h inandout

Dream Work

17 posts in this topic

Saw a snake in my dream last night and because of the startling nature of the image, first I realized I shouldn't be eating bread anymore (I wasn't recognizing the signs conciously).  And that the reason that I have failed to land a career is because the little child in me still hasn't accepted the responsibility and priviledge of actually earning an adequate income.  Mostly because my mom chastised me for having low self esteem because that was a quality that she left in me and doesn't like in herself and is thusly projecting her self hate onto me.  Now I can begin the important work of encouraging and loving and embracing that inner child, because anything less than loving her would be dishonest.

Tell me that writing down your dreams isn't a valuable tool. Lol.  

Edited by h inandout

I dunno. I never give value to dreams. Sometimes I dream about my crush loool. That was a long time ago. But I have nightmare where bad stuff happens also. I trust my intuition tho. Somehow the day that I woke up,I knew that my uncle was in danger,in fact 2 minutes after that I heard he was dead lool. Traumatising memory for me it was when I was 16. 

But dont give meaning to the dreams,theyre just subconscious or fear etc. 

And yes,earn that confidence for yourself girl. Dont listen to anyone! (Not that theyre trying to hurt u but they have their own stories)

I write down a lot of relatively superficial dreams too.  The point of the exercize is to allow those patterns of small malaises to emerge and cohear, and to also be in the habit of it for when you mind really is trying to tell you something big.  Big dreams keep us from living petty lives.  It also makes life more magical and mystical in a realistic way.

Edited by h inandout

@h inandout This thread has reminded me of a dream log book which has been put away for many years. Thanks for the reminder.

The initial purpose was to try and interpret the dreams. But then (and again now) is simply to log down anything that I felt/thought was a powerful impression for future artworks.

Now that art is becoming a rediscovery for me, I will restart referring to that log book a bit more.

Here is a dream I had many years ago which means a lot to me, though others don't seem to grasp it. I started, and then stopped, this painting many years ago. I will finish it one day. It is a dream image which suddenly presented itself for many minutes. The skin was gold-like and all the scars represent healed errors yet not forgotten. The light within the eye is the grace of redemption.

IMG_0885b-sml.jpg

Rhodiola supplement gives really weird dreams

i would use this herb to hack into subconcious world, but i can't simply decrypt what is happening!!

how would you derive this knowledge about yourself from the image of a snake?

I remember most of my dreams, never really write them down but i think they are very important for our spiritual growth as many times i have lived in the future and seen it in dreams then it occurs in life weeks, months or years later where i would usually mistake it for a deja vu.

At times i would dream of old friends and when i did finally go see them or talk to them we had a great time and those dreams usually stopped occurring. Other times i had leeches often that indicated i had to cut out some energy vampire friends.

Herbs and Herbal teas do seem to enhance dreams for me as well especially chamomile, when i was young my mother gave me chamomile tea with lemon and raw honey 3 times a day and every night i slept i had the most magical dreams, so vibrant, so real, i remembered dreams within dreams, characters within dreams, lucid dreams, astral traveling ect..

As i got older i got hooked more into technology, junk food, and trying to fit in society as well as lack of nature and become less free spirited and more socially constructed when things started to get dark and memory and connection to dreams started to fade.

These last few years that i am taking more care of my mind & body they have opened up again and becoming more alive and meaningful :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

God communicates in dreams, they're important for spiritual work 

@Visitor that's beautiful!  I would love to see what happens if you feel called to finish that painting, like maybe even just finish defining the lids, and put it out into the world to see who's attention it catches?  Such striking symbology come out of attunement with subtler sub-concious energies...

On 5/26/2017 at 1:15 AM, General 2 said:

i would use this herb to hack into subconcious world, but i can't simply decrypt what is happening!!

Thanks for the rhodiola tip.  I am not sure how all these realizations amalgamated, but it was something about the seductive black slipery energy of the snake that brought me into a really subtle enchantment with death, which - don't ask me how - allowed for my intellectual awareness of the terror that has been my battle with self-esteem and mom issues to go to a mystically, emotionally experienced whole awareness so that it could actually be an obstacle of support to my purpose on this journey rather than being an annoyance that I know but don't get.  This is my interpretation based on where my mind-body-spirit has taken me.

On 5/29/2017 at 6:27 PM, pluto said:

I remember most of my dreams, never really write them down but i think they are very important for our spiritual growth as many times i have lived in the future and seen it in dreams then it occurs in life weeks, months or years later where i would usually mistake it for a deja vu.

At times i would dream of old friends and when i did finally go see them or talk to them we had a great time and those dreams usually stopped occurring. Other times i had leeches often that indicated i had to cut out some energy vampire friends.

Herbs and Herbal teas do seem to enhance dreams for me as well especially chamomile, when i was young my mother gave me chamomile tea with lemon and raw honey 3 times a day and every night i slept i had the most magical dreams, so vibrant, so real, i remembered dreams within dreams, characters within dreams, lucid dreams, astral traveling ect..

As i got older i got hooked more into technology, junk food, and trying to fit in society as well as lack of nature and become less free spirited and more socially constructed when things started to get dark and memory and connection to dreams started to fade.

These last few years that i am taking more care of my mind & body they have opened up again and becoming more alive and meaningful :)

Deja vu, whether in the 3rd dimension or in the dream space, to me means: pay attention! Your being is creating repetative experiences to inform you that it is time to integrate what has been learned in between and move into the next karmic cycle.

