Stage Green into Stage Yellow politics

6 posts in this topic

Hello

I wanted to quickly mention to you a bit of my journey and also the reasoning for this post

I come from a middle income country in Eastern/Southern Europe and have been living in Western Europe for more than 9 years now

I am in my late 20s and I like learning and am into self improvement

When I first found Leo's Youtube Channel it was right during Covid period, I was in my early 20s

It really resonated with me, all his work 

Especially the topics about epistemic work and spiral dynamics (although I enjoyed all of his work except the metaphysic topics which I found too advanced)

At the time I was pretty solid Orange with some Green and Blue

In time, I wanted to quickly race to stage Green and finally Yellow

I saw it as a video game where you level up and was very motivated

In time after a list of personal achivements, what happened was the beginning of evolving towards Green

Hanging out with green friends, living in a very green city and also some solid psychadelic trips made me more Green

Success seemed less important and things like peace and enjoying small things mattered more

Especially travelling which became a big hobby

It was not without challenges as I had quite some work to do, especially when it came to dating and gender topics.

I have to admit, I fell to some extent for Tate stuff (although I could always tell it was fishy) and was into some parts of the Red Pill when I started the journey to Green.

It had to be outgrew.

When it come to politics, I noticed I started becoming more and more into a SJW

Not a radical one, but for sure quite solid leftist

I was always a leftie, but still had a pretty centrist Eurocentric liberal worldview where x country good and y bad

With time, this started to fade away and things like social justice, interntional law and basic human decency became the cornerstone of how I judged matters when it came to politics

Pragmatism was replaced by Idealism

Some may call it naive, some may call it part of conscientious progress

The point is that I can feel it is somewhat limited

Leo has personally scolded me here a few times about it

Not to mention i feel it does not make me very happy to have such views while I see so much of what I personally view as evil

Therefore, i wanted to ask here how I can become more Yellow, more neutral

Grow into a more balanced approach

Or am I too young and should chill in solid green for years before starting to aspire the Yellow leap?

Going to Green from Orange was different journey because I already live in a pretty green city and could interact with green people.

But when it comes to Yellow, I feel quite alone.

I cannot even sometimes tell Yellow from Orange

They both seem as pragmatic, ruthless and insensitive to me sometimes.

I would say I have been into Green for 2 years now (give or take)

What do you think?

I am asking here for advice but also to share my journey since I am quite active here and I feel many of the people that use this sub-group know me by now

Edited by Karmadhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say don't rush through Green. There's still a lot to explore. Keep learning about Stage Yellow perspectives from a conceptual standpoint (Leo's political videos are a good start), and eventually you'll move beyond Green effortlessly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start with considering in what ways conservatives are actually right.


"Finding your reason can be so deceiving, a subliminal place. 

I will not break, 'cause I've been riding the curves of these infinity words and so I'll be on my way. I will not stay.

 And it goes On and On, On and On"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can have high moral reactivity and still see clearly. You don't necessarily need to drop it. You just need to expand your thinking and to care about getting an accurate view of the map. 

Most people develop lower or more calibrated reactivity as a consequence of living several decades. Some people are born with low reactivity. 10 years from now you'll very likely be less reactive without any intentional effort on your part. Low moral reactivity is largely a byproduct of temperament + age/maturity, not some sophisticated next level unlock.

If emotionality prevents clear seeing, that's a problem, but you won't find the solution by studying SD/Green/Yellow. Seems to me the solution would be to practice regulating while exposing yourself to people, situations, or ideas that you're inclined to judge, and reflect upon those experiences. It seems like a very basic skill to acquire for those who actually want it. 

Seeing clearly is largely a matter of acquiring, observing, connecting, and judging data objectively. You can do all that and be high in moral reactivity at the same time. This nuance seems lost on many self-appointed Yellow folk. 

Careful not to let people gaslight you with something like "your reasoning is tainted because you're green". It often goes like this: someone states a position, then a self-appointed yellow person sees the position is flawed and if they detect emotional charge, they lazily chalk up your bad reasoning to being Green. When in reality, your reasoning may have been faulty because you were simply missing some key data or failed to consider a variable. 

An error can have many causes. So keep an eye out for people quick to use that cheap heuristic. It's more often than not them pulling rank on you(childish status games), not them trying to improve your thinking. If they wanted to improve your thinking, they'd actually highlight and explain your error rather than pull rank on you. This is one of the more toxic things that occurs here. 

Edited by Joshe

What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is nearly impossible, it might happen some day, but even the most spiritual communities are full of green, look at Osho and his cult, it was a very green like society, but definitely not yellow or purple, maybe a few individuals in it, but mainly not. So even if one of the biggest spiritual communes couldn't create a yellow society at a small scale, how is it gonna be done at big scale? This seems way beyond what humanity is capable of at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice would be to switch from politics as a form of personal expression to politics as a means to end. From ideals to reality as it is. From shoulds to coulds.

Also, learn about human nature and how it actually works. Why people are evil and why society operates like it does and stages of development. It should jade you to green ideals as a blunt solution to the world's problems. You need to be blackpilled some more. 

But you don't need to force yourself into yellow. Just be curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0