Malelekakis

Give Up.there Is No Such Thing As Enlightenment

32 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Malelekakis said:

maybe i will someday,but i do it out of love,or maybe out of ignorance,but it is my calling and im willing to express my poor little perception  <3

Anything can arise. ANYTHING. It just happens. There's nothing to give up. The illusion is that what is arising is you. The best thing is that there is no way that you should or shouldn't act, because should or shouldn't is irrelevant to what happens. Thinking otherwise is where judgment enters.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

Just realized something very obvious.
There is nothing inside you unless an experience happens in your body.
Even then, it's an experience happening in something else, the experience can't be this something else.

Interesting ...

@zazed I'm a ghost ... This is cool actually :P

@zazed Oh men, I have no idea what I am, I'm completely lost.
This week-end will be interesting, only self-inquiry, meditation and observation in silence of nature/society :3

I need to know ...

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin the body experience happens in consciousness. when you feel something, don't do anything, not accept, not reject, just be awareness and be conscious of where it goes. consciousness is conscious and aware always, it is conscious of reality, which the body and brain and senses are just a part of. any experience in this reality consciousness can perceive, but not interact with.

@Shin that ghost may be consciousness, which is what you really are

Edited by zazed

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Just realized something very obvious.
There is nothing inside you unless an experience happens in your body.
Even then, it's an experience happening in something else, the experience can't be this something else.

Interesting ...

@zazed I'm a ghost ... This is cool actually :P

@zazed Oh men, I have no idea what I am, I'm completely lost.
This week-end will be interesting, only self-inquiry, meditation and observation in silence of nature/society :3

I need to know ...

That realization that if all sensation including thought stopped arising, there is something behind it that contains it all. It is all arising in no-thing.... The funny thing is that it really is very obvious when it is seen. It's fucking amazing. Just a peaceful sea of am-ness that contains everything and is boundless. It is always in the same place, it never runs out of energy, and it doesn't know time. You can be it, but it cant be known. No one knows it, it is recognizing itself.

Paul Hedderman puts it well: We are verbs, not nouns.

Edited by Gopackgo

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

@Shin Something did happen in my body.... but I let it out..... and blamed the dog.

17 hours ago, blazed said:

why the f**k are you even on Leo's forum?

Prob some of the same reasons others are on Leo's forum. BTW, it's a community forum. Why I initially registered was to connect with like-minded persons and felt Leo conveyed some great insights. Still believe so.

17 hours ago, blazed said:

You do know Leo has videos fully encouraging people to explore psychedelics right?

I am aware of this and there's potential for dangerous consequences from his encouragement/endorsement. Plus, his drug use is illegal. Folks gotta be cautious. Have not heard of any long lasting effects when taking pysch drugs, maybe a memory recall or something?

Don't persuade people into giving up on enlightenment. There is definitely a point in time where one wakes up, which you can call enlightenment. I experienced this and it changed my entire view on life... Do your research on spiritual awakening/enlightenment before you make such stupid statements about 'giving up'. 

@Malelekakis though don't go too far the other way dude, 99% of people aren't seeking enlightenment, and guess what? They aren't enlightened either.

Focus on being in the present moment for pure satisfaction(or focus on loving and nourishing god as the Christians say) while trying not to get anything.

Enlightenment is a lifestyle, not a project to be obtained.

hmmmmm

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1 hour ago, SBB4746 said:

Don't persuade people into giving up on enlightenment. There is definitely a point in time where one wakes up, which you can call enlightenment. I experienced this and it changed my entire view on life... Do your research on spiritual awakening/enlightenment before you make such stupid statements about 'giving up'. 

You are stupid :D <3 sorry if I made you believe that but I made that statement so that more people will look up to what I have to say.like a clickbait.I just said that enlightenment is not a fixed position but rather it's is an infinite process of the self realising itself

Edited by Malelekakis

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

@Malelekakis though don't go too far the other way dude, 99% of people aren't seeking enlightenment, and guess what? They aren't enlightened either.

Focus on being in the present moment for pure satisfaction(or focus on loving and nourishing god as the Christians say) while trying not to get anything.

Enlightenment is a lifestyle, not a project to be obtained.

That is what I am pointing to by saying do the work for the the shake of the work itself.thank you for making clearer