That's cool you could have such vivid experiences.  The reason I've been getting into this really is because I've been listening to Michael Meade's album on Fate and Destiny.  Michael Meade's work is a lot like that of Joseph Campbell in using myth to inform our journey.  His extensive body of work really suggests that when we are in touch with our big dreams we are being guided back to our deep self, and our truer sense of connection to oneness and conversely to our seperate purposes.

there's a strange phenomena going on in my dreams lately...

a person that is very defensive towards me in real life always appears friendly to me when i see her in my sleep. this happened 2 times for sure.

on the other hand, there's another person who i think is positive towards me, and whenever i see her in my dreams we either fight or she says unpleasant things.

i'm wondering, what is it - my subconsious picking real vibes off them? or is it just a reflection of how i want them to feel about me?

who might have experienced something like this?

On 5/24/2017 at 11:36 AM, h inandout said:

Saw a snake in my dream last night and because of the startling nature of the image, first I realized I shouldn't be eating bread anymore (I wasn't recognizing the signs conciously).  And that the reason that I have failed to land a career is because the little child in me still hasn't accepted the responsibility and priviledge of actually earning an adequate income.  Mostly because my mom chastised me for having low self esteem because that was a quality that she left in me and doesn't like in herself and is thusly projecting her self hate onto me.  Now I can begin the important work of encouraging and loving and embracing that inner child, because anything less than loving her would be dishonest.

Tell me that writing down your dreams isn't a valuable tool. Lol.  

The snake is the archetypal image of the feminine and relates to the material world. This is because the snake is the animal that is closest to the ground. So, it represents worldly things and mother Earth. It's also why Christianity and other masculine 'Father-God' religions has labeled the snake as a bad and corrupting influence because those religions see the material world as inherently negative and sinful. As a result, the feminine is also repressed and seen as negative and sinful. These two attitudes relate. Anything that's anti-matter is also anti-feminine.

However, if you look to other cultures that are poly-theistic, the snake has a similar meaning but a completely different connotation. For example, in Hinduism the snake still represents the feminine and the material world. But these are not viewed as negative things as they are recognized as being "one" with the masculine principle and the void and spiritual world. Much like Eve comes from Adam's rib, the material world is an outgrowth and expression of the spiritual world.

So, the snake is seen as the waiting potential of the material world that can then rise up to be one with the masculine as portrayed in images of Shakti and Shiva in sexual embrace. The material is the feminine that is always pregnant with the essence of the masculine and spiritual. They are one thing. So, when the Kundalini serpent rises to the crown chakra, this is enlightenment. There are also depictions of the snake in ancient Egyptian culture, where images of powerful figures wearing golden headpieces that depict a risen serpent also denote enlightenment and the connection of the material world to the spiritual world. So, archetypally, this is what the snake represents. So, a snake on the ground is all about the material world, which relates back to finances and survival, sexuality and the sense of individual self-ness. A snake moving in a vertical direction represents a connection to the spiritual world and a merging of the feminine material and the masculine spiritual to create the divine child that results from enlightenment.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 26/05/2017 at 9:15 AM, General 2 said:

I had a dream once that a huge huge snake eats up one of my colleagues at work. I think snake would represent Kundalini no? The guy was always with really good spine posture btw.

I was in this swamp place with 2 of my colleagues inside the dream. I was further away and first saw the snake. But I was so afraid, because I didn't know it's a dream. So there I was, I could have shouted to save their lives, but instead I couldn't speak out of fear. Then the snake ate one of my colleagues while the other escaped. 

After that I tried to hide, so I entered some underground whole and stayed there :D It was more scary than the snake.

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Okay, so that long ago dream was a reflection of the things going on.  It was actually the mustard and bread that comes out of my palms that was giving me issues, which is basically a sign of excessive fire exiting the system: aka dehydration.  The snake came from listening to that black mamba song by glass animals.  As for my mom, I will always have problems with my mom.  I actually had a blue yarrow-induced dream recently where a mother had buried her child alive.  Same concept.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:01 AM, Shohrat Shankar said:

Nothing more!

I disagree.  Sometimes we need a potent dream to get us out of our identification with thinking patterns to have a look from the outside.

@Dodo I have problems with screaming in dreams even in immanent danger.  Maybe we self-defense classes to release that gut-level powerlessness that keeps us down?

@h inandout im a very quiet guy in the first place. Those lessons at best will just make me whoop the snake's ass with some aikido, still in silence tho ?

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

I had a really interesting dream this morning, it was sorta lucid i was aware i was dreaming so started to "do things" less on autopilot mode and started to freeze the dream world with my words or quiet it down with my thoughts and manipulate a bit here and there, it would stop for a moment and go completely silent, then start again like it was a ride and the gears just jammed a bit then started again. I noticed some doubts had grew and i could not manipulate as effectively as i once did and then knowing it was a dream i chose to wake up. I woke up with the rest of the group whoever they were still sleeping in this dream, sorta like Inception when one wakes up before the others and all participating in the same dream, a few close faces so i assumed this was some sort of soul-mate group or family. The weird thing is when i did notice i woke up i already knew i was still in a dream and didn't actually wake up and then i really chose to wake up and there i am on my bed saying to myself wow that was interesting, time to go back and dig deeper. I turned to my other side and entered the same dream within the dream and again later woke up only to wake up to the secondary dream then a third time to actually wake up again. Talk about psychedelic...

Also within this dream within the dream was like a school or university of some sort and we were all walking around exploring this realm yet it was more telepathic then verbal and when i would manipulate this dream they would all stop and look at me then carry on pretending they never saw me manipulate it.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E