Siim Land

Going No Alcohol

14 posts in this topic

2 years ago I stopped drinking alcohol. Not because I had bad habits but because I simply felt like I didn't need it anymore. 

I used to drink maybe 1-2 times per month before quitting completely but I saw rapid improvements in everything I did immediately.

There’s still quite a big difference between drinking a little bit VS not at all.

• First off, you don’t have to think about it at all. You don’t have to spend cognitive resources on it either. Your mind just gets this massive amount of open space.
  • Secondly, your thinking is so clear…just so clear…all the time. No alcohol -> no hangovers -> no problems. (Shocking, I know!)
  • Thirdly, being no alcohol is also a great way of personal development. You're forced to become an interesting person in social environments and have to overcome the fear of talking to others. 
  • Fourth, not drinking alcohol forces you to be authentic all the time. You can’t hide behind your drunkness or lack thereof. Every improvement you make in your life is conscious because you’re aware of your own behaviour and the progress you’re making.

I don’t want you to think that I’m condemning those who drink alcohol. It’s just a personal choice I’ve made and I’m not judging.

In fact, drinking occasionally can actually be good for you.
Studies have shown that having a glass of red wine a few times per week increases life span and improves longevity.

Here are the benefits of NO ALCOHOL after 2 years (quickly experienced)

•  Increased focus – I don’t have to waste cognitive resources on thinking about it. 
  • Clear skin – holy sh#t! I don’t know what the fck people are talking about when it comes to blisters or zits or acne because I hardly ever get something like that. 
  • Effortless fat loss - Whenever you consume alcohol, your body will prioritise getting rid of it. This will shut off other metabolic processes almost entirely, meaning, the food you eat with alcohol is more likely to be converted directly into fat. BOOM! 
  • Abundant energy all the time – first off, there are no hangovers, but you also increase your overall energy levels.
  • More assertiveness – you begin to take massive action. Because you’re not wasting your precious vitality and energy on metabolising alcohol and curing brain fog, you have so many extra resources at your disposal.

Sacrificing alcohol is not difficult for me because it helps me to live a much more fulfilling life in the other things that I do.

That is why hereby I challenge you to pick up the challenge and go no alcohol for 30 days. Just quit it for the time being and see how it turns out. Trust me, it can only benefit you.

I have also made a video about this on my YouTube channel and I would appreciate if you would check it out. 

-

Thanks!

Stay Empowered
Siim

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Didn't drink or smoke in 8 years, people think I'm 20 :P

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Good stuff

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's weird. I gave up everything toxic in terms of drugs, boozes, and fags over the period of 2 years. Last substance I gave up was alcohol last July. I felt way more crazy after giving them up for a period of 6-8 months, along with doing mediation and stuff. I felt like I was  going insanse. With more brain fog and emotional pain. I hope it gets better. I think I am coming out of it now. 

Edited by Huz

I'm considering doing the same thing, I've reduced my drinking like 90% since discovering personal development, but I think doing this and going cold turkey would be a great option!

@Joel3102 Yes, you'll never be prepared for it. I think quitting alcohol doesn't have as severe withdrawal symptoms as caffeine, fapping or video games do because most people aren't drinking daily anyway. So, it's just a matter of mindset and taking the plunge. The biggest obstacle is definitely giving in to social expectations and judgements. "What do you mean you're not drinking anymore?"  Your friends will try to convince you and bait you into drinking again but if you're gonna try no alcohol, then you have to hold strong. If other people can't come to terms with your decision then, well, I think we all know what that means...

@Huz Did you pick up any other habits as a substitute? You might be compensating for it by eating less ideal food or anything else.

Body Mind Empowerment 

I used to drink often and smoked a lot. The minute I found out I was pregnant I stopped immediately and almost 7 years later I still haven't touched any alcohol or cigarettes and it feels great to be free like that! And a nice side-effect: you save a ton of money, too.

2 hours ago, Siim Land said:

Did you pick up any other habits as a substitute? You might be compensating for it by eating less ideal food or anything else.

Yep. The main one is food and over thinking like crazy. I noticed that my cravings for sugar went up massively. It is interesting. I was a fat boy. Then I lost 20kgs. But after that period on hard workouts, I started drinking heavily. My addications for sweets and sugar hid under the booze. When I stopped drinking they have come back with a bang haha.

Edited by Huz

@Siim Land Yes, my friends will definitely roast me... but it'd be a good chance to learn to not care :P

Australian culture isn't particularly welcoming to those who decide to go sober.

Edited by Joel3102

Excellent as always Siim!

The more you stay away the more you notice how ego-feeding and toxic alcohol actually is, it literally makes you become like an unaware drone with regular use. I stopped 1 year ago but i have had a few beers on special occasions but that's about it. Last time was few months ago at my mates 25th.

Although the more deeper into my authenticity i go once again the less i want to touch it ever again, it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

B R E A T H E

@Huz The issue isn't the particular thing you're craving as it seems you'll always go round to some substance or another. The problem is in wanting to get stimulated and conditioning your brain to be satisfied with nothing else.

It's a habit also known as the "bliss point" - the optimal amount of stimulus that causes happiness. The bliss point is subjective - an obese person can't get enough satisfaction from vegetables because of their taste buds are used to processed carbs, whereas a fitness enthusiast can love those same greens. This same principle applies to money, possessions, sex, comfort and so on.

What's the solution? You have to just simply quit it coldly - that's the only way of liberating yourself from the attachment and cravings. Fasting is another great trick. That's what you essentially need to do to overcome any addiction - fast.

@Joel3102 Damn, it's definitely a lot harder as an Aussie. They do love to drink with the mates if you know what I mean.

@pluto Thanks! Yes, with increasing awareness you begin to do more of what's good for you effortlessly. 

Thanks!

Body Mind Empowerment 

@Siim Land Perfect timing for me. And I love your bropothesis - rings very true! 

nothing is anything

We had a thread about quitting alcohol over at the health forum, not too long ago.
Check it out if you want the How to. ^_^